Todd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EV6 GT
Country flag
No, you only implied that mentioning a bunch of comparatively minor sources of emission in comparison to running a personal gas generator. And even now you're trying to pretend as if there's an actual debate or doubt on this topic, instead of the overwhelming consensus of climatologists on one side and you, some guy with a Bachelor's in tangentially related fields, on the other.

But specifically: Energy doesn't "require" coal which is currently a whopping 10 percent of the US energy mix. Obviously the mix needs to eliminate that as well gas/petro and move to renewables. Even so, EVs are way more efficient than hauling a personal generator.

And this: is just completely insane drivel. I can say this, definitively and objectively, because I have a Bachelor's in politics.
I'll take my work in the physics field over any of the climatologists in the field of physics.

Yes, maybe a poor choice of words in 'requires', but hopefully you can understand that not all energy consumed in the country is clean; even solar power is 'dirty' if you take into consideration ALL sources of pollution including production, degradation, waste heat (a big one), and eventual disposal.

And coal consumption is around 14%, not 10%... but I see you rounded down to support your 'argument'.

Yes, anything you don't agree with, you probably label as insane drivel. The whole 'personal generator' thing is a dead giveaway.

Anyhow, it's clear you will simply attack anybody that challenges that EVs are not clean... not going to play that game.

You may want to remember that for about 5-8 years in the 70s, your so called 'climatologists' were all telling us we'd be freezing to death by this time in an 'ice age'.

Good day, I'm done.
Sponsored

Todd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EV6 GT
Country flag
This is clearly an attempt at equivalence:

and this is a decades old crackpot theory:

I don't know if you meant it the way it came across, but neither assertion is credible
You don't get to say 'attempt' at something to equal a 'lie'... that in itself could be construed as a lie or at the very least, a logical fallacy.

As for the crackpot theory, I'm not versed on it at all, nor do I think it would make any difference in the near term, but I saw an article on it this year and found it interesting... I think it could have implications for how we view 'fossil' fuels in the future.

Please note I didn't say it was fact; I merely pointed out that there is new evidence (that may be shown to be false)... I wasn't pushing anything as fact.

But again, it seems if you don't toe the line here in this forum that EVs == clean, then one is attacked here.

my2ndstang

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Extended AWD Mach E
Country flag
Do you guys connect your car to your home wifi? I haven't done that yet, in fear of some random OTA update screwing up my car. Aside from the OTA updates, is there any other benefit of connecting it?

stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag
I'll take my work in the physics field over any of the climatologists in the field of physics.

Yes, maybe a poor choice of words in 'requires', but hopefully you can understand that not all energy consumed in the country is clean; even solar power is 'dirty' if you take into consideration ALL sources of pollution including production, degradation, waste heat (a big one), and eventual disposal.

And coal consumption is around 14%, not 10%... but I see you rounded down to support your 'argument'.

Yes, anything you don't agree with, you probably label as insane drivel. The whole 'personal generator' thing is a dead giveaway.

Anyhow, it's clear you will simply attack anybody that challenges that EVs are not clean... not going to play that game.

You may want to remember that for about 5-8 years in the 70s, your so called 'climatologists' were all telling us we'd be freezing to death by this time in an 'ice age'.

Good day, I'm done.
Lmao dude yeah I rounded down the huge figure of 14% to 10% instead of, you know, finding a slightly different estimate than you did. Guess they never taught statistical variance at the Aramco Institute of Electrical Engineering. https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/us-energy-facts/

Guess what, that ice age thing: another lie! Dig up that photoshopped Time cover if you want, it never actually happened.

But yeah you know how a battery works so that makes you vastly more intelligent than all the actual experts in this field, congrats.

Last edited:

Todd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EV6 GT
Country flag
Lmao dude yeah I rounded down the huge figure of 14% to 10% instead of, you know, finding a slightly different estimate than you did. Guess they never taught statistical variance at the Aramco Institute of Electrical Engineering.

Guess what, that ice age thing: another lie! Dig up that photoshopped Time cover if you want, it never actually happened.

But yeah you know how a battery works so that makes you vastly more intelligent than all the actual experts in this field, congrats.
You seem to be a very angry person based on these attacks. If you bothered to do a little research, you'd find tons of old articles where climatologists were 'proving' the coming ice age. I wasn't even referring to Time magazine as I would NEVER use them for a source of anything. I didn't even realize they had an article on the coming ice age back then.

Speaking about batteries, I never claimed I was more intelligent than 'actual experts' in the field... can you point me to where I said that?

And those same experts will tell you that creating batteries is a source of pollution, that serious degradation of batteries does occur with each charging cycle (at least with today batteries that are used in EVs), that there is inefficiencies with the discharge and charging of the batteries, and that they are a huge source of concern what to do with them when they are near depleted and no longer useful in an EV... as most of the battery can not be recycled effectively.

In other words, they are definitely not 'clean' if you look at every source of pollution, including waste heat, from production to end-of-life.

Last edited:

stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag

Todd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EV6 GT
Country flag
It'll be interesting to see if those same kinds of people rewrite history to show that the 'global warming' was a myth as well 50 years from now when we're still OK.

If you were alive in the 70's, we were constantly bombarded with the ice age scare by the mass media back then... which was like 3-4 top channels on TV.

You can call it a myth if you wish, but the same media had the 'experts' on talking about the ice age... just exactly like you have CNN/MSNBC and others claiming we have global warming to worry about. And I'm not denying that the climate is changing, as it has since the Earth was formed.

stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag
I thought you were done but you just can’t stop posting.

stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag
I haven’t attacked you, only your thoughts and feelings on this subject. Which, to be clear, are very stupid.

But anyways, the Mach E right? I’m actually done now. Sorry everyone else for the digression.

Todd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EV6 GT
Country flag
I haven’t attacked you, only your thoughts and feelings on this subject. Which, to be clear, are very stupid.
You diverted the original discussion from the fact that EVs aren't clean to somehow including climatologist into the discussion which have nothing to do with the fact that EVs, from production to end-of-life, are not clean vehicles.

Through your personal attacks (such as Aramco Institute of Electrical Engineering snipe, among others) regarding my education, i.e. a logical fallacy of attacking the messenger, is the way you deal with facts that you clearly don't like.

Anyhow, for the sake of others here, I am getting out of the conversation with you, because it's clear you have already decided how things are - and you certainly won't be learning anything from others... or even attempting to do so.

Bye.

MarkP213

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium, Infinite Blue
Country flag
Do you guys connect your car to your home wifi? I haven't done that yet, in fear of some random OTA update screwing up my car. Aside from the OTA updates, is there any other benefit of connecting it?
I keep mine connected all the time. But I get where you’re coming from, and I believe you can turn off the updates setting? At least I thought I’ve seen that setting.

Other than that, maybe having it connected to WiFi also allows constant communication to Ford Pass. Not sure what else.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I have it connected to wifi. The signal isn't strong in the garage but it's enough to get the OTA's so far. You can also turn off automatic updates. In that event, every update by Ford should trigger a notification to you in the car that there is an update available. The OTA system is also designed so that it should not brick a car. The updates will be installed in parallel to the existing software to prevent such problems. There will likely still be a handful of problems though, especially initially.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag