This forum is giving me cold feet…

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
The only thing that gives me “ cold feet “ is a previous bad experience buying a first year model! This time around we were fortunate to have had an unlimited test drive with the MME! I know there are some high tech quirks but overall the car feels Rock Solid to me!!
Sponsored

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
This simply isn't true and I really doubt you remember a lot about what was on TV 50 years ago, it's far more likely what you remember is right wing mass media over the last ten years or so lying about was on TV 50 years ago.

https://journals.ametsoc.org/view/journals/bams/89/9/2008bams2370_1.xml
In fact, it is true. I remember the new ice age panic well, and it was quite heavily promoted at the time. Later there were "killer" bees, and global warming. After that came anthropogenic climate "change", more recently it's been the coronavirus epidemic. Soon it'll be time for some other damned thing. Of course, cooler heads understand that these scares are mainly media-driven, and (as your research link indicates) not any kind of real consensus among all scientists, and they generally fizzle out over time.

Meanwhile, I think we can all agree that what's eventually going to destroy life on earth is SkyNet and the terminators.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Same here :) 23-year old Ford Contour. Will be quite an adjustment when my Mach E arrives
Mine's a Lexus LS400. I still love that car. I expect to enjoy the Mustang, but I won't count on another 23 years. :)

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I’ve been looking forward to getting my GTPE for a long time now (I placed my reservation back in November 2019 during the announcement press event), and I have a build week of 7/11. This will be my first non-ICE car, and to be honest the posts which are floating to the top of this forum cause a bit of concern in my mind. Im not really worried about range anxiety or other things like that, but really about the software that is so core to the workings of this, or any other BEV.

I’ve been a professional software engineer in both an individual contributor and leadership role for over 20 years, so I understand how hard large, integrated software development challenges can be. I get it. That said, I’m highly concerned about seeing how recent software updates are leaving people with cars which are worse off than before the update, or the update outright bricks their car. These sorts of issues just shouldn’t be happening. When perusing other forums for recent EVs (eg. taycan forums), I see complaints which are more one-offs as opposed to singular issues which hit a wide swath of owners, like we see on the MME. Again, the fact that we are seeing such a few number of issues causing so much disruption is a concern about how software is developed/deployed with this vehicle.

I had hoped that the delay to get a GT would also get some of these teething issues out of the way, but it seems like we’re in the thick of that right now. I am still really excited to get this car and want it to be great, but man… Ford needs to improve their testing and deployment.

Anybody have any words of encouragement?
I picked up my MME AWD ER in April. It now has 5000 miles on the odometer and has been on 3 road trips. I would say there is no such thing as a perfect product on no such thing a a flawless experience, however I have enjoyed my Mach E and am glad that I own it. With ford releasing the EPA ratings today i think they exceeded expectations the MME performance has the same EPA range as the premium er awd. If you want a car that’s good and will only get better then get the GT.

Last edited:

mrjlhayes

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonite Gray Premium Extended Battery AWD Mach-E
Country flag
It'll be interesting to see if those same kinds of people rewrite history to show that the 'global warming' was a myth as well 50 years from now when we're still OK.

If you were alive in the 70's, we were constantly bombarded with the ice age scare by the mass media back then... which was like 3-4 top channels on TV.

You can call it a myth if you wish, but the same media had the 'experts' on talking about the ice age... just exactly like you have CNN/MSNBC and others claiming we have global warming to worry about. And I'm not denying that the climate is changing, as it has since the Earth was formed.
I was alive in the 70s and this simply isn’t true. There were a few articles about global cooling published in a handful of non-science outlets. In no way was there anything approaching a constant bombardment, especially on television networks. (BTW - Even today and even with the outlets you cite, news outlets devote very little of their programming to the issue of climate change, even during things like the Presidential debates.)

Last edited:

DepletedSoul

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Premium RWD
Occupation
I sell stuff
Country flag
I was alive in the 70s and this simply isn’t true. There was a few articles about global cooling published in a handful of non-science outlets. In no way was there anything approaching a constant bombardment, especially on television networks. (BTW - Even today and even with the outlets you cite, news outlets devote very little of there programming to the issue of climate change, even during things like the Presidential debates.)
I agree with you 100% but wanted to add some additional context to your argument. The mass death of Native Americans through contact with foreign diseases or other interactions with settlers left so much abandoned native agricultural land to be reclaimed by nature that it drew enough carbon dioxide from the atmosphere to cause the Little Ice Age, which was a period of global cooling. This is what was referred to on TV during the 70s as the impact was felt well into the 60s.

I don’t see how we can call this media hype as it was a real climate event created by human activity. Just as now we are in another cycle of climate change which is also driven by human activity. We do have the technology to impact the climate on a planetary scale and this technology may be used to impact the climate in any direction. This is no different than our ability to dirty the water in a lake and then later bring it to acceptable standards. But to say the lake once had good water quality and now it’s reported as bad water quality some how makes the initial report false…. Well I don’t get how that dog hunts but it seems to be the disjointed logic used today to avoid relalities that require a change of human behavior.

It seems an odd argument to relate news stories about a relevant climate pattern from over 50 years ago as a basis for not believing in new data or findings. At this point climate change is unavoidable in the average person’s daily experience. I always thought one of the best qualities of human intelligence was our ability to take in new data and rationalize new findings. When data and facts change people’s understanding and their actions should also change. I can’t think of anything more adult or fundamental.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
And now, back to the thread.

Your patience is amazing, understanding reservation placed back in Nov 2019. If it were me, I would stay the course. When its ready, your dealer should let you take it for a 24 hour trial, before you sign. Cheers.

TundraEV

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
I was able to take a test drive with a demo model before mine arrived. Salesman rode along to guide me through differences to ICE cars. We were out for almost a half hour tooling around on various roads and highways and that reinforced I made the right choice.

Now having been driving my own car for two weeks, my wife is beginning to roll her eyes every night when I inform her it is “dad time” for a late night drive. I put the kids to sleep, get the kitchen cleaned up, and get backpacks ready for summer camp in the morning.

That way my partner in crime can’t complain I am spending my nights with a car rather than binge watching mindless TV dramas with her ?

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Is this true for all dealers?
I can't speak for all dealers, but my dealer allowed it. Simply ask nicely and let us all know what your dealer says. Thanks.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It'll be interesting to see if those same kinds of people rewrite history to show that the 'global warming' was a myth as well 50 years from now when we're still OK.

If you were alive in the 70's, we were constantly bombarded with the ice age scare by the mass media back then... which was like 3-4 top channels on TV.

You can call it a myth if you wish, but the same media had the 'experts' on talking about the ice age... just exactly like you have CNN/MSNBC and others claiming we have global warming to worry about. And I'm not denying that the climate is changing, as it has since the Earth was formed.
I was around in the 70's and nope no ice age scared up north here of any memorable consequences? Gas shortage I remember chance to jack up gas prices and taxes (never went down?). They lowered speed limits also which never went back up due to ticket revenue. Roads got better and better but speed limit never went up.

So you think that the black particle haze that sits over your city is good and has no impact day after day as it drifts away? That we can just keep doing it and laugh about it 50 years down the road? Possibly you are walking outside downtown too much and the CO2 is getting to you? Or do you have to spend most of your time in A/C now? Smoking kills we understand. It is possible the governments will think like you and people will have a chance to laugh 50 years down the road? Your grandkids maybe?

No TV required as we can see a change here over the years. A memory helps and not believing all you hear from others does not hurt either. It would be nice if we could just stop burning it for only our lazy amusement and start using it for only productive economy; just think how much that would save. Not going to happen in my life. Democracy is run by morons that do not know if we should wear a mask or not to try to stop a killer virus. Such an impact to our freedoms especially for the antimaskuline. No educational requirements to be a moron I guess.

All should look at Norway's 0% tax BEV 100% tax ICE for a couple of years. Not even that drastic helps. Our country is run by a recently re-elected moron that lies in Paris. Maybe we will be laughing if the permafrost melts along with him?
Sponsored