Carlden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Loan Officer
Country flag
unfortunately was hit today by someone with a trailer. Love my car but now I’m scared that with the repair, my car will never be the same. I live in the Los Angeles area and need a shop asap. Caliber is coming up as Ford certified and thinking of going with them just for that reason whoever Ford itself couldn’t repair my usb charger when it was acting up so I’m thinking not many places will have experience performing the work on a Mach-E. It’s not just bumper / fender but all the sensors, computer parts needed to keep it up and running. If anyone has a recommendation, please let me know.

CE9C3DDD-10AB-4CD2-9F68-4FB018AC0BDF.jpeg

D47860FE-5F7E-415E-8011-24F096DFC4B0.jpeg

F3091DB0-77BD-48D8-945F-AFED8BEE2B78.jpeg

T_to the_A

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mustang V6 Red Candy Metallic, 2021 Mach-e Premuim AWD St Range Shadow Black
Occupation
I sell wine
Country flag
What a bummer first post.
Good luck, that looks to be an extensive and expensive repair. I would take a number of deep breaths and wait for insurance to handle this, that’s going to take some time.
Sorry for your unfortunate experience. Keep your chin up, could‘ve been a potential injury accident when there’s a trailer involved.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I’d try one of the larger Ford dealers around LA. I agree with you that not many body shops would have experience with this vehicle yet, and my thinking would be that the larger Ford dealers would probably have had the most experience so far in Mach-E repairs.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I had mine repaired for a similar job on the passenger front, it wasn't as bad (didn't get to the wheel well, but they replaced the entire front basically (bumper, louvres, etc.) along with the passenger headlight and fender. No issues at all. The camera and sensors just need to be calibrated, they had an electrical guy come out and he calibrates the sensors and makes sure the camera works. They said it took a few hours as it would throw faults, they clear them and try again. This was their FIRST MME, so I was apprehensive. But they are a certified Ford shop and the body shop for a Ford dealer here in Orange County, so they were confident they would have the proper resources at their disposal.

All in all, I'm very happy with what they did. Lane keep, front camera, etc. are all working perfectly fine. Parts were the biggest lag, but still only took a few weeks.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I’m so sorry to hear. I hope nobody was hurt? Was there airbag deployment? I’d ask specifically if the body shop has dealt with a Mustang Mach E before, given how extensive the damage is. You also may want to keep the thought of trading it in the back of your mind.

OP
OP

Carlden1906

First Name
Carlden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Loan Officer
Country flag
I had mine repaired for a similar job on the passenger front, it wasn't as bad (didn't get to the wheel well, but they replaced the entire front basically (bumper, louvres, etc.) along with the passenger headlight and fender. No issues at all. The camera and sensors just need to be calibrated, they had an electrical guy come out and he calibrates the sensors and makes sure the camera works. They said it took a few hours as it would throw faults, they clear them and try again. This was their FIRST MME, so I was apprehensive. But they are a certified Ford shop and the body shop for a Ford dealer here in Orange County, so they were confident they would have the proper resources at their disposal.

All in all, I'm very happy with what they did. Lane keep, front camera, etc. are all working perfectly fine. Parts were the biggest lag, but still only took a few weeks.
Thanks for the info. What shop did you use?

OP
OP

Carlden1906

First Name
Carlden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Loan Officer
Country flag

Thank you. What shop did you use?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Thank you. What shop did you use?
Mission Viejo Auto Collision, they had like a solid 5 stars and were really great. If a part is backordered, they get an inventory list of dealers that show it in stock and call around, they drove up to Stockton to get a part for my car that was pretty backordered. Now, most parts are about a week or two out if not readily available. They're the body shop for Santa Margarita Ford and I think Honda, plus they're AAA authorized/certified whatever. I had a little door ding and scratch on the dash that they fixed for free!

DrJay32

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.luminescentphoto.com
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select AWD
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
unfortunately was hit today by someone with a trailer. Love my car but now I’m scared that with the repair, my car will never be the same. I live in the Los Angeles area and need a shop asap. Caliber is coming up as Ford certified and thinking of going with them just for that reason whoever Ford itself couldn’t repair my usb charger when it was acting up so I’m thinking not many places will have experience performing the work on a Mach-E. It’s not just bumper / fender but all the sensors, computer parts needed to keep it up and running. If anyone has a recommendation, please let me know.

Ford Mustang Mach-E The worst has happened…auto accident F3091DB0-77BD-48D8-945F-AFED8BEE2B78

Ford Mustang Mach-E The worst has happened…auto accident F3091DB0-77BD-48D8-945F-AFED8BEE2B78

seeing this is like a punch in the gut. So sorry this happened, and I hope you get it repaired soon.

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
Sorry to hear this. Is it Caliber Collision? I'm not in your area so can't speak to specific locations but our local one fixed up our Volvo (3 times actually, within 1 year of ownership, that was fun...) and they did a great job re: all the sensors and what not, everything is still working perfectly 4 years later.

Smarticlz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache E
Country flag
Ugh.. I feel your pain... some kid hit me two weeks ago when i was making a right turn, so now I am in a similar situation. I tried to take my shop to a recommended caliber shop, but I called and they said they aren't "aluminum certified." So I decided to take it to a Ford dealer near by... but according to them everything is back ordered. Anybody know how long I may need to wait for a bumper and headlight?

I am trying to figure out a way to get around my insurance "30 day" rental policy. Anyone have some thoughts? I only need the car 3 days out of the week, so my plan was to rent a car every 3 days or so to try and stretch out this rental thing.

Car Bumper.PNG

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Every car has bumper sensors and cameras now, no need to worry about decent body shops doing body work. Lots of them have the correct software for most cars as well, if they don’t they farm it out to the dealership.

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Ugh.. I feel your pain... some kid hit me two weeks ago when i was making a right turn, so now I am in a similar situation. I tried to take my shop to a recommended caliber shop, but I called and they said they aren't "aluminum certified." So I decided to take it to a Ford dealer near by... but according to them everything is back ordered. Anybody know how long I may need to wait for a bumper and headlight?

I am trying to figure out a way to get around my insurance "30 day" rental policy. Anyone have some thoughts? I only need the car 3 days out of the week, so my plan was to rent a car every 3 days or so to try and stretch out this rental thing.
Did you tell them the bumpers not aluminium lol.
My thoughts are tell the shop you’ll keep driving the car untill they get the parts in.

Smarticlz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache E
Country flag
@Motomax I don’t know anything about cars. But I did keep driving it. Parts finally came in last week, so hopefully I can get my car this weekend! Now I need to invest in a dash cam… before something worse happens.
Sponsored