uncle_0gre

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 Mach 1 428 CJ
Country flag
I'm still amazed i'm only a 8 hr truck haul from Kansas and some how still no car. It says shipped Sept 29 and palsapp has "Null" everything. so 35 days since it shipped and nothing. My dealer cant seem to find anything either. This is making more and more furious being im reading people ordered there cars in May and June and are taking delivery on East and West coast which is a much longer haul and ordered them a month or 2 later. @FordMotorCompany get your ordering shit together. Pretty much what I have seen is for the F150 I'm better off waiting till they start rolling out then order and I somehow skip in front of everyone. This is/was your time to shine for new electric and it is turning into a typical repeat of the 2020 Explorer/Aviator Disaster. Why is it soooooo hard to simply try to provide a good experience.
so one thing that’s been in the back of my mind ever since the recall went out.
I am curious if everyone stuck in the “shipping black hole” is because Ford needs to replace the windows on those recalled cars before they can go to the dealership. So, 1. Trying to find people to do it. 2. Getting enough supplies, 3. Traveling to all the holding spots would cause a significant delay.

This is just me thinking, I have no idea if true or not.
Sponsored

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I got a loan approved for my car thinking it would show up any day now since it’s just sitting in a lot really close to me. I haven’t signed for it yet and the bank just said that expires on the 20th. Beginning to wonder if I won’t make that time frame
You will likely be fine. For dealers right around Delaware vehicles are usually picked up within a couple of days once they are cleared for release. It would likely take longer for you guys further out though, for one thing the driver may not get the benefit of reaching multiple dealers within the same day and still be home for the night - while United Road is responsible for moving the vehicles, in some deliveries it is more likely a broker and the drivers are subcontractors.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
so one thing that’s been in the back of my mind ever since the recall went out.
I am curious if everyone stuck in the “shipping black hole” is because Ford needs to replace the windows on those recalled cars before they can go to the dealership. So, 1. Trying to find people to do it. 2. Getting enough supplies, 3. Traveling to all the holding spots would cause a significant delay.

This is just me thinking, I have no idea if true or not.
While that would really suck, some of the frustration could be mitigated with just an ounce of transparency in communication from Ford

uncle_0gre

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 Mach 1 428 CJ
Country flag
While that would really suck, some of the frustration could be mitigated with just an ounce of transparency in communication from Ford
you, sir, are 100% correct. Just a message saying

"uh-oh, your car was manufactured in this time window and as a result sufferes from a recall, before we can ensure that you can drive your car safely please allow us more time to handle the repairs before we safely ship the car to your dealer"

would go miles toward building trust and confidence with the customer base.

uncle_0gre

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 Mach 1 428 CJ
Country flag
It looks like you can go here: https://www.ford.com/support/recalls-details/<your-vin-goes-here>/

And see if your car suffers from a recall and see the status of it.

I tried and I got this message: "We are not able to retrieve recall information for the VIN you have entered"

But maybe, those of you in the "black hole" can try it and see what shows up?

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
It looks like you can go here: https://www.ford.com/support/recalls-details/<your-vin-goes-here>/

I tried and I got this message: "We are not able to retrieve recall information for the VIN you have entered"

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who haven't gotten their Mach-E's yet to be grumpy in 1635953023408

Oh good, no recalls. That means mine IS literally just sitting and waiting for a trucker to decide to drive my way

az-paco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Prius, '21 MME Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I'm right there with you, even though my order date was later. Is there really no record of a transfer to Argentine Ramp on Palsapp for your car?

Maybe our MMEs will be delivered to Earnhardt on the same truck (today? tomorrow? next week?)

Last update from the dealer for me, it was in Winslow, AZ last Friday. That's a 3 hour drive from here...how long by train/truck?
I received the "Complete your purchase" e-mail from Ford this morning, so I reached out to the dealer. They don't have the car yet and said it's supposed to be transported from Ashfork AZ and could arrive any day/time. The train from Winslow to Ashfork (108 miles) took 5 days, but no telling how long to fill a truck and drive it the last 123 miles to Chandler. Maybe tomorrow!

Crow979

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT Performance (on order)
Country flag
Seems to be an ever-enlarging club in the same condition.
At this point, if I understand the Palsapp "Bayed" date and "Picked" status correctly, my car arrived in KC on 10/26. I believe that it will be traveling by truck to Minnesota from KC (as other MMEs have), so it is just waiting for a truck and some traveling partners. So frustrating...

Fatawan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-250 Tremor, 2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Mine was built 8/27, shipped 10/9, expected delivery 11/16-11/22, yet Palsapp still shows "pending" and bayed date of "null". I have simmering grumpy issues.

Todd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EV6 GT
Country flag
Well, at least your car has 'shipped'. :)

Even though Ford communication has been terrible, they have finally sent an email giving a product date and VIN!

And now all of the sudden, I'm getting lots of communication. Not sure what's going on, but I'll take over communication with nothing.

It's been almost an entire year of hearing nothing, so I'm pretty excited.

My order was moved to a 2022 which I'm happy about actually. And the color was updated from Silver to "Space White Metallic" which I'm even more excited about.

Unfortunately, a cyber-orange or that awesome blue will get LEO attention which I don't want :)

I may only be in this grumpy thread another year...

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge St, 2021 Lincoln Aviator BL GT
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag

I have had my car added to my ford pass for a while and while it wont track because it is not activated it will show recalls for it and it shows nothing

Jeremy

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium DMG AWD SR
Country flag
At this point, if I understand the Palsapp "Bayed" date and "Picked" status correctly, my car arrived in KC on 10/26. I believe that it will be traveling by truck to Minnesota from KC (as other MMEs have), so it is just waiting for a truck and some traveling partners. So frustrating...
I hope you are correct and that my MME is transport buddies with yours to Minnesota.