Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Heh, I just made a mini-rant on his pick-up thread. I am seriously happy for him. I am seriously grumpy with @Ford Motor Company for de-prioritizing us with reservations.

Get off my lawn you pesky kids!
I've contemplated giving up several times but there are several factors keeping me engaged. I know I want an EV to be my next car, period. But, there's nothing out right now that I want besides the Mach E GT that matches the style and performance I'm after for my budget. And I'm not interested in starting the waiting game over again on other cars that are set to come out soon.
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I've contemplated giving up several times but there are several factors keeping me engaged. I know I want an EV to be my next car, period. But, there's nothing out right now that I want besides the Mach E GT that matches the style and performance I'm after for my budget. And I'm not interested in starting the waiting game over again on other cars that are set to come out soon.
Yeah, I am staying the course with my GT-PE because there is nothing else to get. I won’t be in the market for another vehicle for a while, but seriously considering not a Ford because of this.

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
I feel for all of you still waiting. It sucks. All I can offer is that it is well worth the wait. You will love whatever version you have on order. I have 1,000 miles on mine with 0 issues! Later builds seem to be experiencing less issues. So hang in there and do not give up now!

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Finally got the bullet moved to "Shipped"...

Mockstang

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER, 1967 V8 4bbl
Occupation
Pro
Every two weeks since June my ETA has gotten pushed back two weeks. Today it got pushed back 4 days. Now every 4 days I’ll expect it to be pushed back 4 days.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Having a hard time rationalizing that new thread of the guy picking up his GT today. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the person. But, it appears he waltzed into a dealer, placed an order and has a car before people like us who reserved over a year ago. Its frustrating realizing that reserving and ordering at given times are simply arbitrary. This is not how one builds loyalty to a brand.
Been 21 months since I reserved my GT. Still waiting.

Mockstang

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER, 1967 V8 4bbl
Occupation
Pro
Every two weeks since June my ETA has gotten pushed back two weeks. Today it got pushed back 4 days. Now every 4 days I’ll expect it to be pushed back 4 days.
Correction, this AM when I tracked on the Ford site it said ETA 10/11 (prior 10/4). Just now I got an email from Ford saying 10/18.

jglor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Dark Matter Gray RWD Mach-E
Country flag
First they didn't have chips and produced the cars without them. Then they got the chips and used them in both waiting and the cars on the production line. And the number of cars that became ready for shipment at that time exceeded the transportation capacity, so here comes another bottleneck. What cars go thru it first? Who knows. But definitely it's not base on the order date.
I think it's pretty clear that cars coming off the line are getting chips and the cars that were built earlier and are just waiting for chips are getting the leftovers. My car was built in 2 days (Sept 30 - Oct 1) and shipped 3 days later (yesterday, Oct 4). I ordered it on June 20. I got the chip hold email in August, but clearly my car didn't actually have to wait.
It sucks for you and I'm sorry that they're doing it this way.

jeffMachE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, XC60, RR Prem Ex4 (rcvd 11/21)
Country flag
Well, another morning of hoping that palsapp updated at midnight and my car has arrived and been moved. Alas, nothing but nulls. Day 16 of waiting since shipped.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Heh, I have a bullet under “In Production.” Not sure that I can believe it since it has been there since I was assigned a production week.

Get off my lawn you pesky kids!

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
If it makes anyone feel better, at least you didn’t order a Tesla. This month marks five years since Elon sold a bag of lies to the tune of $10,000 per user as a non transferable licensing fee for full self driving that still doesn’t exist and may never.