121gigawatts

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Not Soon Enough
Country flag
Here I was, hoping they straight piped the MME. Slightly disappointed honestly.

Great review, great energy, and some amazing shots of the car. Love seeing reviews with more than one person, their interactions and conversation flows a lot better than some solo reviewers.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
An interesting nugget was in this review. They said that they were told by Ford that a future update will add the ability to see the charging rate in the car or in the app. I don't think we've ever seen confirmation from Ford on that before.

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
Everyone gets the AWD, never the RWD.

It would be nice to see if it drives the same way in the corners, particularly in the rain, and how the stability / traction control affects it. Tesla RWD's seem to do fine in bad conditions so I assume the Ford is similar but I also assume it's hard to get all of that weight moving in some conditions.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
“The most fun electric car to drive outside of the Taycan.” That’s saying something.

t12g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
"Overall my biggest criticism wasn't necessarily with the car. It's actually the infrastructure, specifically in Ontario."

I share the same concern as well (not in Ontario; just charging infrastructure in general).

Last edited:

exact33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Fusion
Country flag
"Overall my biggest criticism wasn't necessarily with the car. It's actually the infrastructure, specifically in Ontario."

I share the same concern as well (not in Ontario; just charging infrastructure in general).
I would agree to an extent but I have found charging at home seems to cover ~95% of my needs.

I read an interesting article about charging infrastructure that maybe a better solution instead of chargers along different roads is subsidizing installation of chargers at places of employment.

nfoxtrot

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.foskettefotography.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition
Occupation
Satellite Engineer
Country flag
At 12:45 the guy on the left says "but what if I want to charge at home?" and I was like YES FINALLY SOMEONE SAID IT. Are the people concerned about the charging infrastructure living in places where you don't/can't have a charger? I've only used a public station to how it is and I don't road trip that often so range anxiety is basically nonexistent for me, I feel like most of America is in the same boat am I wrong?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
At 12:45 the guy on the left says "but what if I want to charge at home?" and I was like YES FINALLY SOMEONE SAID IT. Are the people concerned about the charging infrastructure living in places where you don't/can't have a charger? I've only used a public station to how it is and I don't road trip that often so range anxiety is basically nonexistent for me, I feel like most of America is in the same boat am I wrong?
The counterpoint is all those that live in apartments or other situations where putting in a charger isn't really an option. My 29 year old daughter just totalled her car 2 weeks ago, and my wife suggested she look into a bolt since they are so deeply discounted right now. My daughter lives at home, but running a 240 line to the street where she parks (2 car driveway used by the Mrs and I) would be a major PITA and expense. On top of that, if she moved out she could only afford a cheap apartment so no chance of getting charging then. She could find a way to make it work with DCFC charging, but it simply isn't practical at this time - which is a real shame.

nfoxtrot

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.foskettefotography.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition
Occupation
Satellite Engineer
Country flag
That makes sense, man these companies really messed up by not standardizing the charging infrastructure especially when it comes to the defining a Level 2 and 3 charger. How did Tesla make so many chargers in so little time?

t12g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
How did Tesla make so many chargers in so little time?
It took Tesla roughly 9 years to build it out. Some may say that they're still not building them fast enough. You can see lines at popular supercharger stations, and the lines typically get worse during peak travel season (Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc).

JH315

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Producer
Country flag
This is is exhausting. Half of the video seems to be about him trying to park at a charger.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I read an interesting article about charging infrastructure that maybe a better solution instead of chargers along different roads is subsidizing installation of chargers at places of employment.
That's already being done in lots of places. But that doesn't actually solve the problem who wish to travel between Baltimore and Chicago.

exact33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Fusion
Country flag
That's already being done in lots of places. But that doesn't actually solve the problem who wish to travel between Baltimore and Chicago.
Agreed but most of the press is about trips infrastructure when I think adoption would increase if local availability was better.
Sponsored