Thoughts on bargaining with dealers prior to official ordering process?

SolarAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Writer
Country flag
What are the best throw-in parts & accessories to ask for from a dealer? An obvious one to me is the Ford Connected Charge Station. Lots of EV makers include the charging station with the vehicle.
Sponsored

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If your dealer accepted the order, it says they agree to sell it at that price. I would assume anyone who ordered on line with the reservation process would be protected from any dealer mark up. Thats more or less a contract.

Dealers don't generally make a ton of money selling new cars. What they get you on is the trade in and used car sales, finance referrals, and their service department. I don't think many dealers embrace the electric car business because there are no oil changes, no engine tune up...etc.

Dealers can do ADM...they are independent retail outlets...they just can't do it on vehicles they all ready agreed to sale at a price when you ordered it.
You are correct. The car dealer of today has several profit centers. The one with the most profit, in order:

Finance
Service
Used car sales
New car sales
MDF, (Market development funds), Co-Op, (When Ford offers to pay a portion or all of the cost for an advertising).

Reactions: UW2

solarmoo900

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE AWD ER
Country flag

TxTom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE and 2021 Escape PHEV Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Someone on the Forum posted their Invoice for their car: The invoice column and MSRP column is identical. Apparently they are paid a flat fee from Ford for each sold car.

Mark IV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus, Escape, 289 Cobra, GT40, Caterham, Excursion
Occupation
Specialty Car Dealer
Country flag
Someone on the Forum posted their Invoice for their car: The invoice column and MSRP column is identical. Apparently they are paid a flat fee from Ford for each sold car.
Correct. The mark-up is rebated from Ford if the dealer meets all the criteria. My Mach-E has been invoiced to the dealer I worked for (still part time for fleet work so "D" plan) and the dealership has been drafted for the invoice amount....$56,440.00, same as list price.
Sponsored