John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I rechecked the app. Exactly the same as earlier today. Then I checked the web site and I see what you are seeing. No idea why they're different.

On an unrelated note, it's nice to see so many charging options en route from Cleveland to Cedar Point. :)
But that round trip should not even require a charge. Even from Canton, CP is only 100 miles.
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yeah Ohio has a bunch of DCFC's in the service plaza's on the turnpike and then EA has some at nearby Walmarts. Good coverage there. Likely because I-80/90 there is a heavily used East-West route.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Yeah Ohio has a bunch of DCFC's in the service plaza's on the turnpike and then EA has some at nearby Walmarts. Good coverage there. Likely because I-80/90 there is a heavily used East-West route.
Yeah some of those photos Emma Berg posted were from there. Easy drive from Detroit.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Interestingly I just looked and PlugShare now shows "one under repair," not two. The one under repair is a 150/150, while the others are the CHAdeMO/150 and the two 350/350.

I don't know the history of the location enough to know how many 350/350 were there before but I'd be surprised if it was 2 pairs before?
EA installed 4 chargers per location on the two Ohio Turnpike locations. One charger is labeled 150kW CCS and 50kW Chademo, the other is labeled 150 CCS kW. The two other Chargers have the up to 350 kW CCS label. As stated in the previous sentence, there is only two Ohio Turnpike service plaza's that have EA chargers. One is just west of Toledo while the other is just east of Toledo. The thought that one can easily get off this Turnpike and quickly drive to a Walmart where an EA is located is just not true. The photo with the Waffle House in the background was taken at the Sheezt location in the general Youngstown, Ohio area just off of I-80.
Ford Mustang Mach-E The truth about Electrify America's progress and Traveling with the Mach E EA 50kW and 150 kW on same pump.JPG
Ford Mustang Mach-E The truth about Electrify America's progress and Traveling with the Mach E EA 150  and 50 Chademo ports
Ford Mustang Mach-E The truth about Electrify America's progress and Traveling with the Mach E EA 350 kW station.JPG
Ford Mustang Mach-E The truth about Electrify America's progress and Traveling with the Mach E EA turnpike ohio 4 stations

theothertom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Bolt
Country flag
According to plugshare, there are many that are 150 max, so you can't just assume. When planning a trip, I don't want to have to drive to each location to see if it has 50, 150 or 350.
Like I said, all of the have 150 AND 350.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Like I said, all of the have 150 AND 350.
That is absolutely UNTRUE. When I was preplaning a trip from NJ to orlando by way of atlanta, roughly half the stops were indicated as having only 150kw in plugshare and ABRP.

For example:
walmart 3402 in stockbridge, ga.
target 1416 springfield va
spotsylvania town center in spotsylvania, va
pleasant valley promenade in raleigh, nc
king of prussia mall outside of phila

Sams club in greenville, sc was listed as all 150's but is now at 50 due to the repairs

Last edited:

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
But that round trip should not even require a charge. Even from Canton, CP is only 100 miles.
Good point. The only times I've been to CP were round trip from Cleveland's east side, via Greyhound-style bus, before I had my own car. :) Time and miles were a fuzzy blur in my mind.

Still, seems like Arizona's charging network has a lot of catching up to do.

Lukeh02

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14’ Taurus (21’ Mustang ME)
Country flag
This is in Bedford PA.
I’m in DC and travel back to Cleveland area. This is one of the only main EA chargers available on my route. Luckily I didn’t need one on today’s trip.

The far left charger was green, the rest were red, and looks 4 waiting to be installed.

FB762A7A-CFF7-4E91-82C9-95768E9AB124.jpeg

D224AB4F-794D-4ECF-8047-4C630859B21F.jpeg

BB0FD79F-5BD7-46EB-8EA7-ECBCED2DBCA6.jpeg

F75D7162-EF14-48CD-A245-C32107A4B356.jpeg

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is in Bedford PA.
I’m in DC and travel back to Cleveland area. This is one of the only main EA chargers available on my route. Luckily I didn’t need one on today’s trip.

The far left charger was green, the rest were red, and looks 4 waiting to be installed.

Ford Mustang Mach-E The truth about Electrify America's progress and Traveling with the Mach E F75D7162-EF14-48CD-A245-C32107A4B356

Ford Mustang Mach-E The truth about Electrify America's progress and Traveling with the Mach E F75D7162-EF14-48CD-A245-C32107A4B356

If you take I 80 instead of traveling west in the PA Tuenpike you will come across EA chargers. No tolls on I80 either.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Is Electrify America going to switch to kWh pricing next week?

Electrek on their Friday podcast hinted that EA will be announcing a big change that everyone in the EV community wants to see happen.

44:35 mark

Last edited:

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

Electrek on their Friday podcast hinted that EA will be announcing a big change that everyone in the Each community wants to see happen.

Nice! Maybe this is what Musk's been hinting at for "battery day."

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
EA has done a remarkable job with the quick expansion but there remains significant 'holes" in its network as with other networks including Tesla. The UP of Michigan does not have any fast charging location including Tesla. Further expansion is needed.
I would suspect that Michigan would have fewer chargers than normal, due to vested ICE interests.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would suspect that Michigan would have fewer chargers than normal, due to vested ICE interests.
It's geography also doesn't fit EA's model for long major interstate routes. Outside CA, they're mainly focusing on the long-haul interstates with the most traffic. At least in these earlier phases of roll-out.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am aware of a Michigan vendor that has installed, has pending construction work and is scouting for more EV charging locations in the state and the UP. How many is unknown. Other vendors than EA exist and need to provide services where holes exist.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

Electrek on their Friday podcast hinted that EA will be announcing a big change that everyone in the EV community wants to see happen.

A new podcast to listen to.

The thing that intrigued me the most though on this episode was all the talk about Nikola and the GM deal. GM seems to be making blunder after blunder.
Sponsored