TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It would be nice if Electrify Canada would be has good has Electrify America.
From a business model standpoint, Canada is even tougher because there's far more distance to cover and far fewer people (i.e. paying customers) to support it. Same problem that the Dakotas/Montana/Wyoming/Minnesota have in the US.

The Detroit/Toronto/Montreal corridor can support it, but otherwise it's gonna be tough getting coverage coast-to-coast anytime soon.
Sponsored

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
From a business model standpoint, Canada is even tougher because there's far more distance to cover and far fewer people (i.e. paying customers) to support it. Same problem that the Dakotas/Montana/Wyoming/Minnesota have in the US.

The Detroit/Toronto/Montreal corridor can support it, but otherwise it's gonna be tough getting coverage coast-to-coast anytime soon.
Yes I understand that, for the moment they have plans for installing charging stations in only 4 provinces, BC and Alberta in the west and Ontario and Quebec in the east, leaving the prairies with nothing has the Atlantic provinces, and their suppose to be in operation by the end of the year. They actually have 3 sites open in the Toronto area. Fortunately Petro Canada has installed what they call the Electrified Canada Highway from coast to coast, and according to them that represents, in average, a charging station every 150 km/93 mi, with 100 kW to 350 kW capacity, and 1 or 2 stations per site.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Another EA site has come on line. The totals now (May 11 2020) read:
428 total sites-111 future sites, 1467 total CCS chargers, 428 CHAdeMo chargers, 97 level 2 chargers

March 1, 2020 we had 409 total site
Feb 1, 2020 we had 398 total sites with 77 future sites planned.
AS of June 5th, 2020 Totals:
431 total sites-114 future sites 1481 CCS chargers, 431 CHAdeMO chargers, 97 level 2 chargers

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
AS of June 5th, 2020 Totals:
431 total sites-114 future sites 1481 CCS chargers, 431 CHAdeMO chargers, 97 level 2 chargers
Electrify Canada has added 1 site in Merrit, B.C, so they now have 4 stations on-line

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have not included EA Canada stats. Maybe someone should?
Ther's not much to say, I counted 28 stations planned for now from which only 4 are active. They have between 2 and 4 chargers per station. They are only present in B.C and Al in the west and ON and QU in the east, so not a big network at the moment. For long road trips we better rely on Petro Canada stations for 100 + kW recharge and in Quebec we have the excellent Le Circuit Electrique but mainly 50kW and level 2 chargers with a few 100 kW.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
USA Growing again. As of June 10, 2020:
-432 total sites 121 future sites 1484 CCS chargers 432 CHAdeMo chargers 97 level 2 chargers

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Nice. I don't immediately see where the new future site locations are but admittedly, I'm only looking out west. Still hoping they fill in the gap between Phoenix and Vegas.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Yup. Look at the map on their website. There were 114 future sites yesterday. Today there are 121.

Can you tell me where the new sites are? Thanks.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Nice. I don't immediately see where the new future site locations are but admittedly, I'm only looking out west. Still hoping they fill in the gap between Phoenix and Vegas.
Closest I see is a future EA in Quarzite. It's a longer route than 93 by about a half hour, but might work with just a single charge stop. 210 miles to Vegas from Quartzite, so it would probably require a 90% charge on the way to Vegas. Should be OK on the return if you leave Vegas at 100%.

There are a few L2 chargers in Needles if you needed a little top-off to get all the way to Vegas.

Surely EA will add one in Kingman at some point (nothing listed yet though).

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I received the following replies about my two submissions (trimmed to the relevant parts):
We have reviewed your suggestion that Electrify America build a charging station at 3396 Stockton Hill Road in Kingman, Arizona. While we greatly appreciate your input, Western Arizona was not identified as a priority for investment in the Cycle 2 ZEV Investment Plan. Electrify America is committed to using a data-driven process that reevaluates past conclusions in each planning cycle. Please know that we have documented your suggestion and will consider it as we develop future ZEV Investment Plans.
We have reviewed your suggestion that Electrify America build a charging station in Socorro, New Mexico. While we greatly appreciate your input, Central New Mexico was not identified as a priority for investment in the Cycle 2 ZEV Investment Plan. Electrify America is committed to using a data-driven process that reevaluates past conclusions in each planning cycle. Please know that we have documented your suggestion and will consider it as we develop future ZEV Investment Plans.
Hopefully the more submissions and demand will help them "reevaluate past conclusions".

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sounds like it is a matter of priorities for them, meaning "We only have enough money to build X number of stations each year, and we're choosing locations/routes that project to get the most usage".
Sponsored