TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It really seems like the heater is not doing anything.
Even with the -31c i only used 3 % more battery than i normally do on my commute.
If you look at usage, the heater isnt drawing anything.
It's clearly doing something if you're getting air that's 46C warmer than the outside (15c vs - 31c).

-31c is awfully extreme. I wouldn't totally rule out that the heater is just maxing out its ability to warn the air it's starting with. 46C is a big differential.

As someone else suggested, maybe try switching to recycled air if it's not already, to start with warmer air.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Kennykustom

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium awd lr
Country flag
It's clearly doing something if you're getting air that's 46C warmer than the outside (15c vs - 31c).

-31c is awfully extreme. I wouldn't totally rule out that the heater is just maxing out its ability to warn the air it's starting with. 46C is a big differential.

As someone else suggested, maybe try switching to recycled air if it's not already, to start with warmer air.

-18c on the way home tonight. No change or improvement.
Recirc air doesn't help defog the windshield.

-30c isn't uncommon for us here.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Pid shows heater drawing over 5kw.
I can only assume, all heat is being sent to heat the battery.
I’m guessing no, but you can check the coolant inlet temp. If it’s the same or less than the battery temp, it’s not being heated. When the battery is being heated the coolant inlet temp will be much warmer than the pack temp.

I was seeing full heater output with no pack heating at -15ÂşC, so it was maxed out heating the cabin at that temp.

Ford Mustang Mach-E This isn't going to work for me. Temperature @ vent measuring 15C degrees 3EDB9F45-8C21-486D-8DF2-9904285615B3

Battery is not being heated in above image since inlet temp is colder than pack temp. (When not heating, there's no flow in hose where sensor is located so it's cooling off to ambient temp.)

Last edited:
OP
OP

Kennykustom

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium awd lr
Country flag

The heater can do it ..
With a warm battery, it pumps heat.
As the battery cools, so much is dedicated to the battery, there's nothing left for the cabin.

OP
OP

Kennykustom

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium awd lr
Country flag
Ride home, after sitting outside all day.

Screenshot_20221207-190328.png

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Some others describing the same thing in extreme cold.

axelheimer24

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ MME Premium ER eAWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
Have you tried clicking that link in your weather app? I can’t be the only one curious about that spooky cloud…

2A187220-4EFD-43B8-8B4B-488CFE02FB6F.jpeg

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Ride home, after sitting outside all day.

Screenshot_20221207-190328.png
Inlet temp is -18ÂşC so the battery definitely isn't being heated. So you're just maxed out on cabin heat, it can't keep up below -25ÂşC. When the car is parked it might be able to warm because there's no wind carrying heat away, but once you start driving the wind is going to suck it out through the glass and body panels.

You could try covering the glass of the roof and rear windows to try to trap more heat.

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
Heated garage. Precondition
120km commute, all highway. ( Drove at 100kph)
Vent temp dropped to 15, windshield would only half defog.
3.6.1 OTA has been downloaded.

PXL_20221207_141002603.jpg

PXL_20221207_133940229.jpg

Screenshot_20221207-070018.png
Do you happen to have it in Auto or are you just using the fan speed control with eheat on?

I ask because it appears that allot of these issues are ussually solved by setting the HVAC to AUTO at medium or low setting, and then set the temp to what you need it to be at.

Try this first and do not start out by setting it to high, particularly if it's super cold out. You don't want to overwhelm the PTC heater with too much cold outside air which is what happens when itsbin high. Keeping the setting at AUTO seems to be the best way to get the HVAC working the way it's supposed to.

Using manual settings does not tend to work the way we expect it on this vehicle with one example being the recirculating function being turned off automatically after a few min despite using manual setttings. I suspect allot of other things are happening behind the scenes like this that make the manual settings not work as expected, resulting in poor user experience and lack of heating or cooling.

Womps

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E & 2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Super
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have better luck keeping my windows partially clear by setting it to max fan and touching the windshield and floor buttons on climate control screen. Bottom line is in extreme cold the heater looses its ability to blow hot or even warm air. Actually the real bottom line is when colder than -20 Celsius leave the MME in my garage and take my F150. It has a real heater!!

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I am also having some difficulties with heating my car. My auto setting doesn't seem to kick on the fan or heating system. My max defrost does work though when I press the icon. It is currently -10F where I live.
I am jealous of your range as mine is 90 miles on 75% charge today.
After the last update, the setting for preconditioning was turned off. The schedule was there, but it stopped preconditioning and cabin temp prep. I turned back on and for now it's staying.

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
This is a bummer, I'm glad I'm not in this cold of weather. Time to get a heated blanket for the car ride?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am also having some difficulties with heating my car. My auto setting doesn't seem to kick on the fan or heating system. My max defrost does work though when I press the icon. It is currently -10F where I live.
I am jealous of your range as mine is 90 miles on 75% charge today.
Make sure the vents are open. Round wheel built into vents. Hard to see and I though all GT's were extended?

It really seems like the heater is not doing anything.
Even with the -31c i only used 3 % more battery than i normally do on my commute.
If you look at usage, the heater isnt drawing anything.
-30C and 120km you should see a greater increase than 3% more than what you saw at 20C. At least I do what took 15 to 20% becomes 30% battery (1.5 to 2 times the consumption). That is not all cabin heating thou and is pretty much the same for all. Can not be helped with this tech.

Not on the new improved software here yet. The heat worked OK here last winter 110 Km/hr highway and never fogged up and working fine this fall. Never touched it and always pleasant but no testing carried out. I do not peel off layers too much but good heat. Heated seat on one helps. It worked here so maybe something wrong with the heater itself or the thermostat? Cars air is warm/hot on remote start (assuming not a departure schedule) and then dies is weird. When it sits in your garage on you sitting there what temp does it push out warm? Of course the software is rock solid so can not be anything there ;).

When on your trip does it start to happen? Is your garage hot/humid? Maybe cool down the garage to around 0C and set the car on a departure schedule (report back if the software scheduling works)? Climatize it a bit and do not shock it?

EVs do not work in as cold of temps as ICE vehicles. Below -25°C operation is not guaranteed. Sorry if this is news to you this late in the game, you might have to park the Mach-E for the next few months until temps return to the operating range.
So what are you saying is get a Tesla or another manufactured BEV if you live in North America? "IF" the warped thing would precondition it should be able to make it 120 km (75 miles). Bit ridiculous spin. I drove it in the -20C to low -30's with out a problem. I think hardware/software maybe as it should be better. He received the new software now it becomes a question do I need it?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The heater can do it ..
With a warm battery, it pumps heat.
As the battery cools, so much is dedicated to the battery, there's nothing left for the cabin.
My normal commute is 100 km highway. It is your frosting up that is the problem as that limits vision and is not safe. 15C with heated seat and wheel should be comfortable if dressed for -30C. Too much humidity in the vehicle frosts up the glass. Maybe the condenser? Is your a/c working with a puddle on garage floor? Cold is one thing but your problem seems to be moisture right? Stop breathing maybe ;).
Sponsored