Those of you that are just now receiving production dates...

smcnair

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Platty, Explorer Platty, '23 Premium
Country flag
When, and what, did you order? Just trying to get an idea how long it is taking to get a production date.
Sponsored

LeanneL

First Name
Leanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTP
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Ordered in April, premium.

TTort

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'95 Mazda RX-7, Prius, Honda Pilot
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Ordered mine March 12, basic select model. Used Ford site about 3 weeks ago to chat and they told me Production date was July 4th. Got an email last week from Ford saying date is July 11...

LeanneL

First Name
Leanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTP
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Surprised you could order a premium? I ordered in March, and only GT or select were the choices.
I’m in Canada so apparently the order books and allocation are different.

FirstPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 AWD ER Prem red/black, '22 Kia Sorento PHEV
Country flag
Surprised you could order a premium? I ordered in March, and only GT or select were the choices.
I’m in Canada so apparently the order books and allocation are different.
Yup, this has come up a few times lately in this forum. It appears Canadian customers get vehicles from/in a separate production tranche. They have been able to keep ordering Premiums, and it sounds like, getting much faster delivery dates.

NOTE: I am sure this isn't because Ford somehow favors Canadian customers. More likely they just allocate a certain amount of production to them for a model year, and they just aren't being ordered at as fast a relative rate as the rest.

Still kinda frustrating to see though. I understand the allocation at the beginning of the year, but you'd think they would adapt these things as the year goes on when the order queues get significantly different, to put more vehicles into the hands of people who have actually ordered them.

Ahokie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Tesla Model S, 2018 Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
I orderd a California Rt 1 on 1/2/2022, Received an email on June 3 with a production date of Week of June 27, 2022, Checked Reservations and Orders online today and production date is Week of 7/4/2022

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yup, this has come up a few times lately in this forum. It appears Canadian customers get vehicles from/in a separate production tranche. They have been able to keep ordering Premiums, and it sounds like, getting much faster delivery dates.

NOTE: I am sure this isn't because Ford somehow favors Canadian customers. More likely they just allocate a certain amount of production to them for a model year, and they just aren't being ordered at as fast a relative rate as the rest.

Still kinda frustrating to see though. I understand the allocation at the beginning of the year, but you'd think they would adapt these things as the year goes on when the order queues get significantly different, to put more vehicles into the hands of people who have actually ordered them.
Wow that is frustrating:( I may even postpone this order just to get a premium.
Sponsored