James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ordered 8-25-21: 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E CalRt1
Occupation
Risk Management/Insurance
Country flag
When I picked up my car today. My dealer told us they, the dealership, finally got permission to pick up cars from the rail yard. Up to now they were at the mercy of the truckers. So, there is hope for those still waiting and cars stuck in rail yards.
Good news! I'm in south Florida (dealer is Plantation Ford), whereabouts are you? If necessary I'd like to nudge my dealer to do local pick up. Most dealers don't want to be the first at this kind of innovation but if I can gently point out another FL dealer doing it...

NormaV

First Name
Norma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang convertible, Space White Premium MME Ex
Occupation
retired RN
Country flag
Good news! I'm in south Florida (dealer is Plantation Ford), whereabouts are you? If necessary I'd like to nudge my dealer to do local pick up. Most dealers don't want to be the first at this kind of innovation but if I can gently point out another FL dealer doing it...
We bought ours from Pompano Ford

JamesInWeston

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
We bought ours from Pompano Ford
Technical question: Do you know if they drove it from (Miami?) rail yard, or on their own truck?

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag
When I picked up my car today. My dealer told us they, the dealership, finally got permission to pick up cars from the rail yard. Up to now they were at the mercy of the truckers. So, there is hope for those still waiting and cars stuck in rail yards.
I like the post, but don’t believe it is truthful

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My wife’s gtpe built week of 10/4 with a del of first week of Feb just got moved to first week of March. 5 months old 2021. I wonder what kind of markup the dealer can sell it for?

Lucky I have one built week of 12/23, still del for first week of Feb. Still a 2021.

Oh and I am still waiting for blue cruise and other updates for my premium.

NormaV

First Name
Norma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang convertible, Space White Premium MME Ex
Occupation
retired RN
Country flag
Technical question: Do you know if they drove it from (Miami?) rail yard, or on their own truck?
Nobody drove mine. It had a dead 12V. battery. And it was delivered to the dealership, they did not pick it up. They said moving forward they have been given permission to pick up cars.

RhodyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 X3M40i, ‘21 GTPE
Country flag
Tomorrow I’m going to get my trade-in valued. Prepared to head down the road a mile to Carmax if necessary!
Definitely shop around in this market. I tried Carvana, Vroom and Carmax for a 2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid and carmax was a couple grand higher. Then I tried KBB instant offer which I new would light my phone up immediately but I ignored the calls and watched the emails. I took it to three dealers they wanted to see it. Got offers from $24k to $30k! In the end my ford dealer gave me $29,500 as trade so I had plenty of options/leverage. Good luck!

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
Definitely shop around in this market. I tried Carvana, Vroom and Carmax for a 2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid and carmax was a couple grand higher. Then I tried KBB instant offer which I new would light my phone up immediately but I ignored the calls and watched the emails. I took it to three dealers they wanted to see it. Got offers from $24k to $30k! In the end my ford dealer gave me $29,500 as trade so I had plenty of options/leverage. Good luck!
Wow, and thanks!

Edredius

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e premium stb awd
Country flag
Well I get to be grumpy for a long time. Ordered mine on 1/3, the grumpiness begins when my ice decides she needs a water pump replacement ugh.

Maybe because I ordered a Standard Range and live in a zev state my wait will be shorter.

I feel the answer to that is probably not. I think my dealership is trying to make me feel better saying that I should expect her to be built April timeframe. That would be a nice bday present. Better yet would be having her home.

Now to rest the patience. Can't wait to see how sharp the rapid red with space gray interior pops ?

JamesInWeston

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I like the post, but don’t believe it is truthful
Florida's business environment is more conducive to competition. I can envision local truckers don't have the same locks on business they might have elsewhere. I'll believe her story until I hear otherwise from my dealer here in south Florida.

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag
Florida's business environment is more conducive to competition. I can envision local truckers don't have the same locks on business they might have elsewhere. I'll believe her story until I hear otherwise from my dealer here in south Florida.
I think you all misunderstand. I believe Norma was told that, I don’t believe the dealer knows what they are talking about with regards to picking up vehicles. But realize my pessimism has completely consumed me with regards to my “in limbo mache”

Up and Over

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, Iconic Silver
Country flag
I was wondering about that as well—at what point does a 2021 in 2022 lose cachet and dealers back away from “market adjustment”? I think for certain when 2022s start to arrive but anytime before then? It is starting to feel weird to think about getting a 2021 vehicle in the spring of 2022.

My wife’s gtpe built week of 10/4 with a del of first week of Feb just got moved to first week of March. 5 months old 2021. I wonder what kind of markup the dealer can sell it for?

Lucky I have one built week of 12/23, still del for first week of Feb. Still a 2021.

Oh and I am still waiting for blue cruise and other updates for my premium.

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium Extended Range AWD
Country flag
...at what point does a 2021 in 2022 lose cachet and dealers back away from “market adjustment”?
When the market quits buying.

Buyers put a value on being able to drive away now rather than wait. With no change between years other than the number I don't see the "market adjustment" disappearing untill '22's are sitting on the lot waiting for buyers.