Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang convertible, Space White Premium MME Ex
Occupation
retired RN
Country flag
Awesome, you too!
I just tried and this is the response I got “Network response was not valid JSON”
Could it be because I am on the road and not hooked up to a Wi-Fi?
TIA
Sponsored

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
I can relate unfortunately . I am hoping as we see more April orders with October/November builds moving forward, we are not far behind. I was foolish enough to sell my car December 3, thinking I was actually getting delivery. Sharing a car is a true test of my marriage?
Oh, what fun! ;) I was fortunate in that the only misguided thing I did when taking my ETA too seriously was to fully detail my car for trade-in, both inside and out. Needless to say, I'm now holding off on repeating that mistake until I actually get a 100% "yes, it's here and ready" from my dealer. Then, and only then will I break out the vacuum, cleaners, Q-tips, etc!

NormaV

First Name
Norma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired RN
Country flag
Oh, what fun! ;) I was fortunate in that the only misguided thing I did when taking my ETA too seriously was to fully detail my car for trade-in, both inside and out. Needless to say, I'm now holding off on repeating that mistake until I actually get a 100% "yes, it's here and ready" from my dealer. Then, and only then will I break out the vacuum, cleaners, Q-tips, etc!
Before you trade in your car, I would recommend checking out Carvana to sell to. The sale price they give is unbelievable. They gave me $2500 more than the Ford dealership! And picked it up.

YaRu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I just tried and this is the response I got “Network response was not valid JSON”
Could it be because I am on the road and not hooked up to a Wi-Fi?
TIA
Sometimes the site is glitchy, I was having issues earlier even on wifi, maybe try later when stopped with decent signal.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Before you trade in your car, I would recommend checking out Carvana to sell to. The sale price they give is unbelievable. They gave me $2500 more than the Ford dealership! And picked it up.
Strange but Ford was giving me more than Carvana or any of them including Porsche , and the car was a Porsche Macan, plus when u factor in the sales tax savings my dealership couldn’t be beat

NormaV

First Name
Norma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired RN
Country flag
I'm in a similar situation with my delivery posted as week of 01.24. Haven't gotten my current car detailed yet. My thought is to have offers for my car from the online dealers etc. in hand before I make delivery arrangements as protection against my dealer under-offering me on my trade-in. Do you think I should wait or just go ahead and get it detailed or wait or go in and get an appraisal/offer from the dealer before delivery day?
Carvana honors their offer for 30 days as long as you don’t go more than 1000 miles over what your original mileage is. But I would have been past the 30 days from my original ETA if I waited?

mlhunt856

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium 4X, 2021 GT
Country flag
(My original post, which I deleted because I wanted to rephrase it, reposted in the interest of thread clarity--)
I'm in a similar situation with my delivery posted as week of 01.24. Haven't gotten my current car detailed yet. My thought is to have offers for my car from the online dealers etc. in hand before I make delivery arrangements as protection against my dealer under-offering me on my trade-in. Do you think I should wait or just go ahead and get it detailed or wait or go in and get an appraisal/offer from the dealer before delivery day?
To which @NormaV responded

Carvana honors their offer for 30 days as long as you don’t go more than 1000 miles over what your original mileage is. But I would have been past the 30 days from my original ETA if I waited?
I actually reached out to one or two of the internet dealers a month or so ago just to see where the market is. They were offering some pretty good prices, quite a bit over what I paid to buy the car outright off my lease. At the very least having offers in hand would offer some leverage, or at least the ability not to go into the acquisition appt feeling like the dealer has leverage with regard to what they offer on the trade.

Last edited:

mlhunt856

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium 4X, 2021 GT
Country flag
(My original post, which I deleted because I wanted to rephrase it, reposted in the interest of thread clarity--)

To which @NormaV responded

I actually reached out to one or two of the internet dealers a month or so ago just to see where the market is. They were offering some pretty good prices, quite a bit over what I paid to buy the car outright off my lease. At the very least having offers in hand would offer some leverage, or at least the ability not to go into the acquisition appt feeling like the dealer has leverage with regard to what they offer on the trade.
BTW, if you ever want to see a salesperson give you a sour look, go in and tell them you want to buy a car outright before the lease termination date. This denies them the opportunity to either get the car back and inventory it or engage you on financing to buy the car.

My dealer was polite but definitely gave off a vibe of not being happy to be doing the deal.

And the dealership wasn't very communicative/helpful with regard to getting the car reregistered to me or delivering the title once it came in from Ford, though to be fair I wouldn't hazard a guess as to whether this was out of sour grapes or because they don't deal with this scenario very often. They definitely seemed to be thrown by my willingness to buy the car out for cash at the outset of this negotiation.

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Is this a cruel joke by @Ford Motor Company ?

Yesterday the status of my Mach-E finally moved from 'on hold' to 'pending pickup.' This morning? Back 'on hold.'

Yesterday I was feeling fairly confident in my 1/3-1/9 ETA, but not any more! o_O

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who haven't gotten their Mach-E's yet to be grumpy in cruel-joke

NormaV

First Name
Norma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired RN
Country flag

Yesterday the status of my Mach-E finally moved from 'on hold' to 'pending pickup.' This morning? Back 'on hold.'

Yesterday I was feeling fairly confident in my 1/3-1/9 ETA, but not any more! o_O

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who haven't gotten their Mach-E's yet to be grumpy in cruel-joke
Oh I am so sad for you (& me). I soon may use harsh words to describe FMC. Hang in there my virtual friend from MA

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
Good morning Kenneth,
This is what showed up on my cell phone when I did it, right under destination where I circled in red came up the register email field…don’t know if it could be the browser you are using, I looked it up using safari.
Use your phone. On windows laptop would NOT see the register button, but on iphone it worked.

BillPitman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape, ‘21 J2 Space White Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Ridiculous, they’re probably having Bubba from Podunk garage going out to fix our cars?!
I went on line to order another exact same car, price is now $2500 more……Bill

ChrisSJR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Space White RWD ER (Spark-E), 2004 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
WTF!!! Today my delivery date moved from this week to 2/2-2/7 2022. A whole month shift. Thanks to "oadesign" for determining that my car is "on hold" in New Castle, DE but I have no idea why Ford is still holding it there. My car has been sitting in DE since mid-November so now it will be there for almost 3 months, if not longer. I am starting to wonder if it has more problems than just the seatbelt recall???? Ordered 5/17/2021, built 10/25/21, shipped 10/27/21, delivered??????

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
WTF!!! Today my delivery date moved from this week to 2/2-2/7 2022. A whole month shift. Thanks to "oadesign" for determining that my car is "on hold" in New Castle, DE but I have no idea why Ford is still holding it there. My car has been sitting in DE since mid-November so now it will be there for almost 3 months, if not longer. I am starting to wonder if it has more problems than just the seatbelt recall???? Ordered 5/17/2021, built 10/25/21, shipped 10/27/21, delivered??????
There seem to be extended delays with cars moving through DE, as @connoisseurr can attest.

YaRu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Sorry to hear that :( how do you know your delivery date changed? Did you get an updated email from ford?
Sponsored