The Thread for Random Questions That Probably Don’t Deserve Their Own Thread

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Alright, got a random question and no idea what to search for to get the answer.

My driver screen changed this morning on the left side. The GOM is smaller now and below it is a little checkered flag with 7mi. The 7mi doesn’t change. What is this? I’ve already checked and I don’t appear to be navigating anywhere.

Ford Mustang Mach-E The Thread for Random Questions That Probably Don’t Deserve Their Own Thread BA905AA2-DE08-4061-B6BD-8092A6243470

Thanks in advance for answering my dumb question. And if you’ve got a rando question that probably doesn’t deserve its own thread, post it here. Maybe this’ll become a thing.
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
That is the display it shows when you're navigating. Perhaps it was telling you something.

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That is the display it shows when you're navigating. Perhaps it was telling you something.
That’s what I figured but I’m not navigating anywhere. The nav is just a map and “where to?” message.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
it might THINK you're navigating; give it the old reboot (vol down + seek fwd) and see if that fixes it

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Has happened to me before, but always at 1 mile, the cluster must not be getting the message from the nav that the car has arrived, so it just stays at 1 mile for the rest of the key cycle no matter where I go or how many miles.

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag
After the first OTA arrived, mine did this same thing. To clear it I used the nav to start a route, then cancelled it. It want away and hasn’t shown back up (except when it’s supposed to).

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I like this thread and I do have a random question also (may have more in the future). Sometimes when I open the rear ljftgate, after it goes all the way up, about three seconds later, I get three short chimes. Not all the time, just sometimes. The car is not on. I use the button under the gate to open it. It is like some kind of a warning or something. I am not talking about the tones it makes while the hatch is closing.

Last edited:

Papaye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rapid MME Premium RWD ER
Country flag
I like this thread and I do have a random question also (may have more in the future). Sometimes when I open the rear hatch, after it goes all the way up about three seconds later, I get three beeps or tones. Not all the time, just sometimes. The car is not on. I use the button under the lip to open it. It is like some kind of a warning or something. I am not talking about the tones it makes while the hatch is opening or closing.
Happens to me once and a while as well. No idea what this warning is for.

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
After the first OTA arrived, mine did this same thing. To clear it I used the nav to start a route, then cancelled it. It want away and hasn’t shown back up (except when it’s supposed to).
Yup thanks all this worked for me. Just Another Bug. JAB.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Happens to me once and a while as well. No idea what this warning is for.
I looked through all the warning chimes in the service manual and don't see anything related to the rear ljftgate except the chimes it makes while closing which is a completely different chime it makes after it opens and is up for a few seconds.

GJG-Mach-E

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Here's a question: What the heck is that small screen attached to the top of the steering column? It has never shown any information on my car, just remains dark/black. Is it for some future hands-free driving information? I can't even find mention of this screen in the manual; it doesn't show up in the picture of the steering wheel in the manual either (page 23/24 pictures of the wheel), although it is easy to spot in the brochure (page 7 for example).

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Here's a question: What the heck is that small screen attached to the top of the steering column? It has never shown any information on my car, just remains dark/black. Is it for some future hands-free driving information? I can't even find mention of this screen in the manual; it doesn't show up in the picture of the steering wheel in the manual either (page 23/24 pictures of the wheel), although it is easy to spot in the brochure (page 7 for example).
It's not a screen, it's an IR camera for eye tracking for the future hands-free driving.

GJG-Mach-E

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Ah, I wondered if it was for sensors, but it seemed too big for that. Thanks!

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
Watch just about any of the YouTube reviews and you'll see the infrared cameras in that area because the cameras they use to record their videos pick them up.

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Anybody have this one yet? Screen stuck in Light Mode even though it says it’s set on Dark Mode. Restarting car didn’t help. Rebooting Sync (vol down + right seek) fixed it. #JAB.

Ford Mustang Mach-E The Thread for Random Questions That Probably Don’t Deserve Their Own Thread 1DDB287C-41FD-4448-8F28-F45C69FBFF7D
Sponsored