Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Can't see any Gray locations no matter how blown up the map is.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
That's very odd. When I just opened https://www.electrifyamerica.com/locate-charger
Even without magnification, the map on the home page (below) has lots of very visible black, existing stations and a fair number of gray, planned stations.
Ford Mustang Mach-E The truth about Electrify America's progress and Traveling with the Mach E Screenshot 2020-05-06 08.51.58

Zooming in on those two obvious ones in New Mexico, it shows them to be in Tucumcari and Santa Rosa.
Ford Mustang Mach-E The truth about Electrify America's progress and Traveling with the Mach E Screenshot 2020-05-06 08.52.43

I wonder if something different is happening on your computer?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Whenever something doesn't seem right when displaying a webpage, first thing I do is try to open the link in a different browser (Firefox, Chrome, IE, etc).

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That's very odd. When I just opened https://www.electrifyamerica.com/locate-charger
Even without magnification, the map on the home page (below) has lots of very visible black, existing stations and a fair number of gray, planned stations.

Zooming in on those two obvious ones in New Mexico, it shows them to be in Tucumcari and Santa Rosa.

I wonder if something different is happening on your computer?
The thing is, if you select only "future" sites there aren't as may as you would expect if they were showing all of those planned for the next phase. I know from reading their documents that New Jersey is supposed to be getting more in this phase (NJ turnpike that runs NE-SW, garden state parkway that runs N-S near the coast, and AC expressway that connect Philly to Atlantic City. None of those are on this map (I deselected existing stations):
Ford Mustang Mach-E The truth about Electrify America's progress and Traveling with the Mach E Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 12.06.44 PM

And the larger map of the US does not have nearly as many stations as I know they are planning:
Ford Mustang Mach-E The truth about Electrify America's progress and Traveling with the Mach E Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 12.05.16 PM

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 12.06.44 PM.png

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Make sure you enable showing the planned sites. Click on the filter button that looks like a sideways equalizer in the upper left, and make sure that the "coming soon" link is checked with all the charger types:
Ford Mustang Mach-E The truth about Electrify America's progress and Traveling with the Mach E Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 12.15.45 PM

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Maybe it's the difference between "planned" and "locked in"? Just a guess. I assume they're planning for a lot more in a lot of corridors, but don't have exact locations contracted for yet.

I was a little surprised when the Green River UT dot popped up in the last couple of months showing an exact address.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Maybe it's the difference between "planned" and "locked in"? Just a guess. I assume they're planning for a lot more in a lot of corridors, but don't have exact locations contracted for yet.

I was a little surprised when the Green River UT dot popped up in the last couple of months showing an exact address.
yes, that does make sense. I guess they can't put a dot on the map with a rough area as opposed to an actual address. It would be nice if there was at least a text list of "planned but unselected site". I know for a fact that Tesla already contracted with the state to not only put in more superchargers at specific rest stops along those areas but to also put in the infrastructure (I assume power lines and transformers) for someone else to install CCS chargers.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’ll definitely use one of the other route planners. It was just surprising to see such a large difference.
Also the Mach-E will have it's own trip planner included with the Nav system.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Also the Mach-E will have it's own trip planner included with the Nav system.
Hopefully it adjusts range and power usage based on the speed limits of the route too, not just the distance. There's a big difference in power drain between getting to the next station 200 miles away at 50 MPH than there is at 75 MPH.

Might only use up 53 kWh to get there at 50 MPH, but 68 kWh to do it at 75 MPH.

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
Hopefully it adjusts range and power usage based on the speed limits of the route too, not just the distance. There's a big difference in power drain between getting to the next station 200 miles away at 50 MPH than there is at 75 MPH.

Might only use up 53 kWh to get there at 50 MPH, but 68 kWh to do it at 75 MPH.
In that case, it sounds like a good reason to get off the highway and see the real world!

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Make sure you enable showing the planned sites. Click on the filter button that looks like a sideways equalizer in the upper left, and make sure that the "coming soon" link is checked with all the charger types:
Ford Mustang Mach-E The truth about Electrify America's progress and Traveling with the Mach E Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 12.15.45 PM
Thanks for the tip, unclicking the "site is live" allowed the "future" sites to show clearly. Unfortunately, Michigan, the UP of Michigan, Minnesota, central and northern Wisconsin, the Dakotas, much of Wyoming and Montana lack CCS fast charging sites and it is unknown if EA will install in these areas.. For example, Green Bay Wisconsin (150 miles from my retirement home) lacks any fast DC charging despite having a population of nearly 1110,000 with millions of visitors and travelers each year as two major 4 lane interstate highways converge thru the city. The state of Wisconsin is sitting on nearly 10 million dollars in fast charging sites via the VW emission scandal but can't determine where or when to install such sites!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Unfortunately, Michigan, the UP of Michigan, Minnesota, central and northern Wisconsin, the Dakotas, much of Wyoming and Montana lack CCS fast charging sites and it is unknown if EA will install in these areas.
From the EA phase 2 document lytmcq posted, Wisconsin and North Dakota submitted ZERO proposals for EA phase 2 sites. Montana, Wyoming, and SD had 1 apiece:
Ford Mustang Mach-E The truth about Electrify America's progress and Traveling with the Mach E Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 12.52.40 PM

I did not see any specifics in that document about phase 2 sites selected, however.

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
From the EA phase 2 document lytmcq posted, Wisconsin and North Dakota submitted ZERO proposals for EA phase 2 sites. Montana, Wyoming, and SD had 1 apiece:
Ford Mustang Mach-E The truth about Electrify America's progress and Traveling with the Mach E Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 12.52.40 PM

I did not see any specifics in that document about phase 2 sites selected, however.
At first I was going to say "Why does a charging company need a proposal from a local entity in order to open a station?". But then I looked at that further and it appears to simply be a count of "submissions", which sounds like it could be as simple as a comment posted from an individual on their website (prior to Oct-2018). Not exactly a thorough way to plan a national network, although I trust it was only one small piece of the data used to help identify which corridors to prioritize early.