The tracker here knew better than the dealer...and Ford?

cthulhuX

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
My car arrived this past week (Yay!) somewhat unexpectedly. This is because the communication I was e-mailed from from Ford was that delivery would be in the last week of July and then a few weeks later revised to the first couple of weeks in August. When I had last spoke with the dealer on the weekend of July 10 (and well after Ford revised it to August), they also estimated the end of July only to text me a few hours later giving an early August estimate. Weird. But I also put in my VIN into the tracker and it seemed to imply it would be delivered on the 15th. Haha, why should I trust some rando widget over what Ford and the dealer are saying? Yet on the 13th, Ford sent an e-mail asking me to deal with financing. Hmm. And, damn if the dealer didn't call me on the 15th to say, "We weren't expecting it but your car is here. When do you want to come in?"

So is Ford/the dealers gaslighting us about these estimates and/or where is the tracker data coming from that seems not to be common knowledge within Ford's online communication system and/or the dealers?

Oh and I love this car...
Sponsored

physib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Like you said, some rando widget doesn't have information that Ford and dealers have, so it's entirely possible that it is just a coincidence.