AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
I jinxed myself. Today is day 1 past my ETA, still in transit. Grumpiness continues for me. This snow / ice storm probably is the delay.
Same. I escalated my concerns about long term transit and storage of our EVs to Ford. Got a case number and everything with an email about a solution and updates in the interim. That was 3 days ago and no updates.
Sponsored

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
My grumpiness has turned to fear of regret, if I pickup a car that looses 12v power and then wonder why I gave up a perfectly good working car for that. Fear, and yes hope for a happy ending too.
Just posted about this same fear.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Got one day past expected delivery with my car 12 miles from my dealer and Ford sends out the automated email to expect my car March 10. :rolleyes:

The bigger issue is Ford’s response to my concerns that long term cold exposure without conditioning could adversely effect the battery. Ford’s response: “well you have a warranty.” I accused them of taking the Tesla route and admitting there might be problems and giving me the pleasure of inconvenience while they fix it.

solarmoo900

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE AWD ER
Country flag
Got a text from my dealership today saying they got a shipment of MachEs, then similar to a story in here was informed none of them were mine. They are also very insistent that there is no way to track a car during shipment so right now have no idea where mine is. Have a road trip planned for next week but looking like my car might just miss it

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Got a text from my dealership today saying they got a shipment of MachEs, then similar to a story in here was informed none of them were mine. They are also very insistent that there is no way to track a car during shipment so right now have no idea where mine is. Have a road trip planned for next week but looking like my car might just miss it
Yeah similar story here. Got a call that was a false alarm (someone else’s car). The dealer reporting that his system says the car is still at the factory (though it appears to have hit KC). He can’t see anything more in his system, and the delivery window starts tomorrow. Sigh.

Beege

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Santa Fe Sport, 2002 Mustang GT Convertible
Country flag
My MME build of 12-17, shipped 1-5 is depreciating faster then my delivery. It’s been from Mexico to DE back to KC and now stuck in MO.

My rant really is that builds way after mine are being delivered as I type.

soon I know
My FE was built 12/18 and shipped 1/5. Was delivered to Speedway, and then Richards Gebaur in MO.

departed MO Feb 9th, and was last seen in Muscatine Iowa on its way up to Canada. I’ll get an update from my dealer tomorrow. See if there has been any progress

is still listed in Fords system as “On Stopship”.

I have to tell you I am very nervous reading about owners having bad experiences with the 12 volt battery discharging and the vehicle not starting. 12/18 vehicles are in the grouping that got held up for Quality Checks. I will not be happy if my brand new high tech vehicle can not get out of the garage. Or leaves me stranded.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Got one day past expected delivery with my car 12 miles from my dealer and Ford sends out the automated email to expect my car March 10. :rolleyes:

The bigger issue is Ford’s response to my concerns that long term cold exposure without conditioning could adversely effect the battery. Ford’s response: “well you have a warranty.” I accused them of taking the Tesla route and admitting there might be problems and giving me the pleasure of inconvenience while they fix it.
Interesting, I have not gotten a similar note, but the Ford tracker updated to say "2 more days". Maybe I will eventually get an email, or the car, or the floor mats I ordered to at least remember my car by ?

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My FE was built 12/18 and shipped 1/5. Was delivered to Speedway, and then Richards Gebaur in MO.

departed MO Feb 9th, and was last seen in Muscatine Iowa on its way up to Canada. I’ll get an update from my dealer tomorrow. See if there has been any progress

is still listed in Fords system as “On Stopship”.

I have to tell you I am very nervous reading about owners having bad experiences with the 12 volt battery discharging and the vehicle not starting. 12/18 vehicles are in the grouping that got held up for Quality Checks. I will not be happy if my brand new high tech vehicle can not get out of the garage. Or leaves me stranded.
It appears once it has Stopship it does not come off, mine was delivered and it never fell off. Your reading a small fraction of folks who have had 12V issues, and I am very confident that Ford will resolve them all very quickly. This is a new car, when your developing anything in the modern world it's going to have glitches because you can't account for every difference in the real world. Some MME's are draining the battery, for one reason or another. Again Ford is working on it and I am sure by the time you take delivery if the MME was impact it will be updated. We are not sure if this impacts a subset of VIN's or all. Right now it appears it's a subset which will be corrected with software. In my case it appears a gateway module needs to be replaced so I am in a different situation. It's possible it's all related, will see.

Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4x Premium Edition, Explorer Sport
Country flag
Don't mind me, just sitting here refreshing my monroney sticker every hour to see if it is finally there.

Juan-Marco

First Name
Juan-Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5
Country flag
I've been patiently waiting on my 15/12 built , shipped 05/01, and it finally moved from KC on 12/02.
ETA has been for months on 17/02, but alas, was changed yesterday to 02/03.
Sudden today says 30/03.!!!!!
4 more weeks? why?
Really makes me concerned that there is something wrong with this car.
I understand all the complex global issues etc. involved, but who can blame a guy for being angry that all this happens without any communication from anyone involved in production, transport or sale of my car.

Dylanfan71

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Bullitt
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
On 2/15 Palsapp.com said "Dispatched on Feb 15". Ford tracking says delivery on 2/23.
Today, Palsapp says it was delivered to Roush Industries....obviously not my dealer. Contacting the dealer and he has no idea what's going on.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Interesting, I have not gotten a similar note, but the Ford tracker updated to say "2 more days". Maybe I will eventually get an email, or the car, or the floor mats I ordered to at least remember my car by ?
I figured out why the site (https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/status) says 2 days left when I've gone past my ETA. The JS code subtracts ETA minus "today" and then takes the absolute value of that. So, as you go past your ETA day, the days left will INCREASE on the page.

from ford.min.js:
JavaScript:
function getdaysToDelivery(etaEndDate) {
    var deliveryDate = new Date(etaEndDate),
        today = new Date();
    var timeDiff = Math.abs(deliveryDate.getTime() - today.getTime());
    var diffDays = Math.ceil(timeDiff / (1000 * 3600 * 24));
    return diffDays;
};

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
I've been patiently waiting on my 15/12 built , shipped 05/01, and it finally moved from KC on 12/02.
ETA has been for months on 17/02, but alas, was changed yesterday to 02/03.
Sudden today says 30/03.!!!!!
4 more weeks? why?
Really makes me concerned that there is something wrong with this car.
I understand all the complex global issues etc. involved, but who can blame a guy for being angry that all this happens without any communication from anyone involved in production, transport or sale of my car.
The snow / ice storm hit KC this past week. I doubt your delivery date will really move out that much. But, you were unfortunate to have your car arrive in KC right before the storm.
Sponsored