First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach e and Tesla model Y
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The software will improve. Look at the original version of iOS compared to the subsequent annual updates that got us to iOS 14.
If they can improve the software and the aftermarket can fix the suspension then I honestly have nothing to complain about

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Reaction score
Vehicles
1978 AMC Gremlin X...
Occupation
sales
Country flag
tesla is a tech company that builds cars.

ford is a motor company, that is learning tech.

car companies have historically been crap at tech. my 2010 FX35 UI is a joke, even by 2010 standards when compared to a phone or computer from the same year. this is clearly changing as most car mfgs are pouring big investment into getting better at tech. i'd like to thank tesla for that push, more than the push to go full BEV.

i loved my model S and 3, and i don't have the hang up about a middle screen, lack of screen in front of the driver, door handles etc. sold my 3 when the world ended since i was no longer commuting, and our small biz took a major smack in the jaw.

i did have the opportunity to walk around a MME at the 2020 chicago auto show, feb of 2020. i was very impressed. it was a lot nicer than i had surmised from the few images i had seen of it online.

so my recent decision was to go with the MME, after sitting in one and going on a brief test drive. the trusty ole FX is slipping in first, and needs another exhaust. with 145k on her, i'm at a value tipping point. it was the fit and finish that really sold me after looking over 3 different MMEs. generally speaking (there's always outliers) ford is great at paint. they're also great at interiors. so i was willing to forego some of the tech advances for a better build quality, with great styling.

Advertisement

Advertisement