The windshield, roof recall went out last nite.

OP
OP
zvez

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
We should be clear. There's no requirement for you to have them do the work on the windshield. A recall isn't required work.
that's very true, BUT with two open safety recalls if you try to sell the car say two years from now, how will that affect the trade in/sale offer. I'm inclined to leave it and not have it done.
Sponsored

EddieHaskell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Database Developer
Country flag
I called my local dealer (Liberty Ford Brunswick) today to schedule the windshield and roof re-seal, as well as the PAAK update.

The manager handling recall issues told me that I would be receiving a letter in the mail with the next steps, and that I should wait for it to arrive before moving on...

Last edited:

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ah, a good reason to trade in for a GTPE, also I donot have to wait for blue cruse.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
that's very true, BUT with two open safety recalls if you try to sell the car say two years from now, how will that affect the trade in/sale offer. I'm inclined to leave it and not have it done.
It will only affect trade in value, something I've never done. I sell mine to private parties. I give them all of the documentation including recalls and let them decide if they want to do it.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
It will only affect trade in value, something I've never done. I sell mine to private parties. I give them all of the documentation including recalls and let them decide if they want to do it.
Why would it affect trade-in value?

OP
OP
zvez

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Why would it affect trade-in value?
Perhaps a dealer can't sell a vehicle with open recalls? So they'd have the hassle of arranging to have them done.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
How did they do it . Did they do a good job or mess up your paint job or interior
It was done perfectly. I can't find any fault with the job whatsoever. I'm pretty sure it was subbed out to an autoglass company.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I just got my notification for both recalls yesterday as well. I called the dealership to schedule the repair but apparently Ford Canada hasn't provided the information how the parts/procedures to do the repair.

Cm12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
And they haven't.
But thereā€™s enough concern that they could that Ford is spending how much money to replace them? I guess youā€™re right though, Ford is probably just throwing away all that money just to annoy Mach E owners.

MaineSailor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 SAAB 9-5, 2021 Mach E SR Premium
Occupation
Marine Engineer
Country flag
Both recalls came through on my (crappy) Fordpass app about a week ago. I called my local dealer and asked if I needed to wait for a letter in the mail, and they said "No - we see it here in the computer, so we can schedule the work". I asked directly if they subbed out glass work, and was told that yes, they do - so I guess that's good. ** Does anyone have the actual Ford repair procedures for these recalls? I'm hoping that the auto glass place is clearly instructed NOT to remove the pano roof!
Sponsored