Vehicles
Ford Escape, ‘21 J2 Space White Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For the life of me i cant find where on this site you can send a message to FMC
Click on the letter icon at the top of the page,
click on “ start conversation”
type in ford motor company, below that type, a formal address link should show, click that
any questions let me know…..Bill
Sponsored

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
For those who have been subjected to a 6-week chip hold delay, and getting an additional 250kw free EA charging as an olive branch, was that sufficient?

Mine will have been delayed by 10-11 weeks if the current 2/2-2/8 ETA stands; nearly double the supposed 6-week chip delay.

Might we expect anything at all?

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
Folks, I work in an industry that has a chip shortage. People inside my company have been working extreme hours and weekends to work on supply chain issues in order to continue to make product. I assure you, Ford is doing everything they can to expedite building these cars. The fact that they figured out that they could produce them and park them and add missing chips is a testament to their ingenuity. What would you like them to do? Shut down the production line? laying off the assembly line workers until they have Chips?

They are faced with issues that they are solving for the first time, example, when parking the cars for long durations how do you maintain the LVB, this takes logistics, contractors, engineers, transportation, corporate all working together trying to figure this out in real time. Engineering is working overtime to HELP manufacturing make as many as they can. They are working on every issue that is coming their way.

Every industry is having the same issues, it's not only Ford.

You don't deserve compensation for you long wait, it is the time we live in

Give @Ford Motor Company manufacturing some grace. There are Ford employees working very long hours, weekends, and holidays on your behalf.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Folks, I work in an industry that has a chip shortage. People inside my company have been working extreme hours and weekends to work on supply chain issues in order to continue to make product. I assure you, Ford is doing everything they can to expedite building these cars. The fact that they figured out that they could produce them and park them and add missing chips is a testament to their ingenuity. What would you like them to do? Shut down the production line? laying off the assembly line workers until they have Chips?

They are faced with issues that they are solving for the first time, example, when parking the cars for long durations how do you maintain the LVB, this takes logistics, contractors, engineers, transportation, corporate all working together trying to figure this out in real time. Engineering is working overtime to HELP manufacturing make as many as they can. They are working on every issue that is coming their way.

Give @Ford Motor Company manufacturing some grace. There are Ford employees working very long hours, weekends, and holidays on your behalf.
I don’t think that’s what people are really upset about

what I am upset about is the complete silence from them

rhey have no communication with most people

as a customer I should be hearing from them about something

they are terrible , my car is made except for what

chips, recall, tell us something

Gixxer750

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 VW Golf R; 2021 ER AWD Rapid Red
Occupation
Innovation Guru
Country flag

Being one that had my car on chip hold for over two months, I get it. One of our divisions is struggling with chips as well. I don't think anyone is grumpy over that.
It is the way in which Ford is filling production orders (not FIFO when the chips arrive and again, I even understand they why of this) and the orders stuck in intermediate locations for disproportionate amounts of time. All this occurs with minimal communication. If FMC would send an email to explain why a car sitting at a rail yard 20 miles from the dealer has been pushed out by a month again, people would lower their pitchforks a bit.
The core issue is communication or lack thereof.

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
I don’t think that’s what people are really upset about

what I am upset about is the complete silence from them

rhey have no communication with most people

as a customer I should be hearing from them about something

they are terrible , my car is made except for what

chips, recall, tell us something
Why does it matter? in any event, manufacturing, logistics, engineering are all working the issues as fast as the can.

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag
Why does it matter? in any event, manufacturing, logistics, engineering are all working the issues as fast as the can.
It matters when people are receiving their fully built cars months before me despite placing their orders months after me, with crickets from ford. I placed $500 deposit down to reserve a car no one knew anything about in november of 2019 and it meant squat. My car should have been one of the first GT’s delivered and should have been prioritized, period.

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
Being one that had my car on chip hold for over two months, I get it. One of our divisions is struggling with chips as well. I don't think anyone is grumpy over that.
It is the way in which Ford is filling production orders (not FIFO when the chips arrive and again, I even understand they why of this) and the orders stuck in intermediate locations for disproportionate amounts of time. All this occurs with minimal communication. If FMC would send an email to explain why a car sitting at a rail yard 20 miles from the dealer has been pushed out by a month again, people would lower their pitchforks a bit.
The core issue is communication or lack thereof.
I get it, believe me, I get it. The industry is a mess, they can't find truck drivers, car hauling trailers are in high demand and are scattered all over the country. Ford logistics is working overtime trying anything they can to move things forward.

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

Ah, but the only problem with my car, is that it is not on chip hold. All of the modules have been active since the 'built' notification.

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
It matters when people are receiving their fully built cars months before me despite placing their orders months after me, with crickets from ford. I placed $500 deposit down to reserve a car no one knew anything about in november of 2019 and it meant squat. My car should have been one of the first GT’s delivered and should have been prioritized, period.
Not to mention constantly moving the goalposts with what were evidently 'fictional' estimated deliveries at best. It only adds to the frustration.

Gixxer750

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 VW Golf R; 2021 ER AWD Rapid Red
Occupation
Innovation Guru
Country flag
I get it, believe me, I get it. The industry is a mess, they can't find truck drivers, car hauling trailers are in high demand and are scattered all over the country. Ford logistics is working overtime trying anything they can to move things forward.
I have no doubt of this either. My main business is port equipment and I know what our customers are going through trying to move containers. I'm sure Ford has the skills to get this sorted.

In the meantime though, they have not ramped up their customer experience and support personnel to drive an online sales platform. If we all ordered directly at the dealership, there would be less grumbling. An online ordering platform brings a different set of transparency expectations. Ford will get better at it (they have to for success) but it will hurt a few customers in the meantime.

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
I have no doubt of this either. My main business is port equipment and I know what our customers are going through trying to move containers. I'm sure Ford has the skills to get this sorted.

In the meantime though, they have not ramped up their customer experience and support personnel to drive an online sales platform. If we all ordered directly at the dealership, there would be less grumbling. An online ordering platform brings a different set of transparency expectations. Ford will get better at it (they have to for success) but it will hurt a few customers in the meantime.
Yea, we are feeling that pain too. No one wants to ship empty containers to where they are needed, the imbalance is another logistical nightmare. Daily, they have to make decisions on what is available, Ship, Truck, Train, Fly

NormaV

First Name
Norma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang convertible, Space White Premium MME Ex
Occupation
retired RN
Country flag
I think everyone on this thread has been extremely patient in waiting for their cars, especially the ones who have dates pushed back an excessive amounts of times!
It is not the inability of Ford to complete the car and deliver it. It is their lack of transparency about what is going on being communicated to the customer about their particular car.
Dealerships say they are in the dark. Customer service says to speak to the dealership. GMs say they can't reach out to rail yards only regional reps can. And corporate does not respond to reach outs by customers. The customers get no answers overall.

It is not the wait as it is the lack of communication that is shameful.

I am excited to get my car! But the experience has been anything but stellar.

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
I think everyone on this thread has been extremely patient in waiting for their cars, especially the ones who have dates pushed back an excessive amounts of times!
It is not the inability of Ford to complete the car and deliver it. It is their lack of transparency about what is going on being communicated to the customer about their particular car.
Dealerships say they are in the dark. Customer service says to speak to the dealership. GMs say they can't reach out to rail yards only regional reps can. And corporate does not respond to reach outs by customers. The customers get no answers overall.

It is not the wait as it is the lack of communication that is shameful.

I am excited to get my car! But the experience has been anything but stellar.
Is it really shameful? It's the Fog of Logistics, think about the workload of that Regional Ford Rep, I assure you they are inundated with email, phone calls, people yelling at them. They are working long hours trying to get things unstuck, they know how messed up things are.

The Fog of logistics is changing daily, if they would say one thing, then it changes, everyone would be enraged even more. They are between a rock and a hard spot.
Sponsored