Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Going back a little with something more in line with EA and EV charging infrastructure, i read this morning that Couche Tard a convenience store company who also owns Circle K and Ingo just announce yesterday that they will build an EV charger infrastructure probably with DCFC has they have experiencve in Norway at Circle K.(450 DCFC) For the US it seems they gone start by the west coast where there's a large EV community. I have read the article on the Quebec AVEQ site but they refer to an AFP source but I couldn't find it.

https://www.aveq.ca/actualiteacutes

View attachment 5337

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Going back a little with something more in line with EA and EV charging infrastructure, i read this morning that Couche Tard a convenience store company who also owns Circle K and Ingo just announce yesterday that they will build an EV charger infrastructure probably with DCFC has they have experiencve in Norway at Circle K.(450 DCFC) For the US it seems they gone start by the west coast where there's a large EV community. I have read the article on the Quebec AVEQ site but they refer to an AFP source but I couldn't find it.

Another indication that things will change over time. I wonder how costly EV stations really are when you compare them to the gas pumps, tanks, and environmental impact cost if they need removed. This also should lead to more sales in their stores as EV owners wait on charging and need a snack, meal, or drink. We need a critical mass in other parts of the US and NA like in California.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Another indication that things will change over time. I wonder how costly EV stations really are when you compare them to the gas pumps, tanks, and environmental impact cost if they need removed. This also should lead to more sales in their stores as EV owners wait on charging and need a snack, meal, or drink. We need a critical mass in other parts of the US and NA like in California.
It's not the cost alone, it's the cost combined with the immense foot traffic. 12 gas pumps probably generate 50-100 unique customers an hour. A few chargers maybe 3-4 per hour after BEVs become more commonplace? (Maybe 3-4 per day now?)

There's a lot to factor in. But in general, chargers don't generate more than a small fraction of the unique customer count. Especially since most people charge at home.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

It sounds similar to Royal Farm stores here in the Mid-Atlantic. They partnered with ChargePoint to become a destination for BEV drivers. They hope to sell lots of their "famous fried chicken".

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Interesting: I'd say they could put solar up there but its likely the solar would only provide enough power to light the lights (solar + battery) and given that Canada is a bit more North they have even less.

Speaking of that: The canopies are probably necessary for those long Canadian winters.

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag

At least when I get my Mach-E I won't be dependent on their one single CHAdeMO connector at each location.

8/9 attempts at using EA chargers on my trip last week worked.

I mean every other network I used had a 100% reliability, but I guess a B+ still passes.

And hopefully the staff at EA locations will stop ICEing the chargers with their cars... this time I was lucky it wasn't the single CHAdeMO.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
At least when I get my Mach-E I won't be dependent on their one single CHAdeMO connector at each location.
Glad to hear that Nissan is moving away from CHAdeMO (for NA sales) in favor of CCS. As CCS BEV sales balloon in the US this decade, devoting 1 of 4 chargers to CHAdeMO will get wasteful and just add expense.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That's true. While annoying that they get to use EA while we aren't allowed to use superchargers, taking their money does help. ?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That's true. While annoying that they get to use EA while we aren't allowed to use superchargers, taking their money does help. ?
I hove no fear that Tesla will start selling a CCS->tesla adapter as chademo starts to fade away.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not yet, since there so few CCS cars on US roads and EA stations being full rarely happens. But that could change in a few years.
Sponsored