Norma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang convertible, Space White Premium MME Ex
Occupation
retired RN
Country flag
It look exactly like a title, except at the top is the Ford logo. My signing it works in the same way, transferring ownership from Ford to me.

As for the number of cars, every vehicle's VIN contains the number of that model of car that has been built.

For instance, my Mach-E was the 61,102 built, since those are the last digits of my VIN. The earlier characters identity the model year, so they can track exactly how many the've sold.

BTW, while I was at the dealer, I learned that my Mach-E was in the shop, as the 12V arrived today (yay!). They were also installing my Sto n Sho for the front plate, meaning tomorrow we are ON for delivery day! :cool:
Congratulations! Although the wait was long, it will have been worth it.
Sponsored

BillPitman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape, ā€˜21 J2 Space White Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It look exactly like a title, except at the top is the Ford logo. My signing it works in the same way, transferring ownership from Ford to me.

As for the number of cars, every vehicle's VIN contains the number of that model of car that has been built.

For instance, my Mach-E was the 61,102 built, since those are the last digits of my VIN. The earlier characters identity the model year, so they can track exactly how many the've sold.

BTW, while I was at the dealer, I learned that my Mach-E was in the shop, as the 12V arrived today (yay!). They were also installing my Sto n Sho for the front plate, meaning tomorrow we are ON for delivery day! :cool:
Congrats Bob! Question, our cars were built on the same day, 10/15ā€¦.. yourā€™s is 61,102, mine is 56,293, a spread of 4,809 carsā€¦ā€¦. Do you think that is possible? Maybe 10/15 represents that particular weekā€¦ā€¦..

NormaV

First Name
Norma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired RN
Country flag
Congrats Bob! Question, our cars were built on the same day, 10/15ā€¦.. yourā€™s is 61,102, mine is 56,293, a spread of 4,809 carsā€¦ā€¦. Do you think that is possible? Maybe 10/15 represents that particular weekā€¦ā€¦..
Perhaps itā€™s the specific model. Mine a premium RWD is 52, 653

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
Thatā€™s a good question; it may have to do with the trim of the car?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Thatā€™s a good question; it may have to do with the trim of the car?
It certainly seems to be trim level related. My GT PE coming, hopefully, next week is 04017. So only 4,000 GT PEs have been made so far. Probably closer to 4,500 now?

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
As it turns out my grumpiness has been extended by 24 hours. My sales rep called to tell me it will be ready tomorrow.

Since the registration is done, plates are on, new 12V has been installed, Iā€™m guessing itā€™s either a matter of them getting someone to finish prep, or they still have to finish installing HeliCoils in the rear seat belt anchors to free it from ā€˜recall hell.ā€™?

rzanzerkia

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Acura TL, 2016 MB GLE350, 2021 Mach-e Premium
Country flag
As it turns out my grumpiness has been extended by 24 hours. My sales rep called to tell me it will be ready tomorrow.

Since the registration is done, plates are on, new 12V has been installed, Iā€™m guessing itā€™s either a matter of them getting someone to finish prep, or they still have to finish installing HeliCoils in the rear seat belt anchors to free it from ā€˜recall hell.ā€™?

I was expecting a picture today from you.
I should have known better! :)

They better deliver you the car tomorrow, or else!!!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Donā€™t forget that the serial number is 6 digits. In the case of the MME the first digit is alpha, the remaining 5 are numeric. ?ā€ā™‚?

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I was expecting a picture today from you.
I should have known better! :)

They better deliver you the car tomorrow, or else!!!
Thankfully, the ā€˜Red Sea partedā€™ for tomorrow: a midday hourlong work meeting via Zoom just got canceled! Should be mine by noon :)

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
Do you think those numbers as cars built only refer to 2021> My 2022 VIN has the last 5 digits but first digit is a zero (0)

MONDO

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(2021) Space White, Premium, AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Design Engineer
Country flag
Hello Grumps,

Iā€™m thinking of joining your clan. According to my dealer, my 5/29 ordered ā€˜21 MME Premium AWD ExR seems to be abandoned in transit. Shipped on 12/5, it has yet to move out of KC after arriving on 12/15. He says the vehicle is in ā€œrepair modeā€, likely due to a dead 12V battery. In his words, United Road will not touch the car if the battery is dead due to the cars ingeniously designed 12V battery compartment. So apparently its just going to live in KC now until someone from Ford decides to drop a new battery in it.

Iā€™m taking all this with a massive grain of salt, as Iā€™ve seen plenty of others posting about their MMEs arriving at the dealership with dead batteries. I have a feeling this is just a narrative he made up to blame Ford corporate, while subtly suggesting I just reorder. My delivery date was 1/14-1/20 before receiving the ā€œArrival Date of your Vehicle has been Updatedā€ email, and is now 2/14-2/20. Not hopeful this will hold.

I look forward to grumbling with you all!

J

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Do you think those numbers as cars built only refer to 2021> My 2022 VIN has the last 5 digits but first digit is a zero (0)
That makes sense, as they havenā€™t yet built enough to populate that digit.

NormaV

First Name
Norma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired RN
Country flag