jddrews

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
So I just got the "Your order was updated" email that several others have mentioned. And like others, no actual change on my status pages. Still just shows production week of 9/27 and that's it. Hopefully something changes soon.
Check your Ford Pass app and see if the Activate Vehicle button has appeared. (If you haven't already, you'll need to download app and add a vehicle with your VIN). The prompt showed up on the same day I received the email from Ford.

Two days later dates appeared under the "In Production" and "Delivery" headings on the Ford Order tracker site. I bet you'll be at that stage within a day or two.

I'm expecting to see checkmarks under "Built" within a few days.
Sponsored

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Check your Ford Pass app and see if the Activate Vehicle button has appeared. (If you haven't already, you'll need to download app and add a vehicle with your VIN). The prompt showed up on the same day I received the email from Ford.

Two days later dates appeared under the "In Production" and "Delivery" headings on the Ford Order tracker site. I bet you'll be at that stage within a day or two.

Oh, thanks for reminding me to send my daily activation to my car

jglor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Dark Matter Gray RWD Mach-E
Country flag

Just after midnight last night the "In Production" date appeared with yesterday's date, and I now have an estimated delivery date of 11/26. Black Friday. Or should I say Dark Matter Gray Friday?

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
Anyone else fluctuate between "OMG I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS CAR GIMME GIMME GIMME" to "oh no I read/watched a review that had a slight critique of the car and now I'm scared I'm going to hate it"?

I've been watching so many youtube videos while I wait for my order to come in and when people are saying good things about it I get so excited for it to come in. But then I'll hear someone complain about the brakes or the bouncy ride and suddenly I'm going through every worst case scenario in my head about when I take delivery.

I just need this thing to come in already

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Anyone else fluctuate between "OMG I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS CAR GIMME GIMME GIMME" to "oh no I read/watched a review that had a slight critique of the car and now I'm scared I'm going to hate it"?

I've been watching so many youtube videos while I wait for my order to come in and when people are saying good things about it I get so excited for it to come in. But then I'll hear someone complain about the brakes or the bouncy ride and suddenly I'm going through every worst case scenario in my head about when I take delivery.

I'm fairly certain there are steps to car ordering much like the steps to grief. You're in the early stages. I've gone through that. Now I'm just in the "acceptance" phase. I can't even get excited anymore (that's a lie, I am obsessed) because I keep thinking it'll be real once I see it with my own two eyes.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I'm fairly certain there are steps to car ordering much like the steps to grief. You're in the early stages. I've gone through that. Now I'm just in the "acceptance" phase. I can't even get excited anymore (that's a lie, I am obsessed) because I keep thinking it'll be real once I see it with my own two eyes.
Mine is feeling like it might be real, but I can’t tell since the window sticker I found at 01:00 this morning only has my VIN, order number (yay, I finally have a 4-digit order number), destination state, MSRP, and ramp number RU84.

of course, this might mean that they’re charging me $66K for the PDF. ?

jddrews

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
Just after midnight last night the "In Production" date appeared with yesterday's date, and I now have an estimated delivery date of 11/26. Black Friday. Or should I say Dark Matter Gray Friday?
Dark Matter Gray for the win.

It really starts getting fun now. @Davedough is right, though, it’s been so long that I’m numb to the wait. 60 days you say? No problem!

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag

I sorta go in with very low expectations...It's not a perfect car (none really are), but coming from a Bolt EV, as long as it doesn't spontaneously catch fire and doesn't have any major lifestyle changing requirements on issues, I think I can live with most things that has popped up. I just need to get from A > B.

The delays are well known, it's still a SUV...Price is competitive, didn't go in expecting 400+ range, etc...(like the Lucid cars).

If this was the $2.4 mil Rimac Nevera, yeah, I'd expect it to be near perfect.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
My car has finally made it out of Mexico and has arrived in KC. Now the trek to Seattle. Can't wait!
So if I put your timeline on top of mine, my car should arrive in KC on the 11th. Good, another date to look forward to and get grumpy over when it doesn't hit

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
Well, more grumpiness for me! just received an email stating my MME 21' is now a 22'!
At first I thought this was going to delay things but the email states I will not lose my place in line. ( yeah sure, tell me another one)
On a brighter note, I will be stopping in to the dealer to amend my order to drop the Star white and go with the Grabber Blue and delete the interior protection package. (i'll buy it separately) All told the price is lower than my 21 model since there is no extra cost for the Grabber Blue paint vs the Star White. Oh and did I mention that they are also giving me a $750 credit to boot!
Still grumpy but the fact I'm not getting a 21 model car at the end of 2021 helps, but it does delay my Fed credit for another year if it shows up after 1/1/22

Tony

SEH70

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE Performance ER
Country flag
I had the same phenomenon, a got an 11/15 production week - finally - after ordering on 4/30/21. (Prem ER AWD, Dark Matter Grey)

But here's the thing - It's a clear sign that Ford has given me Stockholm syndrome that I was more grateful for the production date than I was angry at the likelihood it won't get here in 2021!

Strategery.
I have the same order and production date as you do. I’m hoping I get a new car for Christmas.

JcMarin

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT, Mustang EcoBoost, F-Type
Occupation
Telecom
Country flag
Dark Matter Gray for the win.

It really starts getting fun now. @Davedough is right, though, it’s been so long that I’m numb to the wait. 60 days you say? No problem!
Dam, my order is supposed to enter production week of 10/11 (hope it happens) but 60 days after that for delivery seems like an eternity!

I guess I should just be happy if it happens in 60 instead of getting parked in Mexico without a chip for another 2 months or something

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas :rolleyes:

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
thought about switching to the new blue option, but i like DGM better. looks better imo.

i was upgraded (haha right) to a 2022 as well. no biggie, i knew it wasn't coming this year.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
thought about switching to the new blue option, but i like DGM better. looks better imo.

i was upgraded (haha right) to a 2022 as well. no biggie, i knew it wasn't coming this year.
Keep Dark Matter Grey. It looks so good
Sponsored