Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Just as an aside, it is pretty ridiculous that neither the website nor the app show the power of the chargers. So, you have to go to plugshare to find out what the power is from each charger.
Sponsored

theothertom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Bolt
Country flag
Just as an aside, it is pretty ridiculous that neither the website nor the app show the power of the chargers. So, you have to go to plugshare to find out what the power is from each charger.
The power is printed on the front of each charger. I've always seen both 150kW and 350kW at each charging station I've been to. I think they're all that way.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The power is printed on the front of each charger. I've always seen both 150kW and 350kW at each charging station I've been to. I think they're all that way.
According to plugshare, there are many that are 150 max, so you can't just assume. When planning a trip, I don't want to have to drive to each location to see if it has 50, 150 or 350.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
According to plugshare, there are many that are 150 max, so you can't just assume. When planning a trip, I don't want to have to drive to each location to see if it has 50, 150 or 350.
Is there an advantage to using the 350 kW max stall for the Mach-E?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Nope. Not all.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Hopefully the Ford Pass app will show it.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
No, but that's not the point. That's a basic piece of information that should be there; a college undergrad doing a project would think of it.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Not yet. However, a couple of interviews have indicated 150 kW isn’t a hardware limit, it’s a software limit. Future OTA upgrades might increase the charge rate. Then it would matter.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
EA shows no outage there, while on PlugShare it shows some stalls under repair:

Screenshot_20200911-142517.png
Interestingly I just looked and PlugShare now shows "one under repair," not two. The one under repair is a 150/150, while the others are the CHAdeMO/150 and the two 350/350.

I don't know the history of the location enough to know how many 350/350 were there before but I'd be surprised if it was 2 pairs before?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Interestingly I just looked and PlugShare now shows "one under repair," not two. The one under repair is a 150/150, while the others are the CHAdeMO/150 and the two 350/350.

I don't know the history of the location enough to know how many 350/350 were there before but I'd be surprised if it was 2 pairs before?
I rechecked the app. Exactly the same as earlier today. Then I checked the web site and I see what you are seeing. No idea why they're different.

On an unrelated note, it's nice to see so many charging options en route from Cleveland to Cedar Point. :)

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I rechecked the app. Exactly the same as earlier today. Then I checked the web site and I see what you are seeing. No idea why they're different.

On an unrelated note, it's nice to see so many charging options en route from Cleveland to Cedar Point. :)
"take your Ford roller coaster up the Lake Erie coast to the Cedar Point roller coasters"

I dunno who am I Don Draper never mind forget I said anything

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
"take your Ford roller coaster up the Lake Erie coast to the Cedar Point roller coasters"

I dunno who am I Don Draper never mind forget I said anything
You body may have had more than its fair share of coaster jostling... May I recommend activating whisper mode, and heading to a show at Severance Hall (if it ever reopens ? )?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
You body may have had more than its fair share of coaster jostling... May I recommend activating whisper mode, and heading to a show at Severance Hall (if it ever reopens ? )?
looping back to a serious point from this statement, the ride quality is one thing I wish I could know about before getting the car. But the first ride thread suggests we'll be fine.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
looping back to a serious point from this statement, the ride quality is one thing I wish I could know about before getting the car. But the first ride thread suggests we'll be fine.

I'll check ride quality during the test drive... This is also the sort of thing I like to get from the professional reviewers' articles and videos, since they can relate the experience to so many cars I've never been in.

Now we're differencing 1.0e3 in every thread?

0x0136
Sponsored