Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
They look kinda puny
Surely you know this incessant whining every day in every thread about the GT is not comparable to a single thread that's since served its purpose and isn't being regurgitated on the daily.

I'm not that miserable of a person.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rabidsquirrel22

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
Surely you know this incessant whining every day in every thread about the GT is not comparable to a single thread that's since served its purpose and isn't being regurgitated on the daily.

I'm not that miserable of a person.
Your thread was useful. Many people were not aware of the fact that the standard GT had smaller brakes, myself included. His constant complaining in every GT thread is extremely tiresome. Hopefully he’ll just sell the damn car and be out of here soon.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Ford only made the GT available for test driving in a location where the curves and topography make it difficult to exceed 70 mph.
You have a GTPE and you're in Nevada (according to your profile) ... why don't you make a video for us on a long desert road with no corners?

Last edited:

t12g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
My summary of the review:
  • magneride is sweet
  • GTPE seats are nice
  • steering is not good
  • extra power isn't as meaningful in BEVs
Not sure I agree with the last point. That's kinda the BEV parlor trick at the moment.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
  • magneride is sweet
  • GTPE seats are nice
  • steering is not good
Not sure I agree with the last point. That's kinda the BEV parlor trick at the moment.
It needs more than 5 seconds worth for that particular parlor trick and the steering would be great for a bus ? I think the main take away is more them debating over that is it worth upgrade over a premium taking cost into account, this is pretty much the same conclusion on the alex an autos first drive review

I would say that the magneride is very good and really is essential and should really become a standalone option for all trims.

If you don't want a tesla model Y performance it is really is the only other game in this class at present until the true performance BEVs from other manufactures start landing next year so if you can live with the compromised performance (it really does only offer a very brief teaser of what a performance BEV the mach-e could be) then most people will be happy just make sure you get one on x-plan and under no circumstances pay a cent of ADM.

jonnyboy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I think the two people Mac and.... was it scoop? in the Palsapp thread would be a good model to follow. I know they were up around that part of CA as well
Count me in as a fellow NorCal guy . . . my Premium 4X should arrive at Hilltop Ford in Richmond in about a month.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
They really do need to make options for wheels, magneride, seats, etc. When I had ordered my GT I would've definitely upgraded to magneride if it was a separate option, especially since I really wasn't/am not into those GTPE seats.

jennq

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S/3/Y, Mach e GTP, Canoo/Lightning/R1S Resy
Country flag
  • magneride is sweet
  • GTPE seats are nice
  • steering is not good
Agree. I like the sleeper fact that my car looks like a big old sedan until it takes off and does 0-60 in 2.8sec. And then I stop at 60. No need for more tickets at this point in my life!

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
They really do need to make options for wheels, magneride, seats, etc. When I had ordered my GT I would've definitely upgraded to magneride if it was a separate option, especially since I really wasn't/am not into those GTPE seats.
If Ford had any sense at some point they will probably ditch the whole performance edition marketing nonsense as it is clearly lacking in this department and instead offer the magneride / wheels & summer tires etc as separate options on the GT especially as the GTPE seats are not at all sporty and lack the support required to keep you locked in place.

JediGamerCT

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Flex
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Hey all, recently talked my wife into upgrading our Premium AWD order to the GT, was thinking of not getting the PE because I was worried the seats might not be comfortable (I’m 6’2 and 270 pounds).

Any other big guys on here that would help me decide one way or another? This is supposed to be my wife’s car, while I’m getting the Lightning - but just in case that falls through I wanted to make sure her car would be fun for me to drive too since I do most of our driving anyway. I do prefer the wheels and brakes on the GTPE and think I’d probably want the Magneride suspension for the extra 5k. I’m just really unsure about the seats and the 10 less miles of range.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
If Ford had any sense at some point they will probably ditch the whole performance edition marketing nonsense as it is clearly lacking in this department and instead offer the magneride / wheels & summer tires etc as separate options on the GT especially as the GTPE seats are not at all sporty and lack the support required to keep you locked in place.
Are you sliding around in the GTPE seats?

They seem to hold me in place just fine.

“Not at all sporty?” Strongly disagree, then again so do all the reviews.

OP
OP
Rabidsquirrel22

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag

Yeah I’m right there with you. I love these seats. They seem like the perfect amount of bolstering for a SUV type car like this.

Honestly most of these performance-related complaints we keep seeing on here feel wildly overblown after driving the car myself. I’m glad they didn’t scare me off from trying it because I absolutely love it.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag

Seats are really dependent on your body shape so they may be great for you so that is all that matters, but I can do a simple apples to apples with the Recaros in my Focus ST and there is no contest when it comes to support and the Recaros in the ST are not as heavily bolstered as some sports seats, however the GTPE is not a corner carver the steering isn't fast enough or give enough feedback and with the weight it is not like you can push it that hard the magneride however does a very good job at helping to hide that weight so ultimately needing to have such a supportive sport seat isn't a high priority.

Also you really need to check out more reviews

"The seats look suitably corner-friendly.
Don’t be fooled. The winged bolsters by your shoulders look terrific, but the important support around your legs that keeps your backside locked in the seat is lacking. Because this is a family crossover pretending it’s a sports car, not a hooligan that can do the school run. So it needs to be easy to climb into without delivering an impromptu wedgie. Which it is."

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Seats are really dependent on your body shape so they may be great for you so that is all that matters, but I can do a simple apples to apples with the Recaros in my Focus ST and there is no contest when it comes to support and the Recaros in the ST are not as heavily bolstered as some sports seats, however the GTPE is not a corner carver the steering isn't fast enough or give enough feedback and with the weight it is not like you can push it that hard the magneride however does a very good job at helping to hide that weight so ultimately needing to have such a supportive sport seat isn't a high priority.

Also you really need to check out more reviews

"The seats look suitably corner-friendly.
Don’t be fooled. The winged bolsters by your shoulders look terrific, but the important support around your legs that keeps your backside locked in the seat is lacking. Because this is a family crossover pretending it’s a sports car, not a hooligan that can do the school run. So it needs to be easy to climb into without delivering an impromptu wedgie. Which it is."
So I guess it’s not “all the reviews.”

But I’ll ask the question again: Are you sliding around in the seats?

“Not at all sporty” seems like hyperbole.

Of course it’s personal preference, but I find them having plenty of bolster and are definitely sporty. This coming from my last car a Chevy SS, I hands down like these seats better. Sounds like you’re also comparing to your last car. So if these aren’t at all sporty, I can’t imagine what you think of the base model seats.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
So I guess it’s not “all the reviews.”

But I’ll ask the question again: Are you sliding around in the seats?

“Not at all sporty” seems like hyperbole.

Of course it’s personal preference, but I find them having plenty of bolster and are definitely sporty. This coming from my last car a Chevy SS, I hands down like these seats better. Sounds like you’re also comparing to your last car. So if these aren’t at all sporty, I can’t imagine what you think of the base model seats.
The miko inserts mean you are not going to be sliding around like you will on the fake leather but even still with these seats I still move around in them far too much when I pushed it down my local canyon roads as the seat simply lacks the required support in key places (there is no real bucket to these seats)

Does that mean the GTPE seats are bad seats, no as they are very comfortable seats and as one run down the local canyon roads was enough to see that the GTPE did not get sprinkled with Ford Performance driving dynamics magic :( it really isn't much of an issue as they work perfectly fine for commuting and grocery getting duties that my GTPE will be spending 99.9% of its time doing neither of which requires corner carving.

If the seats work great for you keeping you pinned in then ?, the GTPE will be attracting people that have experience with a wide range of performance vehicles and as well as those that don't so for some it will be a revelation and for others it will unfortunately be a serious case of WTF I thought this was supposed to be be a performance vehicle disappointment

This forum should hopefully enable people sitting on the fence to browse through all the comments and owner experiences and allow them to make an educated choice depending on which camp they may end up in, none of that however will make a blind bit of difference to your own enjoyment of your GTPE.
Sponsored