mfbrown

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Prem, RWD, ER; 2023 MME Prem, RWD, ER
Country flag
Yeah, I try not to let it bother me but damnit, it just starts to feel like a complete slap in the face. If I knew I could just waltz in around mid-may, plunk down an order and already have a car, I would have just done that.

Edit: And to make things worse, he's like 35 minutes from me, so its not like its a shorter distance to deliver it
We have all read about the dealer having the ability to set some priority code on orders. I'm beginning to think that some dealers (maybe without any prompting from anyone) raise the priority of their orders while others just leave them at the default set when we place an on line order.

That is the only explanation, besides some production runs of GT or standard battery which may account for specific models coming in sooner or later. But when the exact model you ordered is delivered to someone who ordered later; well, that can only be priority as far as I can tell.
Sponsored

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
We have all read about the dealer having the ability to set some priority code on orders. I'm beginning to think that some dealers (maybe without any prompting from anyone) raise the priority of their orders while others just leave them at the default set when we place an on line order.

That is the only explanation, besides some production runs of GT or standard battery which may account for specific models coming in sooner or later. But when the exact model you ordered is delivered to someone who ordered later; well, that can only be priority as far as I can tell.
That latest thread with the 6’3 dude. He ordered after, got his before and he also is about 1 hour from me. That’s 3 today just like that

jbirdzee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro ER
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
That latest thread with the 6’3 dude. He ordered after, got his before and he also is about 1 hour from me. That’s 3 today just like that
Long time lurker on these forums but first day of posts. it seems you are getting your MME very soon, but following your story and cited examples I am already aggravated on your behalf. If it is of even the smallest bit of comfort, I have a tendency to be a lightning rod of things going wrong - so I am sure over the next year or so my experience will be the showcase no-one wants. I hope you get your GTPE soon and driving it makes you grin.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Yours has got to be almost there, Dave. Rooting for you. Then we can use your bat on you! ??

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Long time lurker on these forums but first day of posts. it seems you are getting your MME very soon, but following your story and cited examples I am already aggravated on your behalf. If it is of even the smallest bit of comfort, I have a tendency to be a lightning rod of things going wrong - so I am sure over the next year or so my experience will be the showcase no-one wants. I hope you get your GTPE soon and driving it makes you grin.
Well welcome and I appreciate your future sacrifices

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Well, I just got an email back from my dealer. A little less to be grumpy about. He said that the last couple of shipments of MMEs did not have the front plate brackets installed by the factory and he'd note on my order not to install it in the PDI. ??

Oh, he also said that MMEs have been taking 2-3 weeks from KC to his dealership, so Dave might be using his bat on me. Hoping Dave gets his first. Otherwise, I'll be grumpy. ??

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I feel the same. At least his order wasn’t like a couple of the June orders that have already been delivered. Those really got me grumpy. ??
As a June order myself, perhaps I can offer some small consolation. My GT has been stalled 30 miles away for a week now, in need only of a jump start. The dealer says they can't get it, Ford has to send a guy to start it, and Ford has so far shown no inclination to do so.

ETA unknown.

jddrews

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
As a June order myself, perhaps I can offer some small consolation. My GT has been stalled 30 miles away for a week now, in need only of a jump start. The dealer says they can't get it, Ford has to send a guy to start it, and Ford has so far shown no inclination to do so.

ETA unknown.
Wow

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag

ETA unknown.
So much for free roadside assistance...

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag

Pretty sure I saw that my dealer had me at the highest priority and I have been skipped as well.

Rfehl62

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
Wow!! Can't believe they were able to do that for you. You need to give a shout out for your dealership, especially if no ADM.
Priority "1" just means it is a retail order. Only other options are "19" which is a stock order and "99" which is for people who want to keep their retail order but want to wait until the next model year comes available.

uncle_0gre

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 Mach 1 428 CJ
Country flag
So, finally there’s modules and an ETA delivery date.

I can hope it’s put on a train soon!!

So, while happy to see progress I’m about to be grumpy again with the next phase. :(

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
So, finally there’s modules and an ETA delivery date.

I can hope it’s put on a train soon!!

So, while happy to see progress I’m about to be grumpy again with the next phase. :(
Trust me, the grump factor increases as the stages move along lol
Sponsored