Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Do you a link to the post where I can check VIN numbers and build dates? Thanks
If you have a VIN assigned you can check on "FordVINLookup.com". This site only "decodes" the VIN. The Ford tracking site is sometimes available to you, and I see others with more experience than I (day 50 of 196-day wait and no VIN/build date) have responded to your inquiry.

VINs are assigned when the MME is scheduled to begin assembly (aka estimated build date). On this forum, there are many, many individual stories about the "long wait" between order and build dates/VIN assignment as well as the variable nature of recall or chip holds and transportation treks. This forum has a database that allows folks to enter their "dates" so that others may see the grand view and where they may stand, rather than trying to make sense of different individual experiences on a variety of threads. Regrettably, the database has very poor participation and apparently gets even fewer updates. Attached is a summary I attempted of that database, as of a couple weeks ago, of 2022 VINs arranged by "build date". (You can infer the assignment of VIN numbers to MME is "chronological" in the last 6 digits which are the serial number that identifies that specific MME.) However, that serial is apparently different for MME destined for Canada or Europe and GT models. Also, it seems that the serial may also have a month "code", to make it more difficult for outsiders to interpret. Anyway, your simple question highlights one of the widespread frustrations of the Ford ordering and allocation procedures, poor communication. I know of no database that we potential buyers can access other than those discussed here.

Lastly, if you can get your dealer to check the VIN status and get a build date, you can search on this forum for folks who have same build date threads to see what 's happening with them.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag
Well, just got the call from my dealership that my Mache is in! Insane, since the latest ford update window changed from Dec to march 3. And strange since United road still shows my car as inactive sitting in a miami rail yard. But either way, picking up tomorrow if all is good. I guess im almost not grumpy anymore, but ill believe it when it actually happens.

D001EBE5-7A59-4F13-A751-BF096ACA6588.jpeg

NormaV

First Name
Norma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang convertible, Space White Premium MME Ex
Occupation
retired RN
Country flag
Well, just got the call from my dealership that my Mache is in! Insane, since the latest ford update window changed from Dec to march 3. And strange since United road still shows my car as inactive sitting in a miami rail yard. But either way, picking up tomorrow if all is good. I guess im almost not grumpy anymore, but ill believe it when it actually happens.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who haven't gotten their Mach-E's yet to be grumpy in D001EBE5-7A59-4F13-A751-BF096ACA6588
Woohoo? How exciting! Keep us updated. It is worth the wait!

FinCrimesJD

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport Badlands, upcoming MME AWD ER
Occupation
Banking
Country flag

D001EBE5-7A59-4F13-A751-BF096ACA6588.jpeg
About time! I take it no Tesla then?

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag
About time! I take it no Tesla then?
I hope they will refund my $250. I have been looking at teslas on the road all week depressed that I was even considering it. But i felt that there was a real possibility of my mache never coming and i need a car…

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Rapid Red (ordered 10/22/21)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Now that it has been 3 months since my order, I reached out to the dealer. My salesman told me it is still unscheduled, but is now priority 1! When I placed the order it was priority 10. My stage of impatience now has a dose of anticipation in it!

Alan Gant
2022 Mustang Mach-E GTPE, Rapid Red
Ordered 10/22/2021
28 week delay predicts delivery on or about May 6, 2022

FinCrimesJD

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport Badlands, upcoming MME AWD ER
Occupation
Banking
Country flag
I hope they will refund my $250. I have been looking at teslas on the road all week depressed that I was even considering it. But i felt that there was a real possibility of my mache never coming and i need a car…
Hey, no worries on the thoughts. I've been eye-balling the new BMW M240i to replace the Mustang I had a couple years ago since this information hole Ford has had us in is frustrating.

But hey, you're nearly at the finish line! That's gotta feel great!

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
For the second time, I contacted a dealer about an advertised MME. This dealer online-advertised a bunch of 2022 MME. There was no information about "availability". When contacted through their online chat they said "that vehicle appears to be available" so let's make an appointment to discuss your options and our sales force will contact you. No contact. I called again to speak with salesman who said, "that car is special order and has been sold". So glad I didn't drive down there thinking I'm going to finally sit in one and get serious about buying an MME. (I know they didn't have that car since the VIN serials posted on this forum showed build dates of late January, e.g. now.) Apparently, some dealers use cars they don't have to lure potential customers. IMHO, they should not be advertising ordered vehicles as though they were available. Smells like bait and switch but, I suppose not illegal. I'm back to THE WAIT. Day 49 of predicted 196-day wait.
I wouldn’t assume that the dealers are engaging in a bait and switch to lure people on to the lot. The systems that track their inventory are highly automated. Incoming cars to a dealer are automatically added to the dealer’s website once the car has been shipped. The only way to know if a car is “claimed” is to look at the window sticker. Green border means it was special ordered for a customer. Blue means it was ordered by the dealer. Yes, it is dumb that an in-transit car gets listed when it might not show up for a month or more. This Is not a situation unique to Ford. I saw a similar issue for Chevy Bolt EV, and even the Toyota Highlander Hybrid we have.

You won’t get a VIN until your vehicle is scheduled for production. For me, I ordered the car on September 1st, got an e-mail from Ford on October 1st that I was being converted to a 2022 model, and on November 1st got an e-mail that included the VIN and that I was scheduled for production the week of 12/13/21. 3 days later (which was a thursday), I got a subsequent e-mail saying my production week was moved to 1/3/22, where it remained for the next 9 weeks. So basically I had to wait 9 weeks for a VIN and production week. And my VIN and production week were scheduled 9 weeks before the start of production for my car. If it has been less than 2 or 3 months since you ordered, the car, don’t expect any updates for a while.

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
I do start to feel grumpy, even victimized, about two things in particular.
1) the inability to locate useful information about Ford's MME production rates or MME allocation system. (The potential buyer is in an information void until you get a VIN.) There seems little to be done about this, except complain to behemoth FoMoCo, some day, and continue to search for "inside" or 3rd party sources of information about what's going on with Ford MME production. IMHO, Ford's predicted delivery dates, 20+ to 28+ weeks should be supported with current numbers, such as: monthly production goals, number of orders pending, and proportion of production going to US, Canada, Europe. Any links or information sources on these subjects would be welcome.
I think this is big ask of Ford. Some of the information you are requesting (targeted production rates, how allocation works, number of orders, etc) could be considered to be proprietary information. You might find some of it in Ford’s quarterly SEC filings, however. The lack of information for an ordered car is hardly unique to Ford. I’ve seen it for Mini and Toyota for cars that I’ve ordered.

Gixxer750

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 VW Golf R; 2021 ER AWD Rapid Red
Occupation
Innovation Guru
Country flag
Ah shit sorry Jim. Hope it's just a computer glitch and it shows up at the original time (or earlier!)
Thanks, man. I hope so as well. I asked my dealer for a shot of the VVR. We'll see what it says.

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
Thanks, man. I hope so as well. I asked my dealer for a shot of the VVR. We'll see what it says.
I asked mine for a VVR report. He refused to give me any specifics or screenshots. Just that the car has been built and the ETA is still 2/22/22.

astronut325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium, Toyota Camry, Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Software analyst
Country flag
Has there been any word on the production ramp up? Ford wants to delivery 200K Mach-Es this year correct? Any news on this? Or did I completely misunderstand their ramp-up and they're planning to be at a 200K/year production RATE by this December?

Gixxer750

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 VW Golf R; 2021 ER AWD Rapid Red
Occupation
Innovation Guru
Country flag
I asked mine for a VVR report. He refused to give me any specifics or screenshots. Just that the car has been built and the ETA is still 2/22/22.
That's crap... I don't see why some don't share. Is it that they don't know how or can't be bothered?
Thankfully mine has given me VVR info in the past. Hope they will again.

atacama

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Specialized Diverge gravel bike
Country flag
Has there been any word on the production ramp up? Ford wants to delivery 200K Mach-Es this year correct? Any news on this? Or did I completely misunderstand their ramp-up and they're planning to be at a 200K/year production RATE by this December?
It’s the latter. I was relying on that fact when trying to calculate (guess) when the federal tax credit starts sunsetting - another thread in this forum.

I felt pretty good about getting the full credit then (a couple weeks ago) for my 12/28 order - Premium ER AWD. However now having read even more stories of horrible delays, I’m not so sure. Then again, a slow down in MME sales due to production delays will only be a problem for tax credit purposes if other FMC EVs (Lightning, Transit) miraculously hit impressive production numbers when they’re released in late spring (?). Or if FMC prioritizes GT & Select over Premium. And I do hear grumblings from Premium orderers about GT prioritization…

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I think this is big ask of Ford. Some of the information you are requesting (targeted production rates, how allocation works, number of orders, etc) could be considered to be proprietary information. You might find some of it in Ford’s quarterly SEC filings, however. The lack of information for an ordered car is hardly unique to Ford. I’ve seen it for Mini and Toyota for cars that I’ve ordered.
Thanks for the reply. I'm learning a lot, maybe more than I ever wanted to know, on this forum. I've daydreamed about ordering a second MME from a different dealer (with a much lower deposit requirement) and better customer service. (Prem AWD ER pre-price rise vs CalRte 1 AWD post-price rise). Cost would be about the same with no ADM. The theory is that "faster" delivery of CalRte 1 than Premium and higher priority for some dealers over others. Since I'm unable to assess whether Ford's predicted delivery times actually mean anything and since I'm unable to assess the meaningful differences between dealers, just waiting seems to be the answer.
Sponsored