First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
So despite the fact that when I test drove the car months ago I found the brake, if anything, a little overly grabby... I've been having dreams lately where I have my MME and I need to stop and my brake pedal does like barely anything.

I need this car to get here already so my brain can stop giving me new reasons to worry! ?
I had this dream countless times with my Fiesta.

And zero times with my Mach-E. I stop by NOT touching the pedals. :) Hope this helps.
Sponsored

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
I had this dream countless times with my Fiesta.

And zero times with my Mach-E. I stop by NOT touching the pedals. :) Hope this helps.
Yea I think I'm just worried about adapting to 1PD which is what I *want* to use when the car comes but I really don't have any IRL experience with so my brain is churning things over and over in my dreams. It can't comprehend not having to touch the brake pedal haha

Edredius

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e premium stb awd
Country flag
My biggest issue, is this is the first vehicle I have ever ordered. I'm used to finding what I want on either the new or used lot. Def not used to waiting. A lot to learn this time around. Still hopeful I get to cruise around in the summer ?

JediGamerCT

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Flex
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
My GT Scheduled for production 3/14/22. Ordered on 11/27/21. Got the $2000 tack-on in the new Ford estimate. I have the lower MSRP in dealer confirmation so we will see. But hey at least now I have a production date
Wow! Happy for you Regulus7 but this is total bollocks for those of us with earlier orders who still have no production date in sight. If I had ordered a Tesla back in August I would have been driving it for a few months already. I just don’t get it!

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Rapid Red (ordered 10/22/21)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yea I think I'm just worried about adapting to 1PD which is what I *want* to use when the car comes but I really don't have any IRL experience with so my brain is churning things over and over in my dreams. It can't comprehend not having to touch the brake pedal haha
I have only owned manual transmission cars for the last 40+ years, and will really miss the fun of clutch and shifter. My hope is the challenge to master 1PD will somehow fulfill that same desire to be more engaged with driving. (Fingers crossed)

Alan Gant
2022 Mustang Mach-E GTPE
Rapid Red
Ordered 10/22/2021
28 week delay predicts delivery on or about May 6, 2022

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
So despite the fact that when I test drove the car months ago I found the brake, if anything, a little overly grabby... I've been having dreams lately where I have my MME and I need to stop and my brake pedal does like barely anything.

I need this car to get here already so my brain can stop giving me new reasons to worry! ?
Yesterday I dropped off my Sto n Sho at my dealer, but after my Mach-E arrived last week, I had a dream that I went down to see it and they had already drilled holes in the front bumper!

Thankfully it was just a dream, as I can confirm there are no holes….?

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
Yesterday I dropped off my Sto n Sho at my dealer, but after my Mach-E arrived last week, I had a dream that I went down to see it and they had already drilled holes in the front bumper!

Thankfully it was just a dream, as I can confirm there are no holes….?
Brains... who invented these things?!

JamesInWeston

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ordered 8-25-21: 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E CalRt1
Occupation
Risk Management/Insurance
Country flag
I had my 2017 Chev Bolt for three months before I tried 1PD. It felt weird for about 300 yards and then I never looked back. I'll probably go through the same learning curve with my MME's adaptive cruise control ?

FinCrimesJD

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport Badlands, upcoming MME AWD ER
Occupation
Banking
Country flag
So for those of you that haven't gotten your Mach-E (congrats to those who have though) how are you passing the time, apart from being potentially grumpy?

I know for myself, after going through the Bronco and Bronco Sport ordering process, I sort of knew what to expect. I've passed the time with watching reviews and reading articles, not to mention borrowing my local dealership's Mach-E to make sure my charging port installed in my garage worked as intended.

I find myself getting a bit more blah lately though. I've even starting looking into other vehicles that have caught my eye and match my (car) personality after watching car reviews. I'm trying to hold out good thoughts and not say, swap to another unique vehicle that's caught my eye, but my willpower is only doing so much. Lol

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
So for those of you that haven't gotten your Mach-E (congrats to those who have though) how are you passing the time, apart from being potentially grumpy?

I know for myself, after going through the Bronco and Bronco Sport ordering process, I sort of knew what to expect. I've passed the time with watching reviews and reading articles, not to mention borrowing my local dealership's Mach-E to make sure my charging port installed in my garage worked as intended.

I find myself getting a bit more blah lately though. I've even starting looking into other vehicles that have caught my eye and match my (car) personality after watching car reviews. I'm trying to hold out good thoughts and not say, swap to another unique vehicle that's caught my eye, but my willpower is only doing so much. Lol
Plenty to do to keep you enthused, download the owners manual and read, re-read, and then read it again. Continuously refresh your order page even though you know it hasn't changed, watch all the videos, read all the reviews, and best of all, read all the threads here and learn even more.
Now if that fails, go out and buy yourself a toy to drive on the weekends, I did! I just finalized a deal on a 69' Mach 1 428scj and it is on its way to Gateway classic mustangs for a full restoration.

Tony

JohnS1111

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E eAWD
Country flag
Hi, I’m still patiently waiting but I’m confused about the emails I received. I ordered in September and received an email right away from Ford “Exhilaration Confirmed” and “Thank you for placing your order request with …”. Checking the dashboard on the Ford web page, the status changed a day later to “Order accepted by Dealer” and has been since at “Place Order in progress”.
I’ve been asking the dealer when that changes to the next step and the answer was “when they get a production slot”.
Last week I received now another email from Ford “Your Order has been confirmed”, but the status on the Ford web page didn’t change.
i have not seen much about what emails people get from Ford. Is that the normal? First an email“thanks for the order request” and then a few months later “order confirmed”?

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
@oadesign what's your status?
I'm pretty sure delivery will be Tuesday. I'm heading down soon to sign the 'certificate of origin,' so hopefully will learn that the new 12V arrived today. If it doesn't, that could push me back to Wednesday. My insurance agent is closed due to the holiday, making today impossible, even if the 12V is in.

NormaV

First Name
Norma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang convertible, Space White Premium MME Ex
Occupation
retired RN
Country flag
I'm pretty sure delivery will be Tuesday. I'm heading down soon to sign the 'certificate of origin,' so hopefully will learn that the new 12V arrived today. If it doesn't, that could push me back to Wednesday. My insurance agent is closed due to the holiday, making today impossible, even if the 12V is in.
Sounds good.
What is the certificate of origin for?
We spoke with the dealership about how the IRS knows it’s one of the first 200,000 EVs built by Ford, and they didn’t know how to
prove that. Although they also didn’t anticipate 200,000 would be built before the end of 2022.
Do you know?

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Sounds good.
What is the certificate of origin for?
We spoke with the dealership about how the IRS knows it’s one of the first 200,000 EVs built by Ford, and they didn’t know how to
prove that. Although they also didn’t anticipate 200,000 would be built before the end of 2022.
Do you know?
It look exactly like a title, except at the top is the Ford logo. My signing it works in the same way, transferring ownership from Ford to me.

As for the number of cars, every vehicle's VIN contains the number of that model of car that has been built.

For instance, my Mach-E was the 61,102 built, since those are the last digits of my VIN. The earlier characters identity the model year, so they can track exactly how many the've sold.

BTW, while I was at the dealer, I learned that my Mach-E was in the shop, as the 12V arrived today (yay!). They were also installing my Sto n Sho for the front plate, meaning tomorrow we are ON for delivery day! :cool:
Sponsored