Snowbolster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx 350
Country flag
Finally got to see the Mach-e in person today.

It was one California Route 1 Star white and an Infinite Blue Premium.

Here are some of my thoughts:

1) The white interior looks more luxurious than the black one.
2) The perforated seats feel cooler to seat on than the solid ones, so for the ones of you in hot states, since there is no seat cooling, would recommend going for the perforated option.
3) The car lines are sexy, it actually feels slightly bigger in real life than in photos. My best description of it will be as a chunkier taller Mustang.
4) As many here mentioned, there is quite a lot of interior space, both in the front and the back. The reason is that the back seat bench is tilted a bit which creates more space.
5) The screen feels the right size and not overwhelmingly big, I guess because of portrait orientation, it doesn't feel as big as the one in the Tesla Y.
6) The materials are mostly soft, although I would have expected a bit more soft and luxurious materials inside. It includes switches and such which are straight from Explorer/escape/any other ford
7) The sound system is great, I tried both the regular and the B&O one and the B&O have better sub and a bit crisper, but I doubt that you will be disappointed with the regular one as well.
8) Seating position is crossoverish, not too high, and not low, definitely not sedan level.
9) The Frunk in these pre production versions had the divider and the Ford reps said they don't know about if it's going to stay or not. The frunk design will not allow for a cooler to be placed there, unless they will change one side of it and make it flat. You can throw a duffel/bags/dirty clothes there though.
10) The trunk has 2 positions. In the first one the floor is aligned with collapsed back seats which creates almost a flat bad, I would say the seat angle is probably 10 degrees. In the 2nd position you can drop the floor about 2 inches down and it makes the trunk look significantly bigger because of the added depth. Seems bigger and wider that lets say an X3. Should be enough for most.
11) The trunk opens and closes pretty fast and the no hand function operates well.
12) The front door entrance is fine with the button and the little wing, the back door I'm less of a fan of. Once you click on the button you have to shove your hand in this 2 inch crack and open it fully, probably would have been better to use the same winglet on the back as well.
13) The screen operation is fairly intuitive and not too hard to find things that you need.
14) The voice control is solid, way better than my stupid google mini smart speaker.
15) The Infinite Blue color is fairly unique and feels younger than all the different shades of gray. From color perspective, it's a definite blue+ gray combo.
16) The ground clearance feels a bit low, but as long as it will climb a side walk without scratching the floor of the car, most people will be ok with it.
17) The seats soft and compfy as many of you have mentioned, no complaint there.
18) In the back seat it's enough space for 2 adults and maybe a young kid in the center, but the center armrest area is not a comfortable seating spot so I wouldn't recommend it for a long trip.
19) The premium rims look better than the all black Cali 1 rims.
20) The roof was doing a great job of not letting any sun in so it was nice and cool inside the car although the roof was glass. I think even a bit better than the Model Y.

Let me know if you have more questions and I'll try to answer!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Thoughts & pics from today's Mach-E Event 10-22-2020 @ San Leandro, CA! 20201022_121632_HDR
Ford Mustang Mach-E Thoughts & pics from today's Mach-E Event 10-22-2020 @ San Leandro, CA! 20201022_122420
Ford Mustang Mach-E Thoughts & pics from today's Mach-E Event 10-22-2020 @ San Leandro, CA! 20201022_122547_HDR
Ford Mustang Mach-E Thoughts & pics from today's Mach-E Event 10-22-2020 @ San Leandro, CA! 20201022_122614_HDR
Ford Mustang Mach-E Thoughts & pics from today's Mach-E Event 10-22-2020 @ San Leandro, CA! 20201022_122756_HDR
Ford Mustang Mach-E Thoughts & pics from today's Mach-E Event 10-22-2020 @ San Leandro, CA! 20201022_123228
Ford Mustang Mach-E Thoughts & pics from today's Mach-E Event 10-22-2020 @ San Leandro, CA! 20201022_123438_HDR
Ford Mustang Mach-E Thoughts & pics from today's Mach-E Event 10-22-2020 @ San Leandro, CA! 20201022_123759

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
11) The trunk opens and closes pretty fast and the no hand function operates well.
Did the route 1 have the power rear door? I know it doesn't have the handsfree foot trigger option, but wondering if it still has the power close button?

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
What are the vents on each side of the trunk?

OP
OP
Snowbolster

Snowbolster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx 350
Country flag
Did the route 1 have the power rear door? I know it doesn't have the handsfree foot trigger option, but wondering if it still has the power close button?
Nope, totally manual, kinda weird that a 50k car won't have it

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
CA Rt 1 also has manual seats according to Ford's documentation.
Huh? The Select by default has manual seats, but the RT1 has unheated power memory seats by default.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Huh? The Select by default has manual seats, but the RT1 has unheated power memory seats by default.
Ah yeah there it is...
Ford Mustang Mach-E Thoughts & pics from today's Mach-E Event 10-22-2020 @ San Leandro, CA! Screenshot 2020-10-22 212415

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I much prefer the black. Android user here. I wonder if there is a correlation if iPhone users prefer white.
Nope. iPhone and Mac computers. I like the black (especially with the Grabber Blue stitching).

Rotting Piñata

First Name
Adi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon hybrid
Country flag
Didn't realize the perforated seats were an option and not standard. My Avalon has solid leather and it gets hot and sticky on a warm day driving with the windows down.. It's amazing how much those little holes actually do.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I went with the gray/white interior mostly for the 2-tone look, would have preferred more grey and less white. Do like the color stitching on the black FE seats, but the GT copper stitching may have the win.
Sponsored