This is starting to get old, fast.. Every DCFC station I hit, I’m happy if i get over 50KW.

Mauser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-e GT-PE Space White
Country flag
Every DCFC station I hit, I’m happy if i get over 50KW. I just got off the highway, so the battery’s nice and warm, and Im charging at a blistering 41KW, and its slowly dropping as I write this. Ive never hit the max charge rate. Yes, its cold, but not insanely cold. I’m at a brand new station that claims 350KW.

waiting 30 minutes for some valuable distance add just is t reasonable. What’s going on?!?!?

Ford Mustang Mach-E This is starting to get old, fast.. Every DCFC station I hit, I’m happy if i get over 50KW. 4046DF03-DE71-4595-BD0E-71E50DBAAA65
Sponsored

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
What charging rate are other people getting on plugshare?

OP
OP
Mauser

Mauser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-e GT-PE Space White
Country flag
What charging rate are other people getting on plugshare?
This one appears to be so new, its not listed on PlugShare.

Atxsw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium Std Range MME, Prius
Country flag
I dont recall what the charging curve is, but i thought over 60% it dropps off some. Have you charged when you are around 20%?

jeevez

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E CR1 ER-AWD
Country flag
Canada's charging landscape really sucks right now, at least across the prairies. If these Petro-Canada ones worked reliably up to advertised speeds, it would at least cover the #1 Hwy but my reality hasn't typically matched that expectation. Sorry to hear you're dealing with that.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
The battery does not warm up while driving. In fact it cools down while driving. So I think your slow speeds are due to the battery being cold. You need to use preconditioning when you park the car in below freezing temps so the battery stays warm, and take extra steps to warm up the pack before going on a trip that involves DC charging.

See my topic about how to precondition the battery: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-lees-cold-weather-charging-strategies.24548/

HGxxx

First Name
Harish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion energi, mach e premium standard range
Country flag
The battery does not warm up while driving. In fact it cools down while driving. So I think your slow speeds are due to the battery being cold. You need to use preconditioning when you park the car in below freezing temps so the battery stays warm, and take extra steps to warm up the pack before going on a trip that involves DC charging.

See my topic about how to precondition the battery: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-lees-cold-weather-charging-strategies.24548/
[/QUOT
I don't know about Canada, but try setting your destination in the ford nav to the charger so that it can warm the battery prior to anticipated charge.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
It’s not THAT cold TO YOU there my Canadian Friend. According to your battery… it’s FREAKIN COLD.
Ford Mustang Mach-E This is starting to get old, fast.. Every DCFC station I hit, I’m happy if i get over 50KW. FCC52475-17C0-42CC-826F-FF5794C6E23D

Unless you’re in some part of Canada that has relocated into the yellow/red zone of this map your battery is too cold to allow for fast chemical reactions.
Add to that, you’re already more than half charged. Meaning your electrolytes are already more than half saturated/ chemically changed. Chemistry says reactions will be faster when there’s more reaction to be done.
Then there’s the charging limit of the car that won’t go above 150KW. (Though I HAVE seen 162 a couple times in the heat of summer). So that 350 KW on the charger means nothing.
I think the charger is working fine. car max rate of 150. 50% off for a cold batter and another 50% for being at a high SOC. 41 KW ain’t bad really.
This is why, if charging stations are spaced properly, running the battery lower and then charging just enough to get to the next station is a time saver. Rather than DCFC from 50-80%, get to a more distant charger and go from 20-50% (or whatever percentage you need to get to your next stop).

Jeremyjames

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium Extended Range
Country flag
This is a Petro Canada thing. Have been to 4 different petro canada dcfc and never been over 100kw. Electrify Canada is much better.

Jeremyjames

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium Extended Range
Country flag
Is Electrify Canada worth the $.30 more per minute?
Where I am it's only a $.07 difference. EC is $.57 and PC is $.50. So to answer your question, yes it is. From what I understand it will soon be billed by the kWh in the near future.
Ford Mustang Mach-E This is starting to get old, fast.. Every DCFC station I hit, I’m happy if i get over 50KW. SmartSelect_20230311_231204_PlugShare

Ford Mustang Mach-E This is starting to get old, fast.. Every DCFC station I hit, I’m happy if i get over 50KW. SmartSelect_20230311_231135_PlugShare

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
Where I am it's only a $.07 difference. EC is $.57 and PC is $.50. So to answer your question, yes it is. From what I understand it will soon be billed by the kWh in the near future.
Ford Mustang Mach-E This is starting to get old, fast.. Every DCFC station I hit, I’m happy if i get over 50KW. SmartSelect_20230311_231135_PlugShare

In BC Petro is $.27 annd Electrify is $.57. They need to stop charging by the minute, and start charging by the kWh.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
For reference:
I am at an EA station in Central NY right now. Ambient temp is 16° F. SOC at plug in was 32%. I did navigate here via the onboard navigation so theoretically, the battery should have warmed itself on the way here (though I have no way of confirming this as I’m in a loaner MME and I don’t know if it’s gotten that update. I also don’t have my OBDII reader in this car to check the battery temp).
When I first plugged in I was getting 76 KW speed. It quickly settled down to 67 KW. Lower temp and lower SOC than your picture above. But those two seem to have balanced out and I’m getting a very similar rate to you. Seems normal to me.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Every DCFC station I hit, I’m happy if i get over 50KW. I just got off the highway, so the battery’s nice and warm, and Im charging at a blistering 41KW, and its slowly dropping as I write this. Ive never hit the max charge rate. Yes, its cold, but not insanely cold. I’m at a brand new station that claims 350KW.

waiting 30 minutes for some valuable distance add just is t reasonable. What’s going on?!?!?

I had the same experience at a Petro Canada as well. There was a Ford Lightning next to me brand new with the ssme issue. I Pre-Conditioned and i was getting 41kw (soc 35%). I called to complain. I decided to cut my charging session short and went to an Electric Circuit station. I was getting 48kw at a 50kw station so Petro definitely has issues. The next time i went on the same trip i went to a Electrify Canada, had a couple of issues getting the session started but when I finally did it started at 80kw and by the time I got to 70% i was charging at roughly 50kw.