spanky99L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti Q50, F250, 2000 Lightning
Occupation
I Blow Stuff Up
Country flag
I keep checking sites multiple times per day, but I'm not sure what to check right now. My order is from April, and my ship date was 9/25. It arrived in Kansas City on 10/7 and is headed to Surprise, AZ. Unfortunately, the Ford dealer in Surprise (Phoenix suburb), despite having virtually no inventory to sell, has precious little time to hold the hand of someone like me. I get information when I ask for it, and if they can't find it quickly and easily, they promise to "check" but then never call me again.
We may be on the same train to Az. My ship date from the factory was 9/24 and moved in Palsapp on 10/12. As of Friday 10/15, The VVR shows it was loaded onto a train on 10/12 and hasnt moved since.
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Just got our first build date bump (10/25 to 11/5) so I guess I can officially join the grumpy club, even if others have it far worse.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Just got our first build date bump (10/25 to 11/5) so I guess I can officially join the grumpy club, even if others have it far worse.
One delay? Kid stuff! ?

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Going to meet my dealer tomorrow, mostly to discuss my trade-in, both price and the process - it's a lease, so they need to buy it from BMW first. Has anyone done that? Anything I need to pay attention to?

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
Today its been twenty weeks since ordering, then changed to 2022 model year, then hopes of production starting 11/27, now production wont start until 12/29!
I have reached "Pro Grumpiness"
The only saving grace is that I will now have the Grabber Blue I originally wanted when I ordered back in May and FE's were sold out!

Tony

mac123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GT, 05Lexus GX470, Model Y,R1S (order)
Country flag
Going to meet my dealer tomorrow, mostly to discuss my trade-in, both price and the process - it's a lease, so they need to buy it from BMW first. Has anyone done that? Anything I need to pay attention to?
A bunch of companies prevent 3rd party buyouts of leases, due to the chip shortage. So you might want to check in on that directly with BMW. If BMW allows third party lease buyoffs, get a quote from carmax or carvana too. I have a friend who got out of a tesla lease by selling it to carmax, and made some seriously good money out of it.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
A bunch of companies prevent 3rd party buyouts of leases, due to the chip shortage. So you might want to check in on that directly with BMW. If BMW allows third party lease buyoffs, get a quote from carmax or carvana too. I have a friend who got out of a tesla lease by selling it to carmax, and made some seriously good money out of it.
I got a quote from Carvana, and also from the dealership website. Carvana offers 2K more, but they did it based on my own payoff of the lease that includes the tax. When I talked to my dealer 4 months ago, they were able to buy it without adding the sales tax to it, so basically my portion would be the same, unless something has changed recently.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Even grumpier now. In the Ford Options thread a guy posted that he ordered in June and his GT would be delivered by the end of the month. WTF Ford? My order is more than a month out still. Several others who reserved before me are still waiting for their deliveries. ?

Get off my lawn you pesky kids!

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag
Even grumpier now. In the Ford Options thread a guy posted that he ordered in June and his GT would be delivered by the end of the month. WTF Ford? My order is more than a month out still. Several others who reserved before me are still waiting for their deliveries. ?

[/QUOTE]
Yes...a GT ordered almost 6 weeks after mine has been shipped to the dealer, while mine has 6 weeks till even being built. It's just hard , if not impossible to understand the system

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Okay, not as adept as you. "VVR"? I'm not sure what that is.
The "VVR" is the Vehicle Visibility Report. It can only be gotten by your dealer. I think there's an expanded version that can only be had by the dealer's Inventory Manager.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Yes...a GT ordered almost 6 weeks after mine has been shipped to the dealer, while mine has 6 weeks till even being built. It's just hard , if not impossible to understand the system
This is what has me cheesed-off enough with Ford at the moment to not get an F150 Lightning even though I *really* want one.

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
OK *this* makes me grumpy. If @Ford Motor Company can offer the GT with metal roof and Bluecruise, why not the GT-PE?

Not any more. The 2022 GT non-PE now also mandates bundling pano roof if you want Co-Pilot 360 Active 2.0 and 360-degree camera (i.e. BlueCruise functionality). I didn't want the pano roof, but since I wanted BlueCruise, I'll be getting (and paying for) the glass roof when my GT arrives next spring/summer. {Jonathan}
Sponsored