The windshield, roof recall went out last nite.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Does this mean I don't have any recalls? Honestly feel like there's weird stuff going on with my VIN since I never even get the photo of my vehicle on the website or apps and it doesn't show up in the VIN tracker either.
Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 12.46.59 PM.png
Your vehicle was built after the recall timeframe.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Your vehicle was built after the recall timeframe.
Thanks! Now if anyone can tell me why I never see the photo of my car on the website or apps, that would be great too! haha

skeighle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e select awd
Country flag
Why is that quite an oversight?
Because some customers are
Why is that quite an oversight?
Am I wrong in the assumption that this is a simple windshield reseal? Safelite has already replaced them with their tools and materials, and it will be the same glass, so what tools or materials need to be ordered to delay this safety recall?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Am I wrong in the assumption that this is a simple windshield reseal? Safelite has already replaced them with their tools and materials, and it will be the same glass, so what tools or materials need to be ordered to delay this safety recall?
Every vehicle recall I remember followed this same pattern. First there is an announcement of the recall with information that the company or dealer would reach out when they were ready to execute it. That's followed by "we're ready, make an appointment". How is this suddenly so different?

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
First, if I remember correctly the windshield coming off only occurred during a crash at the test site. It's never happened in the wild.

Second, the roof glass flying off is not a danger to you. It's a danger to the guy behind you. ;-)
Did any windshield come off? Can you share a link? All Iā€™ve seen is someone cracked a windshield and when they were removing it, they felt it didnā€™t have enough adhesion. Ford investigated, saw this wasnā€™t a one off of how the adhesive was done, and decided to recall all Mach-Es built up to that date with that process.

Source: https://www.thedrive.com/news/42537...ch-e-recalled-for-windshields-that-may-detach

ā€œThe issue was first reported in late June of this year when Fordā€™s Critical Concerns Review Group began investigating a report claiming poor windshield adhesion during a cracked windshield replacement. The team analyzed the claim and performed various adhesion tests throughout July and August, ultimately arriving at a conclusion in September that "Ford engineering was not confident the affected units would meet the [adhesion] requirements."ā€

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Did any windshield come off? Can you share a link? All Iā€™ve seen is someone cracked a windshield and when they were removing it, they felt it didnā€™t have enough adhesion. Ford investigated, saw this wasnā€™t a one off of how the adhesive was done, and decided to recall all Mach-Es built up to that date with that process.

Source: https://www.thedrive.com/news/42537...ch-e-recalled-for-windshields-that-may-detach

ā€œThe issue was first reported in late June of this year when Fordā€™s Critical Concerns Review Group began investigating a report claiming poor windshield adhesion during a cracked windshield replacement. The team analyzed the claim and performed various adhesion tests throughout July and August, ultimately arriving at a conclusion in September that "Ford engineering was not confident the affected units would meet the [adhesion] requirements."ā€
Yup, they are just getting ahead of any possible issues. Better safe than sorry. It says all the details in the official notice.

Reactions: ARK

Cm12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Just got my windshield recall notice too. I remember the Ford salesman explaining how Ford windshields wouldnā€™t fall out like Teslas when showing me the car. How ironic.

DanHo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME RR 4x & 17 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Just got my windshield recall notice too. I remember the Ford salesman explaining how Ford windshields wouldnā€™t fall out like Teslas when showing me the car. How ironic.
Has your windshield fallen out. Any reports of Ford Mustang Mach-E windshields falling out anywhere?

OP
OP
zvez

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag

well I'm thinking/hoping that ford is smart enough to have a supply of spare windshields in warehouses in the US for the inevitable breakage that will occur from mishaps removing and reinstalling thousands of windshields. It would suck to go into what should be a two day recall that turns into weeks waiting for a replacement. SO the optimist in me hopes that would be the supplies.

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
I'm a late Jan 21 build and received notice too. I have had the windshield tinted with 80% Llumar ceramic tint (not an inexpensive thing) which has been very effective at reducing interior heat. Will need to speak with my tint tech and Ford service manager to minimize the chance of damage.

GrisGris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RR ER AWD
Country flag
I'm a late Jan 21 build and received notice too. I have had the windshield tinted with 80% Llumar ceramic tint (not an inexpensive thing) which has been very effective at reducing interior heat. Will need to speak with my tint tech and Ford service manager to minimize the chance of damage.
Same here. I already wasn't thrilled with them having to remove the windshield, but I hadn't even thought of that.

ERIC8585

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
When are they gonna release an OTA software update to fix all the bugs and the PaaK?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
šŸ”‘ ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ šŸ‘€
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
When are they gonna release an OTA software update to fix all the bugs and the PaaK?
Uh, there are maybe 300 existing threads better suited to this question. (But please don't repost to all of them. ?)

This is a discussion (one of several) about glass adhesion.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
We should be clear. There's no requirement for you to have them do the work on the windshield. A recall isn't required work.
Sponsored