Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on my Mustang Mach E Select AWD on order
Occupation
IT
Country flag
When my MME arrives in the next week or two. It will be the first car I think can make it 10 years or more with me. I drive too much. I put 12k to 15k miles a year on a car. One year pre-pandemic I drove about 18k miles. Chevy cars have never seem to be able to keep up with me, after almost 20 years a Chevy guy, I'm done with them. Last two cars have leaked oil, radiator fluid and had so many issues. It's crazy. EVs are supposed to last 300,000 to 500,000 miles. I hope so.
2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid. 10 years an 95,000 miles and oil changes, a set of tires and a starting battery.
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
When my MME arrives in the next week or two. It will be the first car I think can make it 10 years or more with me. I drive too much. I put 12k to 15k miles a year on a car. One year pre-pandemic I drove about 18k miles. Chevy cars have never seem to be able to keep up with me, after almost 20 years a Chevy guy, I'm done with them. Last two cars have leaked oil, radiator fluid and had so many issues. It's crazy. EVs are supposed to last 300,000 to 500,000 miles. I hope so.
300-500k? It’s been done.

But I wouldn’t expect that many miles to be a “normal” life expectancy.

If it was normal, I doubt they’d write a news article about you:
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...mark-here-s-what-you-need-to-know-194534.html

adamtbest

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on my Mustang Mach E Select AWD on order
Occupation
IT
Country flag

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Greatest of all time? No, but still pretty darn good. The seats are fair to middling at best, top speed is severely lacking, the suspension is made of either flint or used teabags depending on the setting, steering is twitchy, acceleration at speed sucks, software is buggy and unrefined, some of the plastics are awful.

But, it looks great, is a lot of fun to hoon around in at near-legal speeds, it pushes EVs waaaaaaaay into the mainstream, it has good range, it's decently priced, and it's capable of plastering a grin on your face.

Not sure I'd rank it as "Great", but it's definitely better then "Good." I like driving it better than I did my Tesla 3p, even though the Tesla was, in every objective category, a much "better" car.

Bikespace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium ER 4x
Country flag
Lets just say that I regret my username
If GM wants me to buy another car from them, they'll need to badge their EVs as Pontiacs. No one is excited about a Blazer, but a GTO-E (Goatee?) would sell.

The "greatest car ever (TM)" has three pedals. I really like my Mach-E, though, for what it is and does.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
@Mach1E I hope that all the Mach E last a lot longer than that. Maybe I should have said have an average life expectancy of 300-500k. I read the information at sources like this:
https://enginepatrol.com/how-long-ford-mustang-mach-e-last/#:~:text=Resources-,Here is the short answer to how long the Ford,battery cells will require replacement.
I think it’s wishful thinking.

Kinda like how LED lights last 35 years***

***in controlled lab experiments.

BEVs are much more than just the battery pack. Just like a gas powered car is much more than an engine.

I’ve been in 200k-300k mile gas cars. Sure the engine still ran…….. but the rest of the car was a piece of crap you wouldn’t want to daily drive.

Sali

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CA RT1
Country flag
I hope that you are right, too. About the last part, “ EVs are supposed to last 300,000 to 500,000 miles.”

junb1

First Name
Eufemio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, Volvo XC90
Country flag
I am in love with my Mach E! I don't need to win Daytona on the streets, but rather need a car with a set of golf clubs in the trunk and a car seat in the back. It think it is the perfect wife approved midlife crisis car. Coming from a Volvo XC 90 dad mobile, the Mach E is fricking amazing. Outside of maybe a Rivian R1S, there really is not any other car I would want.

BayAreaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD SR - Ordered 10/3
Country flag
I'm sorry but I think that my Mach E is the Greatest vechicle ever created throughout human history...am I wrong?? The G.O.A.T. 🔥🔥🔥

20220519_164215.jpg
I love my Mach-E and it's without question an amazing car. The primary purpose of this car for me is a 50 mile round trip commute, and there is likely no better car on the market for my needs right now. But if you asked me to pick the GOAT in my own car ownership history, I put my old R32 Golf and my A6 3.0 with sports suspension as more engaging to drive and more exciting. They're both cars I wished I had the garage space to have kept forever.

Kachook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD, 2016 Honda Odyssey
Country flag
This is an interesting question and, of course, the answer is subjective. I lucked into this vehicle in July 2021 and have been very happy with it. Is it perfect? No. The suspension for crappy Houston roads is not good. I looked into potentially upgrading to the GTPE, but nothing was available without a dealer markup and I was not desperate. For my purposes, as a mid 40 year-old with two young kids, the 0-60 is fine in my LR AWD premium. I do not need the top speed to go higher than 110 miles an hour because I don’t know if I’ve even gone faster than 100 in the vehicle. People comment at the software is buggy but if you review forums for other electric vehicles, it is a common complaint. Frankly, I consider the electric vehicles all to be computer-heavy and my personal and work computers crash from time to time. So, I do not think it is a realistic expectation for there not to be some bugs in vehicles which are so technologically intensive.

That said, my wife’s BMW iX is fantastic to drive. Ignoring the sticker price and the lack of some options that are on my MME, it is faster, has longer range and is quieter. The MME is making me have second thoughts as to whether I want to trade it in for a Rivian R1S that I’m hoping to get at the end of next year. However, I like bigger vehicles.

Ultimately, I really enjoy driving my MME. I don’t know enough about cars to title it the greatest of all time. Clearly, Michael Jordan was the greatest of all time and I got to see him play - never saw Wilt or Russell or O. There have been hundreds of cars that I have never driven or probably don’t know that they exist.

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
The MME is ok, but not in the same planetary system as the GT MK II. I got a ride in this bad boy on track. It's neither street, nor race legal.

-gt_mk_ii_13cc9891f5d2b06c0015c34e4b6c07a4d25544fa.jpg
Sponsored