Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
When you have it, can you tell us the mileage difference before and after? Looks like you have a Premium Extended Range, correct? Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Superfly-Vic

Superfly-Vic

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
No road noise at all, the Toyo’s are super quite. But the handling is much improved. The 19’s have way to much tire for all the torque the car produces.

OP
OP
Superfly-Vic

Superfly-Vic

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
When you have it, can you tell us the mileage difference before and after? Looks like you have a Premium Extended Range, correct? Thanks!
It’s a premium standard range… I was waking up to 265 range before and 250 now with the rims. Not bad for a car that supposed to have 230 range

Jchis2021GT

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S P85 (sold), Mach-e GT (Jan'22)
Country flag
Great choice. How do the wider tires feel on the front when turning vs. the stock tire width? Any noticeable difference? I have had wider tires on cars in the front before and it felt like the steering was off. Not sure about a "SUV" though.

a22matic

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
It’s a premium standard range… I was waking up to 265 range before and 250 now with the rims. Not bad for a car that supposed to have 230 range
Not bad at all. Thanks!

sharkcom

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
I went with Vossen 22x9.5 custom made wheels for Mach-E with an offset in the back for that deep dish look. 265x35 r22 Toyo’s all around.

99FEFA65-9D5F-4ABB-B37B-1E19501B5F42.jpeg
6A5CD8AA-9086-4167-BA73-4FF9AE744EB1.jpeg
Few questions for you if you dont mind:

1) What is an offset - does it make the wheel stick out more from the fender? What offset size did you use?
2) What specific Toyo's did you go with?
3) What color are those Vossens - do they have a name like gunmetal gray?
4) I dont see that they have the MachE listed in their car selector so is there anything special that I need to order or just use that link?

Thanks much. Looks really awesome!

OP
OP
Superfly-Vic

Superfly-Vic

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Great choice. How do the wider tires feel on the front when turning vs. the stock tire width? Any noticeable difference? I have had wider tires on cars in the front before and it felt like the steering was off. Not sure about a "SUV" though.
It handles like a dream with these rims on. Honestly this car was made for bigger and wider rims like the ones I got. There is no reason other than cost or range savings that this car came with those narrow 19”s

OP
OP
Superfly-Vic

Superfly-Vic

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Few questions for you if you dont mind:

1) What is an offset - does it make the wheel stick out more from the fender? What offset size did you use?
2) What specific Toyo's did you go with?
3) What color are those Vossens - do they have a name like gunmetal gray?
4) I dont see that they have the MachE listed in their car selector so is there anything special that I need to order or just use that link?

Thanks much. Looks really awesome!
Here is the link to Vossen. They have a page dedicated to our Mustangs

https://vossenwheels.com/galleries/mustang-mach-e-hybrid-forged-series-hf-4t/

nicholaspe

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
My Star White Premium is set to arrive in a few days. Spent the last few days looking at 20" wheels. This 22" set up is incredible! You've sent me down a new rabbit hole! You've answered most of my questions already. Sounds like your combo has the perfect balance of form and function. I want to keep the ride comfy. No rubbing in any situation? You've got 265/35. You think a 265/45 would still fit?

Last edited:

vakane

First Name
Rinel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Kia Optima, 2006 Toyota Corolla, 1970 Ford mustang
Occupation
banker
Country flag
Looks good, what is the weight of the wheel/tire combo? I could see getting a set of these in 19s or 20s for my wife’s incoming 4X.

Also, the yellow calipers look good against the black, now just need to get a set of the Brembo decals for them from eBay ?? Because they are Brembos, Ford was just too cheap to pay for the painted finish and final bling ?
I told the OP this IRL.

that’s next no worries.
The flowform wheels are actually pretty decent in weight. But I’ll let the OP ask his Vossen guy and get some numbers.

OP
OP
Superfly-Vic

Superfly-Vic

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
My Star White Premium is set to arrive in a few days. Spent the last few days looking at 20" wheels. This 22" set up is incredible! You've sent me down a new rabbit hole! You've answered most of my questions already. Sounds like your combo has the perfect balance of form and function. I want to keep the ride comfy. No rubbing in any situation? You've got 265/35. You think a 265/45 would still fit?
From my understanding from Vossen, the 45’s are used for the 20’s and 35’s for the 22’s. They designed and tested the package so I just took their word for it.

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
well done, it looks great.

agreed on the coil overs, you could lose close to an inch and still be fine.

i couldn't do 22's, we have pot holes that eat SUV's here. and always in a spot where there wasn't one yesterday.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
A 265/45-R22 would be 9% larger than the stock tires - it might fit, but is way above the 3% recommended tolerance, and even if you made it fit, it would throw off the vehicle sensors unless they were recalibrated. Not recommended unless you really know what you are getting into.

Even the 265/35-R22 is 1.8% larger - within the tolerance, but about as big as you’d want to go without planning ahead.

nicholaspe

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
A 265/45-R22 would be 9% larger than the stock tires - it might fit, but is way above the 3% recommended tolerance, and even if you made it fit, it would throw off the vehicle sensors unless they were recalibrated. Not recommended unless you really know what you are getting into.

Even the 265/35-R22 is 1.8% larger - within the tolerance, but about as big as you’d want to go without planning ahead.

Thanks for the info! Very helpful as I’m am no expert when it comes to this stuff. I’ve spent the day looking at different combos others have done and I think I’m going to stick with 20” wheels and a little more meat on the tire for peace of mind. I’m also hoping to go pretty wide like the OP. I’m ok with sacrificing a little efficiency for looks and handling. Still trying to decide if I should go with a staggered set or not. I really don’t know the advantages other than looks. Possibly 275/40 rear with 255/45 front. My MME is supposed to arrive tomorrow !!

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
Thanks for the info! Very helpful as I’m am no expert when it comes to this stuff. I’ve spent the day looking at different combos others have done and I think I’m going to stick with 20” wheels and a little more meat on the tire for peace of mind. I’m also hoping to go pretty wide like the OP. I’m ok with sacrificing a little efficiency for looks and handling. Still trying to decide if I should go with a staggered set or not. I really don’t know the advantages other than looks. Possibly 275/40 rear with 255/45 front. My MME is supposed to arrive tomorrow !!
Tire sizes are confusing. I always have to check a calculator to be sure.

Staggered sets look good, but remember that they prevent you from being able to rotate tires, and these heavy/powerful EVs can really eat up tires. I don’t think there are actually a lot of practical advantages on an AWD vehicle, even on the stock 225s my Premium can accelerate at full power without chirping the tires.

Ultimately a staggered set would be just because you like the look and feel, and you don’t mind throwing extra tires at it over time. Nothing wrong with that at all, of course, I just don’t think it has a lot of actual practical advantage.
Sponsored