Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag
How long from order to a scheduled production date? I’m 5 weeks out from dealer accepted order and Ford.com has no estimated production date. Shouldn’t take this long for Ford to figure out when they will make a car.
Im 4 + months since order and haven't heard a thing ....... patience grashooper !
Sponsored

RonOinAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Premium 4X
Country flag
How long from order to a scheduled production date? I’m 5 weeks out from dealer accepted order and Ford.com has no estimated production date. Shouldn’t take this long for Ford to figure out when they will make a car.
The dealer accepted my Premium 4X order on May 5 and it hasn't yet been scheduled for production. It's been 19 weeks. Factors that affect the delay include the configuration you ordered and the state where you live. Your name implies you're in CT and if that's the case, you're in a better position because CT is one of the dozen or so states that adopted the Zero Emission Vehicle program.

kulaga

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium ER Grey, 2023 MME GT Black
Country flag
Soon to be 6 or 8 less grumpy people. Just passed a car carrier fully loaded with MMEs getting on the highway from the Avon Lake railroad transfer station. Heading west on I-90...

kwkslvr

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT, a few others
Occupation
Business Owner / Engineer
Country flag
Dealer accepted order on May 8. Production week of August 16. ETA at dealer was 10/2 to 10/9. ETA just pushed out to 10/31. Mine is a Rapid Red GT coming to Chicago suburb. No possible way to predict when I’ll see the car. I was able to print my Monroney sticker.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I ordered on the same date as @Davedough and was notified in mid-August that my production week would be end of September. It has since been pushed back to October. Oh, and my mom has kicked the bucket so she won’t get the ride in my GT-PE that I promised her.

Get off my lawn you pesky kids!

jjhenry

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT, '69 Chevy C20, '99 Rodeo, '09 Vespa
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I don't know where to post this, but here it is: My dealer called today to tell me there is a Mach e GT available with a $21,664!!!!! ADM. She knows I just wanted to drive one when one came in, so I went over and took it for a drive. Star White.
Thanks for the heads up! I went and test drove it today. It was great, but now I'm grumpy that I still have to wait for mine. On the other hand there is light at the end of the tunnel. My ship date from the factory was yesterday.

jjhenry

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT, '69 Chevy C20, '99 Rodeo, '09 Vespa
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I ordered on the same date as @Davedough and was notified in mid-August that my production week would be end of September. It has since been pushed back to October. Oh, and my mom has kicked the bucket so she won’t get the ride in my GT-PE that I promised her.

My condolences on your mother's passing. I know how much that ride meant to you.

I feel a bit guilty that my car order got scheduled ahead of people that had reservations and ordered earlier. I swear I have zero pull with Ford.

JediGamerCT

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Flex
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
The dealer accepted my Premium 4X order on May 5 and it hasn't yet been scheduled for production. It's been 19 weeks. Factors that affect the delay include the configuration you ordered and the state where you live. Your name implies you're in CT and if that's the case, you're in a better position because CT is one of the dozen or so states that adopted the Zero Emission Vehicle program.
Sorry, CT is my initials. I’m actually in California.

JediGamerCT

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Flex
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag

My condolences, I’m very sorry you won’t be able to give your mom a ride in the car. I withdraw my complaint over 5 weeks.

My only other experience ordering a brand new car was a 2010 Camaro SS that took 4 months from order to delivery. I just need to adjust my expectations given the chip shortage…and hope I can find one elsewhere that has the exact build we are looking for already on a lot.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well I received a pleasant surprise when I checked my email this morning. My Space White GT is now officially "Built" and estimated delivery date to dealer is 10/25/2021. I also got the roughly 45ft of conduit in the ground this weekend to run the 240V circuit to the garage. I better get busy pulling wire now.
Curious as to when you ordered the car

thanks and congrats

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Found the car I want close by but they want 4K ADM. so no go. Probably why it is still on their lot. also seems to be 600 cheaper to the one I priced so it must have been built a while ago.

looks like I will just have to wait for my car to be built.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I’m starting to realize there are stages to the grumpiness. Last night I found myself shopping ICE cars in the same price range. I need some movement on my order. My will is beginning to slip because a 2022 Audi RS3 looks pretty fine

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag
I’m starting to realize there are stages to the grumpiness. Last night I found myself shopping ICE cars in the same price range. I need some movement on my order. My will is beginning to slip because a 2022 Audi RS3 looks pretty fine
Im getting so disgusted that I went and test drove 2 Teslas

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
If I am looking at ICE cars it will be another classic pony car or muscle car, not new.

Still grumpier than all get-out waiting to hear anything about my MME. I didn’t even get notified about the production week reassignments.
Sponsored