Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Maybe before COVID-19. Now everyone who can afford to is abandoning apartments and condos and buying single-family.
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Let's hope that Ford has figured out a charger port design that fixes that "heavy cable" problem.
I think Chevy did on the 2020 Bolt, so it may not be an issue for the Mach-E. It would have come up in all of the Mach-E testing the engineers did at EA chargers.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Let's hope that Ford has figured out a charger port design that fixes that "heavy cable" problem.
Let's hope that EA fixes that flaw in their chargers, too.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I think Chevy did on the 2020 Bolt, so it may not be an issue for the Mach-E. It would have come up in all of the Mach-E testing the engineers did at EA chargers.
what's concerning is that it could be a design flaw in CCS, which would be really bad. Hopefully it's just a fluke in the way chevy made their connector pins

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
what's concerning is that it could be a design flaw in CCS, which would be really bad. Hopefully it's just a fluke in the way chevy made their connector pins
From what I've gathered the CCS cables are heavy and the Bolt's connector port was not strong enough to support the weight, which is why you have to lift up on the CCs handle.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
From what I've gathered the CCS cables are heavy and the Bolt's connector port was not strong enough to support the weight, which is why you have to lift up on the CCs handle.
Seems like it would be the spring-release latch on top that would be the crucial part for keeping the handle in tightly and avoid angling down and out from a heavy cable.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Could be? My guess is that when the Bolt first came out there were not alot of 150kW+ chargers out there. So maybe Chevy designed the pre-2020 Bolts to work with the 50kW chargers and J1772. Then when the longer and heavy cables came out with EA 150kw+ stations the connection issue presented itself.
Sponsored