Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition (Ordered)
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I was standing back in the Tesla area. I did not count Tesla but is HUGE. EA is adjacent. They share the same parking area. It was hard to count EA. I just know it is a lot more than 10.

the largest Chevron station in the world is up the road. I think they can gas 80 cars simultaneously.

LYTMCQ

First Name
Lyt
Reaction score
First Name
Lyt
Vehicles
Telsa Model 3 LR AWD
Country flag
I was standing back in the Tesla area. I did not count Tesla but is HUGE. EA is adjacent. They share the same parking area. It was hard to count EA. I just know it is a lot more than 10. the largest Chevron station in the world is up the road. I think they can gas 80 cars simultaneously.
How many cars were in each?

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
What makes you say the eight EA chargers can charge more than eight cars at a time?
Because I think there were more than eight chargers. The Tesla I think had 3 long banks of chargers.

EA had two rows. Now I was in the Tesla area and it was huge. However the EA was big. The area it was built in was a huge patch of dirt forever. There is still more room to build. EA was covered in fencing and as I said I was at the far end of the Tesla area. I counted more than 8 chargers and it appeared that there were two chargers for every stall.

LYTMCQ

First Name
Lyt
Reaction score
First Name
Lyt
Vehicles
Telsa Model 3 LR AWD
Country flag
I counted more than 8 chargers and it appeared that there were two chargers for every stall.
I think that’s just that you see two plugs for each charger stall. That’s so it can reach different cars with different charge port locations. Each one can only charge one car at a tie. Usually one is a Chademo/L2.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I think that’s just that you see two plugs for each charger stall. That’s so it can reach different cars with different charge port locations. Each one can only charge one car at a tie. Usually one is a Chademo/L2.
Absolutely....I agree i was assuming two cords means two charges just like a gas station

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicles
Kona EV, Mustang GT, Former CMax Energi
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Indeed and for US troops in Korea CCS will be the same. EU troops in Europe will need a CCS1/2 adapter.

It's a very small group and an even smaller subset of those who will have EV's and even smaller group that go to bases that it makes sense and even smaller group of those who ship cars over vs. storing them. Bases have transportation and EU has great public transit so need for cars is small.
Unbelievable, Lyt. You apply no value to those already sacrificing on your behalf, since they are a small group and who cares? Such thoughtlessness. Another rabbit hole for you, I guess.

LYTMCQ

First Name
Lyt
Reaction score
First Name
Lyt
Vehicles
Telsa Model 3 LR AWD
Country flag
You apply no value to those already sacrificing on your behalf, since they are a small group and who cares?
Well that makes no sense in regard to which EV plug different nations choose. Maybe quote what you are referencing.

Having been to Korea, Iraq, Syria, Egypt and Israel several times at request of US government, the phony patriotism is not impressive. Usually people wrapping themselves in the flag turn out to have bone spur issues.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Well that makes no sense in regard to which EV plug different nations choose. Maybe quote what you are referencing.

Having been to Korea, Iraq, Syria, Egypt and Israel several times at request of US government, the phony patriotism is not impressive. Usually people wrapping themselves in the flag turn out to have bone spur issues.
Not sure the bone spur comment is appropriate, but to each their own.
The Air Force has had Hybrids, CNG and now BEVs on our installations in our fleets and we're considered early adopters to promote the new industries . The cost of maintenance and a separate Green Energy Funding stream assures we'll meet each Major Commands Energy goals. Our bases have EVs installed and have many more that are budgeted for bases, including overseas. So BEVs for us in the Military will have charging stations just like Petrol.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicles
Kona EV, Mustang GT, Former CMax Energi
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

This is a direct quote from you that I was referencing: "It's a very small group and an even smaller subset of those who will have EV's and even smaller group that go to bases that it makes sense and even smaller group of those who ship cars over vs. storing them. Bases have transportation and EU has great public transit so need for cars is small." Sorry that you missed that.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicles
2015 Mustang Convertible (to be replaced by MME RT 1), 2016 Dodge Durango
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
This is a direct quote from you that I was referencing: "It's a very small group and an even smaller subset of those who will have EV's and even smaller group that go to bases that it makes sense and even smaller group of those who ship cars over vs. storing them. Bases have transportation and EU has great public transit so need for cars is small." Sorry that you missed that.
FYI, you're engaging in an infinite regression that will lead absolutely nowhere.

LYTMCQ

First Name
Lyt
Reaction score
First Name
Lyt
Vehicles
Telsa Model 3 LR AWD
Country flag
Sorry that you missed that.
What is missing is how that denigrates US service people. People quick to make that claim out of thin air tend to be overcompensating. If I was going to Korea again, I would probably not take my Model 3 as, outside the base, charging infrastructure is not there and Tesla can't use the CCS charging that is there.

Last edited:

Advertisement