Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks, I'm an engineer
Well there is your problem right there. Many of us have the same problem around here ;). Try USB C and patience's can help right now. The software needs a bit more finessing at this time. It is a lot better than in February and the cable was not required for awhile ........... until 3.24.
Sponsored

greenaero

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MME gray , Mazda Cx5, Honda CBR250R
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Country flag
I have to continue the comments that auto forum topics tend to focus on problems that often are very unique and not reflective of the general quality of the car. The only issue I have had is the PAAK and even then I've been able to resolve it by opening the Fordpass app. Otherwise everything else functions perfectly. An incredible achievement in a new and complex car. This is a great car. I love my MME.

Last edited:

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
Sounds like you already know more than me on the issue. I don't know why it fails to connect to Apple Car Play wirelessly and as you say, "derps out." When I press the Car Play button on screen it takes me to another screen asking if I'm sure I want to disconnect the Bluetooth phone and media player. I answer yes and voila; Apple Car Pay wireless interface.
The car can't connect wirelessly to your phone via Bluetooth *and* as Car Play or Android Auto at the same time... Somewhere in the car settings for the phone connection, you can choose one or the other (connect as Bluetooth or connect as Car Play/Android Auto). It took me a couple attempts because the car and phone want to pair up using an advanced Bluetooth connection by default instead of the wireless Car Play/Android Auto.

But if you fiddle with that a bit, connect as Car Play, and then *while connected* power cycle your phone, that should use that connection by default. It's something to do with the way Apple phones connect wirelessly and authenticate network connections by default.

Todd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EV6 GT
Country flag
1. the EV driving experience, combined with lack of emmissions will REALLY put a smile on your face.
Physics / EE double major debbie downer here:

The lack of local emissions yes, but EVs still use up energy which itself requires coal and burns dirty which causes lots of emissions. Then there is the issue with the batteries that degrade and will need to be dumped/recycled.

Transmissions lines that 'carry the electricity', even if from 'green' (not clean though) sources do not have perfect efficiency and 'burn' that off as heat (wires have resistance, i.e. a load).

Solar Panels, which I personally love, also require emissions to create and they degrade as well over time.

Then, no matter how 'clean' the energy generation, you are still turning your PE into thermal energy heating up the world.

Sorry, there is no free ticket here.

The generation of gasoline has been refined for decades and was actually not nearly as comparatively dirty as 'green' energy... unfortunately, it gets a bad rap due to politics.

And interestingly, to me anyway, there is a small bit of evidence that may show in the future that 'fossil' fuels are not actually produced by fossils and that it may be 'renewing' at a far faster rate that previously seen. But that's a different matter for a different time.

My preference is solar thermal or solar cell with investments into better energy storage methods than batteries.

Best way to have no emissions is not to drive and/or plan your routes better. :D

In any case, enjoy your vehicle regardless of its emissions status.

stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag
There have been tons of studies confirming that EVs pollute much less than ICEs, congrats on your double major but what you posted is incorrect beyond yes, the best case is not owning a car.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Best way to have no emissions is not to drive and/or plan your routes better. :D

Tru dat. Second best way is to keep using your old car. Manufacturing a new car requires enormous emission.

I've driven my car for 23 years, so I feel like I've done my part. I will feel no guilt whatsoever when my Mustang arrives. And I'm not even sure I believe in emissions!

Deleted member 3569

I was driving by the NJ dmv in Vineland and saw whole bunch of Mach-e's at Illiston Ford... went in saw a Premium RWD w/68kwH battery Infinite Blue/Light Gray interior ... they made an offer that I couldn't refuse with the highest trade in for my '17 Mercedes GLA ... voilà drove my new Mach-e home! Everything in the vehicle worked flawlessly ... the PAAK never dropped out once ...the protocol J5118 identified me every time I Plugged & Charged at any of EA dcFast chargers is NJ, PA, NY & DE... I have put more than 1,200 miles since May 24... the best experience of my life so far!

CDEA96DE-EB85-458C-B2A8-17F98C8E8F34.jpeg

37317999-5BF4-4174-8205-AAE2B7DA5407.jpeg

BC10435C-EE5F-4F96-A107-BB3A5B84781D.jpeg

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Tru dat. Second best way is to keep using your old car. Manufacturing a new car requires enormous emission.

I've driven my car for 23 years, so I feel like I've done my part. I will feel no guilt whatsoever when my Mustang arrives. And I'm not even sure I believe in emissions!
Exactly, from a CO2 impact perspective, best thing we could all do is buy a used high MPGe vehicle, like a used Bolt or Leaf (reuse), and then drive it only when strictly necessary (reduce), but not much fun in that.

Buying a brand new EV is just like how recycling gets all the attention when reducing and reusing are probably the more impactful actions to take.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Physics / EE double major debbie downer here:

The lack of local emissions yes, but EVs still use up energy which itself requires coal and burns dirty which causes lots of emissions. Then there is the issue with the batteries that degrade and will need to be dumped/recycled.

Transmissions lines that 'carry the electricity', even if from 'green' (not clean though) sources do not have perfect efficiency and 'burn' that off as heat (wires have resistance, i.e. a load).

Solar Panels, which I personally love, also require emissions to create and they degrade as well over time.

Then, no matter how 'clean' the energy generation, you are still turning your PE into thermal energy heating up the world.

Sorry, there is no free ticket here.

The generation of gasoline has been refined for decades and was actually not nearly as comparatively dirty as 'green' energy... unfortunately, it gets a bad rap due to politics.

And interestingly, to me anyway, there is a small bit of evidence that may show in the future that 'fossil' fuels are not actually produced by fossils and that it may be 'renewing' at a far faster rate that previously seen. But that's a different matter for a different time.

My preference is solar thermal or solar cell with investments into better energy storage methods than batteries.

Sorry, but your degree doesn't automatically authentic your assertions.

Yes it takes some emissions to make a car, make a solar panel, and some energy is lost during transmission. Of course the same is true for the cost of transporting petroleum and its derivates, so I'm not really sure one can state shipping tons of liquid 12000 miles is somehow "cleaner" than the 5% loss to heat in a high tension wire.

Oddly enough Doctor Robert Kehoe (employed by the API) made similar assertions about how leaded gasoline was not a pollutant and the then-measured levels of lead in the environment were completely normal. His "credentials" kept lead in gasoline for decades.

Funny, after leaded gasoline was banned those "normal" lead levels dropped precipitously.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Sorry, but your degree doesn't automatically authentic your assertions.

Yes it takes some emissions to make a car, make a solar panel, and some energy is lost during transmission. Of course the same is true for the cost of transporting petroleum and its derivates, so I'm not really sure one can state shipping tons of liquid 12000 miles is somehow "cleaner" than the 5% loss to heat in a high tension wire.

Oddly enough Doctor Robert Kehoe (employed by the API) made similar assertions about how leaded gasoline was not a pollutant and the then-measured levels of lead in the environment were completely normal. His "credentials" kept lead in gasoline for decades.

Funny, after leaded gasoline was banned those "normal" lead levels dropped precipitously.
Maybe we can find some common ground we can all agree on and then hopefully we can drop this topic. I can see many arguments getting started very soon...

BEVs shift emissions production from where the vehicle operates to somewhere else. It can be beneficial to move the emission production from a congested city to an area that is not as congested, and where the emissions can be better contained.

That might be all we can agree on, if we want to stay away from politics. I prefer to say away from politics in a car forum.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Oh, and for point of emphasis: The emissions to make a 25 year solar panel (the ones I have are guaranteed to output 92% of their capacity after 25 years) are far smaller than the 100,000 cu feet of natural gas needed to generate the same amount of electricity.

My 45 panels generate 19,000 kwh/year
19,000 * 25 * .96 = 456,000 kwh
456,000 kwh / 45 panels = 10,000 kwh / panel lifetime

It takes about 10 cubic feet to generate 1 kwh of electricity
10,000 kwh * 10 = 100,000 cubic feet of natural gas NOT mined, transported, and burned

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Maybe we can find some common ground we can all agree on and then hopefully we can drop this topic. I can see many arguments getting started very soon...
Here's the thing: a lie told often enough becomes an accepted fact.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Here's the thing: a lie told often enough becomes an accepted fact.
Agreed, except we probably will not agree regarding who is lying. And this is a car forum, not an emissions debate forum.

ABD

First Name
Alison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I’ve put almost 4000 miles on my Mach-e and love it. Don’t be afraid. You are hearing all of the squeaky wheels on here.

Mickey the T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, SR, RWD, Infinite Blue
Country flag

BEVs shift emissions production from where the vehicle operates to somewhere else. It can be beneficial to move the emission production from a congested city to an area that is not as congested, and where the emissions can be better contained.

That might be all we can agree on, if we want to stay away from politics. I prefer to say away from politics in a car forum.
Talking about emissions isn't politics, it's science.
Sponsored