Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Claire Ford, Bill's ancestor, would had loved driving the electric Mach-E as she drove a Detroit ELectric and NEVER liked her husband's gassers.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
RIP to the BEST Bond
He did drive a Mach 1 in "Diamonds are Forever" which has a major blooper. During a night chase in Las Vegas, Bond drives the Mach 1 onto a ramp and turns it sidewards toward the right wheels to drive into a narrow walkway. But the Mach 1 exits the walkway on its left wheels! In the theater, most of the audience saw this, including myself, and we screamed over that. The film as seen in the DVD added a scene where Bond seems to flip the car to the other side, but we who have seen the original movie know that it was done by a photographic special effect.

Here is the blooper!

Last edited:
OP
OP
KAustin

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
He did drive a Mach 1 in "Diamonds are Forever" which has a major blooper. During a night chase in Las Vegas, Bond drives the Mach 1 onto a ramp and turns it sidewards toward the right wheels to drive into a narrow walkway. But the Mach 1 exits the walkway on its left wheels! In the theater, most of the audience saw this, including myself, and we screamed over that. The film as seen in the DVD added a scene where Bond seems to flip the car to the other side, but we who have seen the original movie know that it was done by a photographic special effect.

Here is the blooper!
That's funny!

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I had commented on another thread that I suspect it was a month or more ago. He references "launching" the Mach-E at the "end of the year" in one point. I'd consider Oct/Nov/Dec end of year for most folks. We also know that the green light was already given for mass production.

I don't think we'll see that many Mach-E deliveries in 2020 though, really only those early builds for CA in my opinion.
Hey man....I’m hoping the 6 DEC build week for my premium makes it to VA by the end of the year. I need your positive thoughts. ?

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Hey man....I’m hoping the 6 DEC build week for my premium makes it to VA by the end of the year. I need your positive thoughts. ?
Time will tell - I'm still peeved I'm a week behind you NoVA people (build week of 12-13-20, understanding too that many don't even have build weeks). I think the lack of EV interest in my area is the blame, mostly.

I do keep a small glimmer of hope that things will go more rapidly than I'd ever imagine possible, but mostly trying to "keep it real" with my expectations.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Time will tell - I'm still peeved I'm a week behind you NoVA people (build week of 12-13-20, understanding too that many don't even have build weeks). I think the lack of EV interest in my area is the blame, mostly.

I do keep a small glimmer of hope that things will go more rapidly than I'd ever imagine possible, but mostly trying to "keep it real" with my expectations.
Ya there are tons of Teslas around here in the DC area. On my street alone there are 4 of them. I’m surrounded by them. The interest in EVs in this area must be part of the reason for the earlier build date than your part of VA.
Sponsored