First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
That's a great question and point.

The Mach-E has two capabilities - Departure times and Remote Start. It has no "pre-conditioning option". People keep using a term that doesn't exist, at least now, for this car.

There are beliefs as to what happens during Departure time vs. Remote Start, based on testing people are doing and assumptions they are making, but no definitive list of the differences.
RTFM
Sponsored

Mr. Toejam

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ext, Chevy Bolt, Honda Minivan
Occupation
Dir of MFG Eng
Country flag
Yes it will do Time Lapse

FLIR TL.jpg
Time to start a you tube page. Bjorn has a lock on the banana box test. You get the thermal camera time lapse videos. It will be the next great EV time suck.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Time to start a you tube page. Bjorn has a lock on the banana box test. You get the thermal camera time lapse videos. It will be the next great EV time suck.
Not like I'm sitting around doing nothing and have all the time to take time laps videos but if I did try one, what part of the car would you want me to take a video of?

will

First Name
Not Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T, 2022 MME Prem Ext Rwd
Country flag
I know you didnā€™t ask me, but that seat heating up would be cool. I mean hot. Nevermindā€¦. This post got weird.

RWG

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hey guys,

I found the heat map/thermal imaging analysis very informative. Good job!

For all you the "techies/nerds" on the forum, attached you will find a test I conducted to determine the potential "heat stress" areas of the charging system using the Ford Connected Smart Charger installed in my garage.

The attached pdf file details my test criteria, temp measurements, conclusions and concerns. I hope you all find it interesting useful.

PS: I found no immediate short term reasons for concerns but there are some things we all should keep in mind regarding routine maintenance and potential long term unforeseen consequences.

Enjoy ?

Attachments

mfbrown

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Prem, RWD, ER; 2023 MME Prem, RWD, ER
Country flag
Iā€™m a nerd and I bought a new toy for my phone (thermal imaging camera). I took a few photos of my MME this morning during pre-conditioning. I love to see where the seat heater elements areā€¦

C3A66153-135E-45CD-BBED-107B9539D13A.jpeg
This beautifully highlights my one complaint about the heated seats. The elements don't go in the areas on the left and right of the seat cushion. When I get in the car on those cold days, I find that the side of my legs touch the cold sides of the seat which is a huge contrast to the warmth under my bottom. I wish the elements also went through that part of the cushions.

Great photos; thank you. I just placed a Flir on order; you should get a commission. :)

Excited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Techno+
Occupation
GIS Engineering
Country flag
Iā€™m a nerd and I bought a new toy for my phone (thermal imaging camera). I took a few photos of my MME this morning during pre-conditioning. I love to see where the seat heater elements areā€¦

C3A66153-135E-45CD-BBED-107B9539D13A.jpeg

90867830-BA0B-4501-B2AA-543BEB09C52A.jpeg
If this is correct, it looks like what I've felt. I get a sweaty back before my legs get warm ā€¦

Cole9959

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Hey guys,

I found the heat map/thermal imaging analysis very informative. Good job!

For all you the "techies/nerds" on the forum, attached you will find a test I conducted to determine the potential "heat stress" areas of the charging system using the Ford Connected Smart Charger installed in my garage.

The attached pdf file details my test criteria, temp measurements, conclusions and concerns. I hope you all find it interesting useful.

PS: I found no immediate short term reasons for concerns but there are some things we all should keep in mind regarding routine maintenance and potential long term unforeseen consequences.

Enjoy ?
Nice! I have this charger. Great info.
Sponsored