First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hello Grumps,

I’m thinking of joining your clan. According to my dealer, my 5/29 ordered ‘21 MME Premium AWD ExR seems to be abandoned in transit. Shipped on 12/5, it has yet to move out of KC after arriving on 12/15. He says the vehicle is in “repair mode”, likely due to a dead 12V battery. In his words, United Road will not touch the car if the battery is dead due to the cars ingeniously designed 12V battery compartment. So apparently its just going to live in KC now until someone from Ford decides to drop a new battery in it.

I’m taking all this with a massive grain of salt, as I’ve seen plenty of others posting about their MMEs arriving at the dealership with dead batteries. I have a feeling this is just a narrative he made up to blame Ford corporate, while subtly suggesting I just reorder. My delivery date was 1/14-1/20 before receiving the “Arrival Date of your Vehicle has been Updated” email, and is now 2/14-2/20. Not hopeful this will hold.

I look forward to grumbling with you all!

J
Hi there! Send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer, and I can look into the delay you're experiencing on my end.

NormaV

First Name
Norma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang convertible, Space White Premium MME Ex
Occupation
retired RN
Country flag
Booi, but a positive note for us, it's not the mach e plant that's halting production, but the ICE Mustang. I think they are prioritizing the ev's. Let's stay hopeful I still have a long wait in front of me lol.
Yea, I agree.

NormaV

First Name
Norma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang convertible, Space White Premium MME Ex
Occupation
retired RN
Country flag
An-ti-ci-pa-a-cion, is mak-ing me wait…

?

(text to my sales rep…)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who haven't gotten their Mach-E's yet to be grumpy in 81FA1083-12FB-4F69-80CC-41659FD20AE2
What are they doing??
Although I did have to wait an extra day also. Got the battery in on Wednesday and didn’t pick it up until Friday.

soon

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
What are they doing??
Although I did have to wait an extra day also. Got the battery in on Wednesday and didn’t pick it up until Friday.

soon
Good question! I'm wondering if it's the seat belt recall they're finishing, as the battery arrived and was installed on Monday, so it isn't that. They also installed the Sto n Sho and front plate on Monday, and the registration was stamped yesterday.

But who's GRUMPY?! o_O

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
Booi, but a positive note for us, it's not the mach e plant that's halting production, but the ICE Mustang. I think they are prioritizing the ev's. Let's stay hopeful I still have a long wait in front of me lol.
Something something something Mach E isn't a real Mustang something something something.

Looks like the "not a real Mustang" wins here.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag

Gixxer750

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 VW Golf R; 2021 ER AWD Rapid Red
Occupation
Innovation Guru
Country flag
Glad to say mine has finally made it to KC! Palsapp just updated this morning. I did a trip number check and it looks like mine had some company. Have a look and see if your VIN is there as well.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who haven't gotten their Mach-E's yet to be grumpy in PalsA