Thread for people who haven't gotten their Mach-E's yet to be grumpy in

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I feel like when you have to pee on a road trip but can hold it in until you're like down the block from your destination and suddenly it feels like you'll never make it lol
You definitely have a way with words, VeronicaB. Are you a professional poet?

I hope nobody pees on your delivery!

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Ugh my car is almost here and now for whatever stupid reason I'm reading all these horror stories about bad deliveries. Just saw one on reddit about the dealer locking the keys inside after delivering the car to the person's house, towing the car back without putting it on a flatbed, and forcing the person to decline possession after waiting 10 months for the car.

My anxiety and fears about all this are starting to peak again. I feel like when you have to pee on a road trip but can hold it in until you're like down the block from your destination and suddenly it feels like you'll never make it lol
What are you going to do if your dealer adds a couple thousands to the price when it arrives?

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I'm only day 47 of predicted 196-day wait, so I've not earned a right to be grumpy, like so many who suffered through 2021MY ordering. At this stage of my "wait and as I try to get information from the entries in this forum's database, I realize how incomplete and lagged it is. However, in the absence of this forum, there would be NO information to the customer during the 12-16 weeks between order and estimated build date. (It's also very useful for getting individual experience about the MME and home charging.)

I do start to feel grumpy, even victimized, about two things in particular.
1) the inability to locate useful information about Ford's MME production rates or MME allocation system. (The potential buyer is in an information void until you get a VIN.) There seems little to be done about this, except complain to behemoth FoMoCo, some day, and continue to search for "inside" or 3rd party sources of information about what's going on with Ford MME production. IMHO, Ford's predicted delivery dates, 20+ to 28+ weeks should be supported with current numbers, such as: monthly production goals, number of orders pending, and proportion of production going to US, Canada, Europe. Any links or information sources on these subjects would be welcome.
and
2) the inability to assess the equity or value of "my Ford dealer's" role in this acquisition process. Ford's MME ordering system (which I naively thought was "online") forced me to "pick" from a dealer selection that I knew nothing about. In these weeks since my order, I've learned that the dealer is, to some unknown degree, a factor in the length of a buyer's wait. "My dealer" required a $1500 deposit where other nearby dealers only required $500. My dealer assigned my priority the lowest value and will not change it. My dealer would provide no assistance with acquiring a "coming soon" order from another dealer in the same network, although they advertised it on their own webpage. My dealer would not disclose the number of orders they have handled, are pending, my place in their line, or how many orders have been filled through them. I have asked if I could change the model of my order or file a second order with them without a second deposit of $1500. They have not yet responded. I ordered without seeing the MME but was told I'd be called when they got one I could see. In 6 weeks, no call. Last time I called them, they said they hadn't had one in, not even those they had ordered. There is neither apparent process for determining which of the other dealers could be "better" nor mechanism to transfer dealers.

Now thinking about ordering from another dealer (but 1st order was before price hike) and whether Ford's estimated delivery times will become shorter as the spool up MME production in the next few months. I'm assuming any dealer is going to honor the Ford's price guarantee. But that's possibly my naive, inexperience with Ford and dealers showing itself.

Gixxer750

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 VW Golf R; 2021 ER AWD Rapid Red
Occupation
Innovation Guru
Country flag

Up and Over

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, Iconic Silver
Country flag
It is like Lucy pulling the football away!!

Ugh my car is almost here and now for whatever stupid reason I'm reading all these horror stories about bad deliveries. Just saw one on reddit about the dealer locking the keys inside after delivering the car to the person's house, towing the car back without putting it on a flatbed, and forcing the person to decline possession after waiting 10 months for the car.

My anxiety and fears about all this are starting to peak again. I feel like when you have to pee on a road trip but can hold it in until you're like down the block from your destination and suddenly it feels like you'll never make it lol

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag

FinCrimesJD

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport Badlands, upcoming MME AWD ER
Occupation
Banking
Country flag
Hope everyone's week has started off well, though I know many of us are still sitting in a "black hole" of info, so grumpiness is still a pain point for most of us. A

Anyone had any luck with their orders yet? I wasn't able to hit the gym like I normally do and my angst is getting the better of me, especially seeing my counter now at 152 days with no VIN, no ETA, nothing. I was hoping to hear some positive stories to help lessen frustrations.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
Hope everyone's week has started off well, though I know many of us are still sitting in a "black hole" of info, so grumpiness is still a pain point for most of us. A

Anyone had any luck with their orders yet? I wasn't able to hit the gym like I normally do and my angst is getting the better of me, especially seeing my counter now at 152 days with no VIN, no ETA, nothing. I was hoping to hear some positive stories to help lessen frustrations.
Wish I could boost your positive vibes. But sorry cant. I am just over 3 months in wait mode. Keep your Chin up.

BrewPaw

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
I'm at day 168 since order on 8-9-2021....Got my VIN on 12-24-2021 and production suppose to start this week, --1-24-2022, but then it said last week it was in production......suppose it will be another 6 weeks till delivery, see what happens....

2022 DMG, GT loaded
Sponsored