digdug52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E 4X, 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Finally! Car showed up at the dealer today. Spent 5 minutes with Bullet after he came out of pre delivery inspection but before he gets washed. Will take delivery tomorrow
Congratulations, I know this has been quite the ride for you, especially after last week's storm mess.
Interested in how your delivery process goes since I will be dealing with Five Star NRH in a few weeks.
Sponsored

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Congratulations, I know this has been quite the ride for you, especially after last week's storm mess.
Interested in how your delivery process goes since I will be dealing with Five Star NRH in a few weeks.
Will do. I’m pretty proactive with them but they have appreciated that so far. When dealer drove the car around today to show me, she stepped out of the car and said “maybe you should give me the walk around”

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
This gives me hope that I will eventually maybe get my car one day. Hopefully.
But clearly not "today" :) Another day of silence from my dealer, think he ghosted me. Today is day 6 past my ETA date :(. Meanwhile, my extra FOB and cargo liner have come in, and my Juicebox is mounted and connected to my WiFi. So, I have a charger to charge a car that I don't own. I have a key fob to open a car I don't own. And, I have a cargo mat to go in the trunk compartment of a car I don't own. Finally, my personalized plates arrived at my local DMV, so I have plates for a car that I don't own.

I guess I should be happy though, unlike @PMDGator I do have a garage (again though for the car that I don't own).

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Here's a picture of my new FE in my new garage! Both were supposed to be here by the end of 2020, but like all things 2020, it wasn't meant to be. My car has been built (apparently 191 days from my order), and even made it to Kansas City, but my dealer has not been able to track it down. Now between permits, etc, my garage should be completed by mid-March, likely after my car arrives!?!
IMG_20201224_154527077.jpg
That Wonder Woman Invis Jet color is fabulous.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Ford canceled my reservation for no reason. Had to re-reserve and now I have a much later reservation number. The dealer said they’ll try to link the old number with the new one but I doubt they will be able to. I got no explanation as to why Ford canceled it
In a case like that, how is Ford not finding a car on a dealers lot and selling it to you? Sorry. That is so f'd up.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I've become less grumpy watching the teething problems show up. That and expected arrival of the car less than 6 days away. Now more concerned about writing that check to the dealer... ?

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
In a case like that, how is Ford not finding a car on a dealers lot and selling it to you? Sorry. That is so f'd up.
Hard to find a GT right now =)

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
OK, I received the email from Ford that my Mach-E is built.

GOOD NEWS!!!!

Delivery won't be for 6 weeks?!?!?!

That is simply ridiculous. Ford needs to work on that............

My grumpy post for today.

Jim

Juan-Marco

First Name
Juan-Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5
Country flag
OK, I received the email from Ford that my Mach-E is built.

GOOD NEWS!!!!

Delivery won't be for 6 weeks?!?!?!

That is simply ridiculous. Ford needs to work on that............

My grumpy post for today.

Jim
I would kill for 6 weeks
Try built Dec 15th, ETA March 30th.
I'll trade my 14 weeks for your 6 any day

Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4x Premium Edition, Explorer Sport
Country flag
All that refreshing has finally paid off. My window sticker is now available. I'm excited to continue my refreshing for different reasons.

#Stillgrumpy

RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Well I've been anxiously anticipating my car showing up just like everyone else for months and months, but I think this week things have swapped over to grumpiness, to the point that I am almost starting to sour on at least the process. I know the car will be great once I get it, but Ford really should do better with information in this whole process. I got a call from my dealer last Saturday saying they should have the car sometime early in the week. It finally felt real. I was getting pretty pumped.

Then I got an email from my actual salesman on Tuesday saying the car had been unloaded at the rail yard and that it would be 3 to 5 days to get my car. I've been hoping that a few more of the steps of this journey were going to be underpromise/overdeliver situations but here we are on Saturday, and I haven't heard from them. I was hoping to take the car on a trip out of town next weekend, but I really would rather drive it around town a bit before taking it on a 4 hour road trip.

My car was built 1/15, shipped 1/23, and is due today/tomorrow depending on which server is negotiating time. I completely understand that there has been some shit weather between here and there over the last month or so, but my goodness it seems like every step has been worst case scenario.

Now I'm worried the car will show up and have a buzzing screen or the wind noise at the roofline and I am going to have to decide if I want to accept it or not.
Sponsored