Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
I was just looking at my paperwork from the Ford dealer where I placed my order on October 18th. I do have an order number and a few pages (description) of what I ordered. Options etc. But nothing else. Heres a picture. Order number at top. 8 digits. FWIW. oh I also wrote my dealer asking on that 2 digit number I see you guys talking about. 10 is the best. Will let you guys know on that.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who ordered a 2022 on 10/1 to post adventures 20211029_101341

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
I ordered a premium at a dealer about 3 weeks ago. Got frustrated with lack of communication and placed an online order last week with another dealer.

The first dealer finally sent me the order sheet to sign (but no deposit) and they say it’s been submitted. No emails from Ford though.

The online order was accepted by dealer.

If I understand correctly nothing happens until Ford accepts either the order. Correct?

Is there any way to confirm with Ford that they got the order I placed at the dealership?

I figure I’ll keep both orders at this point, but I don’t want to ”patiently“ wait for a production date for 2 months only to find out the dealer never submitted it to Ford.

OP
OP
Cobra427

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So here it is Friday, so, I for one, am hoping that some 10/1 and later people get production dates today. So far, I have only read of ONE actual 10/1 order, not a converted 2021 order, that has a production date.
Let's see what happens today. If anything...

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
So here it is Friday, so, I for one, am hoping that some 10/1 and later people get production dates today. So far, I have only read of ONE actual 10/1 order, not a converted 2021 order, that has a production date.
Let's see what happens today. If anything...
I check for that email so much every day. I am driving myself nuts. The only thing I figure I have going for me is I ordered from a very big, old well establlshed dealer. But that can blow up in my face. Who knows. ?

OP
OP
Cobra427

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I check for that email so much every day. I am driving myself nuts. The only thing I figure I have going for me is I ordered from a very big, old well establlshed dealer. But that can blow up in my face. Who knows. ?
We just changed dealers before ordering our MME. The dealership in the town nearest us had gone out of business (dad started business, son ruined it, classic story) and it was purchased by another dealer who intends to renovate and expand it. Experienced owner, new staff. Our assigned sales guy is learning and eager to please. We met and talked to the new owner, and he passed our initial trustworthiness tests, including the wife's anti-sleaze radar system. So far, so good.

The dealer can make or break your purchase experience, for sure.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I ordered a premium at a dealer about 3 weeks ago. Got frustrated with lack of communication and placed an online order last week with another dealer.

The first dealer finally sent me the order sheet to sign (but no deposit) and they say it’s been submitted. No emails from Ford though.

The online order was accepted by dealer.

If I understand correctly nothing happens until Ford accepts either the order. Correct?

Is there any way to confirm with Ford that they got the order I placed at the dealership?

I figure I’ll keep both orders at this point, but I don’t want to ”patiently“ wait for a production date for 2 months only to find out the dealer never submitted it to Ford.
The dealer enters it into Ford's system, but Ford does not "confirm" or "accept" the order until the dealer gets allocation. Really it is best to ask your dealer if they have enough MME allocation to order your car, and if Ford has accepted your order. If you don't trust the answer from the dealer, find a better dealer. There are plenty of good ones out there.

The dealer is Ford's customer, not us. It is hard to remember that because we are so used to going on-line and ordering whatever we want, so we think we are ordering the car from Ford, but all we are really doing is getting our request to the dealer. The dealer places the order and Ford delivers it to them. So if you don't have your agreement with the dealer in writing, they can screw you over in many ways, including price. Or selling "your" car to someone else.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Hey guys, look at what I just got from the dealer. Remember I sent that code request email a few hours ago. Here is the email I just got back. Dam, I luv this dealer. Answers everything right away. So heres that 2 digit code number explained right from his lips.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who ordered a 2022 on 10/1 to post adventures 20211029_115059

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium GB
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Do you know if they accept x-plan on the MME by chance? Didn't think to call them before just going to Homer Skelton ?
Sorry, I do not know. But they do say they don't do ADM if you place an order.

Last edited:

MetrowestZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California AWD
Country flag
Hey, congrats! Thinking you are the first 10/1 order to get a production date.
And like others over the last 24 hours, mine was pushed from 12/3 to January. This is like the marshmallow test. Wait for the order or go searching on lots.

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
Ordered a CR1 on 10/5, got a build date of 12/13, but decided on 10/26 to change to a Premium so I’m back to the end of the line.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
After reading some of the feedback here I asked my dealer what’s up. Ford.com says my order date is Oct 1. Here’s what my dealer wrote after asking about the priority number:

Your priority number is 19. Scheduling is based on your reservation #.

Anyone know what that means!

Edit: on Ford.com it says order accepted but don’t have a build date yet.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
I'm still in the limbo of having had my order confirmed and accepted by the dealer, got an email from Ford on 22 October, but complete radio science since.

Dealer has no insight.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who ordered a 2022 on 10/1 to post adventures ford_2021_nov_02

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
I'm still in the limbo of having had my order confirmed and accepted by the dealer, got an email from Ford on 22 October, but complete radio science since.

Dealer has no insight.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who ordered a 2022 on 10/1 to post adventures ford_2021_nov_02
You ordered on October 1, what are you expecting at this point? (not being rude, I ordered the same day)
I'm hoping to get a build date sometime this month, which will probably be late January and then slip into February. Built in mid Feb and shipped around the beginning of March, then have the car in my garage on March 30th.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
You ordered on October 1, what are you expecting at this point? (not being rude, I ordered the same day)
I'm hoping to get a build date sometime this month, which will probably be late January and then slip into February. Built in mid Feb and shipped around the beginning of March, then have the car in my garage on March 30th.
I'm not actually expecting any news until December. Just saw a reminder of this thread and thought I would update.
Sponsored