Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Car has really only been out for 6-7 months. This is the first year. There will be some teething going on. Every now and then some owners will be affected more than others. Tesla is constantly pushing updates to make minor and major bug fixes.
I've had my MME since the middle of February and can honestly say that I've never enjoyed driving a car more, and I'm 71. I have not experienced any real problems to date. Car is going into Ford in two weeks to do the PAAK update. Reading forums are extremely educational but are filled with the pitfalls of listening to every little problem people are experiencing. I'm sure that there are many more owners like me who are not having issues.
Sponsored

Ken Josing

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Great! I got my MME on 2/19/21, have 4,121 miles on it. It does everything it is supposed to do and more. My first new vehicle in 19 years, well worth the wait for the right BEV.

All in all, incredibly pleased with the MME as it exceeds our expectations. Yes, a couple of things could be better, but nothing is perfect. Wherever we go often people come to look, and we get thumbs up continually. That has never happened before in my lifetime with a production vehicle.

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
Have had ours for two months with no problems and no complaints.....well.. it could have been free....Absolutely love the car. This is our third EV after a Bolt and a Leaf.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I own 2 MME’s. If you add them both up I have a total of 9 months of ownership and 8000 miles driven. Neither of my cars has experienced a single issue except PAAK, which I don’t rely on anyway. So my entire issue list consists of:

I carry a key fob to drive my car.
In 30 years, I’ve never NOT carried a key for a car. So a fob is just fine with me.

Like everyone else has said, those of us with no problems don’t make posts saying we are having no problems. But rest assured, we are the majority. If we did make such posts this forum would be 9 times bigger than it is and the “trouble free” section would be the most ignored section on the forum. Even I wouldn’t read that part.

exact33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Fusion
Country flag
I got my car back in March and it has some quirks but overall nothing that would make me change my mind about getting another one.

I did go into this knowing it was the first model year. I have been very pleased so far.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Even with the small issues I’ve had with this car, it is an absolute dream for me. I love my Mach e—it’s the best car I’ve ever owned.

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag
This is certainly a fair statement, and been on my mind. I’ve bought a few model year cars in the past without hesitation and taken up new technology without concern in the past.

I think my concern really is the ICE->BEV transition where cars are dominated even more by software than they were in the past, where there was something more mechanical in place.

Arguably my problem is that I’m reading forums :)
I've been reading, taking my time learning the car and BEV from others, generally. I've had my MME for a month and just tried 1PD for the first time this weekend. Despite the PAAK bugs the car is a great ride, and even a short trip to the touchless car wash is fun- not a chore.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Remember also, at this early stage you're getting up to $7,500 in federal taxes returned to you. That's one heckofan inducement to not wait til Ford passes the 200,000 unit mark.
Selling prices have a tendency to drop by nearly $7,500 during and very shortly after the federal tax credit phase-out period. Look at the price history of the Chevy Bolt, for a good example. Tesla was similar, as I recall. It's almost as if market forces are at work!

So I wouldn't recommend a hasty purchase just to try to cash in on a larger portion of the fed tax credit. Besides, those maniacs in D.C. are spending taxpayer money by the trillions these days - I wouldn't be surprised to see the tax credit extended or even increased.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
There are plenty of bugs, to be sure, and don’t believe anyone who says there aren’t. BUT, consider two things:

1. The bugs while somewhat frustrating haven’t stopped me from enjoying my car. By and large we’re talking nuisance stuff. Settings not saving. FordPass being lousy. Etc. Cars aren’t bricking left and right. That’s incredibly rare.

2. If you’ve got a July build date, you won’t get your car until late this fall at the earliest. And my guess is most of the current bugs will be resolved by then. There’s a pretty good chance you won’t even have a buzzy driver screen!

So I’d stick with it. And thank us beta testers for helping iron out a few kinks for you.

Reactions: ARK

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I've had mine since February and drive it a lot more than I did my previous cars because it is so much fun to drive. I am guilty of posting about every problem I've had - mainly looking for solutions. However, I'd had no major issues.

bswilson989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Orange GT
Country flag
Have you owned a Ford before? They are just *awful* software designers. It sounds like they are starting to realize that, and to prioritize software moving forward, but they haven't made any (public) moves to do that yet so keep your expectations low and you'll be fine ;).

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
I’ve had the 12v issue, my roof is quite loud due to misalignment, sometimes the hatch opens with a kick (often not) sometimes I have to open another door so that the drives door will open, my iPhone connects often so I can make calls (sometimes not), PAAK rarely works (but I have 2 fobs). It’s my 3rd EV and the least reliable.

That said, it’s my first EV that isn’t ugly. I can overlook a lot for an EV that looks good and will give me over 250 miles of range. All in, I’d still get the MMe, but I wish I’d waited and bought a 22 GT (versus the FE).

FCCinAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache
Country flag
I’ve had my premium extended range RWD since February and have had no problems. I liked it so much, that I placed an order for the GTPE in March so no build date for me yet. If you want to give up your reservation, I’d gladly take it off your hands. I think the activity on this forum is a reflection of the anticipation and passion for this vehicle. Most of us don’t start threads about another fun drive with no problems.

Franchise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Outlander GT PHEV, 2021 e-tron premium plus
Country flag
I’ve been looking forward to getting my GTPE for a long time now (I placed my reservation back in November 2019 during the announcement press event), and I have a build week of 7/11. This will be my first non-ICE car, and to be honest the posts which are floating to the top of this forum cause a bit of concern in my mind. Im not really worried about range anxiety or other things like that, but really about the software that is so core to the workings of this, or any other BEV.

I’ve been a professional software engineer in both an individual contributor and leadership role for over 20 years, so I understand how hard large, integrated software development challenges can be. I get it. That said, I’m highly concerned about seeing how recent software updates are leaving people with cars which are worse off than before the update, or the update outright bricks their car. These sorts of issues just shouldn’t be happening. When perusing other forums for recent EVs (eg. taycan forums), I see complaints which are more one-offs as opposed to singular issues which hit a wide swath of owners, like we see on the MME. Again, the fact that we are seeing such a few number of issues causing so much disruption is a concern about how software is developed/deployed with this vehicle.

I had hoped that the delay to get a GT would also get some of these teething issues out of the way, but it seems like we’re in the thick of that right now. I am still really excited to get this car and want it to be great, but man… Ford needs to improve their testing and deployment.

Anybody have any words of encouragement?
I fully understand. While I’ve had 3 PHEV and a hydrogen Tucson, I finally decided on an etron premium plus instead of the GT (it would have been a PE) I’ve had reserved since November 2019 and recently cancelled. Granted, 70% of the decision was based on insane discount, 30% was based on the problems ive seen in this forum and flashbacks to a z3 first year owner (had one of the first 100 to come off the line).

Not everyone will agree with my decision (I’m still it sure I do) but it’s done - 42 month Lease.

I’ll get that GTPE (cause damn, the GTPE images look awesome) but it will be in a couple of years and once the first year gremlins are worked out.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I fully understand. While I’ve had 3 PHEV and a hydrogen Tucson, I finally decided on an etron premium plus instead of the GT (it would have been a PE) I’ve had reserved since November 2019 and recently cancelled. Granted, 70% of the decision was based on insane discount, 30% was based on the problems ive seen in this forum and flashbacks to a z3 first year owner (had one of the first 100 to come off the line).

Not everyone will agree with my decision (I’m still it sure I do) but it’s done - 42 month Lease.

I’ll get that GTPE (cause damn, the GTPE images look awesome) but it will be in a couple of years and once the first year gremlins are worked out.
No hate for making your own informed decision based on your values. Enjoy your etron.
Sponsored