CaityPerry

First Name
Cait
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Mach-E Premium Ext RWD)
Country flag
You're right that it doesn't seem to be explicitly in chronological order. And while I haven't seen anything directly from Ford, I think they are grouping trims/colors just from my experience with the 10/4 build week. Lots of us with Premiums ER battery.
Thank you so much! I'll try to hold off my grumpy-ness as best I can (ha).
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Hi there, new to this forum, and online forums in general but love how supportive everyone seems to be.

Curious if anyone knows if orders being selected for build weeks have a rhyme or reason? Is it a trim package that all goes into build week together, or location? Definitely seems not related to timing of order.

I ordered my 21 Mustang Mach-E Premium ext RWD on 8/27/21 and wondering if I should be in the "grumpy status" or not yet. I see others who ordered after already in build phase and just curious.
<SNIP>
There appears that there is no rhyme or reason, but I am sure there is some multi-factoral system that Ford is using. ??‍♂?

Grumpy is a state of being. Feel free to become one with the grump. ??

Up and Over

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, Iconic Silver
Country flag
Jim Farley may or may not have been quoted as saying that every Monday morning down at the factory in Cuautitlan, the managers there put a list of orders up on the wall and take turns throwing darts to see which cars get produced that week.

There appears that there is no rhyme or reason, but I am sure there is some multi-factoral system that Ford is using. ??‍♂?

Grumpy is a state of being. Feel free to become one with the grump. ??

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Jim Farley may or may not have been quoted as saying that every Monday morning down at the factory in Cuautitlan, the managers there put a list of orders up on the wall and take turns throwing darts to see which cars get produced that week.
Blindfolds and darts may or may not be part of the complex math involved in scheduling and shipping. ???

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
This from Av8tor:
Ford Ordering Process
Ford Scheduling Process

Here is the summary. URL for original post at the end and is a very good read, it has examples of vehicles, dealers, allocation, and commodities coming together.

Order Types
  • Stock - Blue Window Sticker
  • Retail - Sold, assigned customer name, price protection, Green Window Sticker
  • Fleet
Priority Codes
  • Range 1 to 99
  • Dealer sets 10 to 99. 99 will not get scheduled, dealer use as a placeholder
  • Ford Regions/Divisions Prioritize below 10
Allocation
  • Based on dealer sales (More you sell the fewer you have on lot, the more they get)
  • There are provisions for smaller dealers when activated
Commodities (parts on hand) Wednesdays
  • supply issues
  • short term shortages
  • material HOLDs
  • supply vs demand on parts
Scheduling (able to build) Thursday's night
  • based on Commodities and Allocation
  • Dealers with allocation - list is generated in random order via computer
  • selection is done via rounds through list - round 1 takes 1st order from each dealer with allocation, then round 2, etc.
  • if allocation but no commodities, dealer order is skipped
  • Scheduling Status
    • Matl HOLD - something missing, can't schedule
    • unschd/clean - No Schedule, waiting on allocation or commodities
    • submitted (VIN)
    • scheduled (Build Date / VIN)
    • locked in (No Changes)
    • bucked (on the manufacturing floor)
    • produced (Built)
    • release from plant (Inspection, Available to ship)
    • arrived at ramp

Original Article from another forum:
The Ford ordering process explained from start to finish | Ford Focus RS Forum
==========================
My note: Some folks who placed orders as recently as November 2021, are saying they've been notified of a build date in late January 2022. Elsewhere on the forum, it appeared that the 1st 5 weeks of 2022MY production would go to backlogged 2021 orders. If true that 2022 orders are filled before backlogged 2021 orders, this suggests that the ordering date is not the main factor in when a build date is given. However, it seems likely that such "premature" build dates get extended with the "actual" build date being a month or more later.

I'm dizzy from trying to discern actual outcomes from the forum data base. It is poorly populated and not particularly current. I guess I'll go back to the "grumpy" camp and bite my nails while waiting.... and waiting.... ?

avinator

First Name
Avinash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Energi,Mach E,Honda Pilot
Country flag
I am in grumpy mode as i have order date of 7/31/2021 -Rapid Red AWS Extended Range but no traction. Just got moved to 2022 model as most but nothing. Honestly, this is ridiculous and is moving few folks i know to Tesla just because they have better delivery times than Ford currently. I just hope that by Spring get my vehicle as its better that way to avoid the highway salt in Chicago, is how i have convinced myself.

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
I went to see my Mach-E today, and it ACTUALLY exists (I checked the VIN).

BUT, I’m not going anywhere yet—still grumpy until the 12V is replaced, hopefully Tuesday (then you can get the bat out!)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who haven't gotten their Mach-E's yet to be grumpy in 1A63AF40-D547-4535-8700-63CBA788BF36

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
I went to see my Mach-E today, and it ACTUALLY exists (I checked the VIN).

BUT, I’m not going anywhere yet—still grumpy until the 12V is replaced, hopefully Tuesday (then you can get the bat out!)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who haven't gotten their Mach-E's yet to be grumpy in 1A63AF40-D547-4535-8700-63CBA788BF36
It will be my honor to finally get that bat out for you. You deserve it already!

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
<SNIP>
I'm dizzy from trying to discern actual outcomes from the forum data base. It is poorly populated and not particularly current. I guess I'll go back to the "grumpy" camp and bite my nails while waiting.... and waiting.... ?
I think the admin is a bit behind on the forum database. I have submitted a few updates to my line entry that have not appeared. I received my car on November 19 and the first of those updates I haven’t seen yet was submitted before I got my car. I’m sure the admin will get those updates posted soon. ??

I feel you on the waiting. I reserved and then waited. Then I ordered and then waited and waited. I got a chip hold email and waited. I got my VIN and production week and then waited. My production week was postponed silently (twice) while waiting. It’s a long and frustrating process. ??

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Planning ahead. Who gets the bat after @veronicablack ? ???
Man I don't know lol. I'm ashamed to admit I haven't been on the forum much since I got the car so I'm a bit out of touch. (I also have been moving which has distracted me for over a month)

migna

First Name
Francesco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e rwd extended
Country flag
Congratulations on the confirmed delivery of your Mach-E! Glad you are not grumpy anymore. :)
Hi! I have to al least give it a try on this :)

Is there a way to have something nearly similar to the tracking capability you have for US orders on European orders as well?
I'm from Italy, ordered my car back in July. I know it has been built in November but after that.... no news!
My dealer told me it should be "somewhere on a ship". Which ship/when it is supposed to arrive in Antwerp/estimated time of delivery...all info that apparently no one is able to share ?
I know from the beginning I would have waited till February/March but I'm a little bit surprised of this lack of transparency and updates expecially if you think that in US customers are able to track any little steps of their orders...
I had a range rover before and when I ordered it I was able to monitor in real time its position since the moment the car left the production line. I assumed this would have been a market standard in 2022 but apparently it's not ?
Sponsored