chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
Tldr; Ford please make MagnaRide and sport seats ala carte options for all trims
Also create an individual mode where we can select the steering weight, suspension comfort, throttle response and regen intensity as we like.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Xlch59

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 mach 2004 Cobra 2007 GT500
Country flag
My GT-PE arrived in KC yesterday. Guesstimates on how long to get to Richmond, CA?
14 days from KC to Richmond. Then a few days at the dock. Your going to Love your car. I have the exact one you ordered. Couldn't be happier!!!

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Great review. I think he makes an interesting point in the end that he wants the 'hot' version of his vehicle to feel more different compared to the standard version in daily driving. He says with a gas car, if you get the performance version, even at idle or driving normally, you feel and hear the rumble of the more powerful engine, but it's sort of invisible on an EV unless you are pushing it because the powertrain is always silent.

I think this is a systemic problem for all EVs. Even for the non-GT Mach-Es, as a performance SUV, sometimes I wish I could feel the vehicle's power more. I think the noise they came up with is a great solution, but it is far too muted. Acknowledging that some people don't like the noise at all, I wish they would give us the ability to crank up for all Mach-Es and especially so for the GTs with a software update.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I think the two people Mac and.... was it scoop? in the Palsapp thread would be a good model to follow. I know they were up around that part of CA as well
Yup. car arrived in Richmond early Friday morning. Delivered to Sunnyvale Ford early the next Friday morning a week later. Dealer doesn't know when it would come until the day of when it shows up, but they could tell me it would be "scheduled" by the transport company for within a particular date range.

Congrats @HuntingPudel -- you're almost there! Trust me, the car is great for everything but dragstrip or track usage. My car is getting PPF and 4-year ceramic right now for 3 days and I'm really missing it

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
@HuntingPudel that being said though! There's a user on this forum that literally lives in my neighborhood and his delivery times were MUCH shorter than mine
Cause I got mine east of the mountains and just at the start of the chip crunch! You’re well within it.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
My GT-PE arrived in KC yesterday. Guesstimates on how long to get to Richmond, CA?
I need to put this in my sig sometime.

Here's my timeline:
-- built 9/11
-- shipped 9/14
-- arrived KC 9/28 noted in Palsapp
-- left KC to NorCal (Richmond) 9/29
-- stopped at an "intermediate point" outside of KC 10/3-10/11
-- arrived Port of Richmond 10/15
-- took delivery 10/22 (week to get a transporter to dealer from the railyard)

so 3 wks from KC but this could vary by 1-2 weeks depending upon whether there are any delays in train to Richmond and delivery to your dealer. You'll probably have some days for both.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Ford only made the GT available for test driving in a location where the curves and topography make it difficult to exceed 70 mph.

Probably just a coincidence.
It's starting to get old.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Ford only made the GT available for test driving in a location where the curves and topography make it difficult to exceed 70 mph.

Probably just a coincidence.
At least they commented on the not ideal steering, as it certainly isn't good enough for the canyon carving.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I believe most of The Smoking Tire's performance tests are in that canyon.
They are. It’s Angeles Crest. Pretty common for the LA based car journalists to go up there. Jonny Lieberman goes up there a lot too