sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
The ability to start the car in my closed garage has to be in the top 5 of my favorite things about owning an EV.
Agreed. I am loving that. And I'm loving the Mach-E in winter. It's been great (aside from me missing the Sync 1.7.1 update still.... grrr)
Sponsored

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The ability to start the car in my closed garage has to be in the top 5 of my favorite things about owning an EV.
It would be impossible to die by asphyxiation from the exhaust of a BEV running in a garage. ?

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When it’s super cold out side. All the e heat is going to the battery pack. Lol. I love seeing posts and videos about no heat in cold cold cold places ? ?‍♂Ford needs to have a option like block heater but second e heat for cold a$$ area. One for battery one for cabin ?‍♂
Seat heaters for the win!

Larva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT PE
Country flag
I would like to also add in that this is the best winter driving car I have ever owned. I've owned several other all wheel drive/4-wheel drive vehicles with snow tires on and this is by far the best.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I drive about 100 miles daily too. Today it was 17 degrees here. My garage is heated, but I have the car warm up daily for my commute beyond the 50 degrees I keep the garage at. I keep the temp in the car at 68, and by the time I drive a few miles, I have to turn off the heated steering wheel and seat because I am TOO warm.

I have really never had a problem keeping warm in the car in Ohio winters. I have 26,000 miles on it now. The ONLY bad thing I can say about the cold is that when it snows, the front of the car is like a snow magnet and it freaks out the radar sensor and the ACC once the snow is caked on there. No radiator to melt the snow.

Mach-e4x

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e 4x, 2016 Mazda CX5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
-17F ya screw that. For their sake I hope he can make it work, but you couldn’t pay me enough to live somewhere like that. I think we hit those temps here once in the last 10 years (last Feb during the cold apocalypse).

-17 sucks. A diesel car would need an engine block heater in those temps. In fact, I remember renting some tiny little compact Hyundai in Michigan one winter, and the dang thing didn’t blow warm air the entire 40 mile drive to my hotel from the airport. It was just too cold. It generated a temperature delta, but at -17F you can’t expect anyreasonable heater to generate a temp delta of over 100F, which is what you need to feel “warm” air.

It does sound like Ford needs to “fix” the issue with recirc tho. If you can’t recirculate the air it will never warm up significantly in those temps.
The car should not be in recirculate when trying to defrost and keep warm.

Mach-e4x

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e 4x, 2016 Mazda CX5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It appears that not all Mach E's are made equal...
I think you should precondition the car before you leave. I lot of the energy is being used to keep the batteries warm.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I drive about 100 miles daily too. Today it was 17 degrees here. My garage is heated, but I have the car warm up daily for my commute beyond the 50 degrees I keep the garage at. I keep the temp in the car at 68, and by the time I drive a few miles, I have to turn off the heated steering wheel and seat because I am TOO warm.

I have really never had a problem keeping warm in the car in Ohio winters. I have 26,000 miles on it now. The ONLY bad thing I can say about the cold is that when it snows, the front of the car is like a snow magnet and it freaks out the radar sensor and the ACC once the snow is caked on there. No radiator to melt the snow.
Yes, I experienced that also, had to brush off the snow in that area. I also have seen that the snow packs the wheel wells thoroughly. I use a broom to clear it out some before putting it in the garage, or there is a lot of slush and water in the garage as it melts. Most of my snow driving in the past has been in a truck or SUV, which have huge wheel wells. My Subaru Outback had larger wheel wells also, they did not get as packed up as the MME.
Sponsored