Thread for people who ordered a 2022 on 10/1 to post adventures

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
Saturday morning, and looking like those of us in the USA who ordered 2022s early got overlooked once again by the Ford schedulers. Not only that, but next week's (12/13) scheduling plan calls for cleanup only, whatever that means. Rats.
Cleanup is the scheduling of as many open orders as possible to fill the week and to verify they have enough materials to finish the week.

Unfortunately I heard some bad news at my local dealer yesterday. Seems that Ford is cancelling some 2021 orders that were never converted to 2022's. The sales manager is hoping its only going to be dealer orders without customer info attached. He currently has two outstanding orders that he was told would not be entered into the order bank.
He said this does not impact the 2022's reserved in October, but he wont be able to enter the balance of those into the order bank until February since his monthly allotment is full for December and January.

Tony
Sponsored

MinimumGain

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Prem, AWD, EXT (Ordered 11/27/21)
Country flag
Hi All - I placed my order online, Saturday Nov 27th and then exchanged emails with the Dealer on Monday Nov 29th to confirm the specs. He said that morning, he would "get the order in". I got an email this morning from Ford screenshot below.....should I be reading into this? Has my dealer been sitting on the order for 2+ weeks or is this just par for the course

YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN CONFIRMED
Dear Mr T,
Congratulations on ordering your all‑new Mustang Mach-E Premium! Your order has been placed with Ford Motor Company on your behalf by XXXXXXXX Ford, Inc..​

Bill S

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Prem ER eAWD, 18 Tesla M3, 64 Falcon Sprint
Country flag
Hi All - I placed my order online, Saturday Nov 27th and then exchanged emails with the Dealer on Monday Nov 29th to confirm the specs. He said that morning, he would "get the order in". I got an email this morning from Ford screenshot below.....should I be reading into this? Has my dealer been sitting on the order for 2+ weeks or is this just par for the course

Dear Mr T,
Congratulations on ordering your all‑new Mustang Mach-E Premium! Your order has been placed with Ford Motor Company on your behalf by XXXXXXXX Ford, Inc..​

I had same experience with my 10/1 order. Let the waiting begin. LOL

MinimumGain

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Prem, AWD, EXT (Ordered 11/27/21)
Country flag
Did we just lose 2+ weeks for nothing, Bill? Did the dealer drop the ball or do you think this was on corporate?

DrJay32

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.luminescentphoto.com
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select AWD
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
Did we just lose 2+ weeks for nothing, Bill? Did the dealer drop the ball or do you think this was on corporate?
When I ordered at my dealership on 10/1, they indicated that Ford would not be processing those orders until 10/21 or so… and that’s when I got my “accepted” email.

However, orders placed after 10/21 should go through with Ford unless the dealer is somehow slow-rolling them.

Bill S

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No. Just that the Ford response system to us is not timely. It won't matter. Stay tuned to this forum for constant info about the car and about the process. Ford is on this forum.

DrJay32

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.luminescentphoto.com
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select AWD
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
Well, Charlie Brown, another Thursday is upon us. Let’s see if the most sincere get scheduled today.

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag

Dear Mr T,
I placed my order online 10/19, accepted by dealer 10/20 and I got the same email this morning. Does this mean that my order just got confirmed? Did I just lose 2 months in waiting when nothing was happening? Or did everyone who is in order accepted by dealer status get this email?

Bill S

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I placed my order online 10/19, accepted by dealer 10/20 and I got the same email this morning. Does this mean that my order just got confirmed? Did I just lose 2 months in waiting when nothing was happening? Or did everyone who is in order accepted by dealer status get this email?
I think that Ford Corporate is not "in the groove" with regard to direct communications with us, the dealer's customer. What you have experienced is common. I'll bet your order is dated 10/20 in the Ford system.

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
I ordered via the dealer, signed a Virginia Buyers Order on 10/30/21, they gave me a copy of the order with order number and priority code. I received the "Ford" confirmation while I was still sitting there waiting for the paper work.

@FLmac you put me onto the clue that they are batching cars into regions, Someone in Canada who ordered the same car on the same date already has a build date scheduled.

I'm thinking it comes down to shipping logistics by region, by location within a state, and dealer allotment. nothing pointing to order date, or first in first out.

I ordered from a small dealer, which means I'll be waiting longer than If I ordered from a dealer in a Hot market around DC, where most of the MME retail cars are in my state.

Last edited:

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
I ordered via the dealer, signed a Virginia Buyers Order on 10/30/21, they gave me a copy of the order with order number and priority code. I received the "Ford" confirmation while I was still sitting there waiting for the paper work.

@FLmac you put me onto the clue that they are batching cars into regions, Someone in Canada who ordered the same car on the same date already has a build date scheduled.

I'm thinking it comes down to shipping logistics by region, by location within a state, and dealer allotment. nothing pointing to order date, or first in first out.

I ordered from a small dealer, which means I'll be waiting longer than If I ordered from a dealer in a Hot market around DC, where most of the MME retail cars are in my state.
I got a confirmation email the day I ordered but just got a confirmed order email.

I believe there’s some reasoning to they way they schedule orders but I think it’s one of those wall boards with a million strings that go all over and it would take me years to figure out the system.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Thread for people who ordered a 2022 on 10/1 to post adventures 1639667881279

I’m staring to dread Thursdays ?

GT_order_#1001

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Shadow Black GT MME, 2013 Pearl Chevy Volt
Occupation
Civil-Enviro Engineer
Country flag

@Av8tor I ordered a SB GT with pano/360 over the phone with Sheehy Ford Richmond on 10/1 and got my Ford confirmation on 10/1. Sheehy Priority 10. A Ford email in November set my production week as Jan 3 but that could change on any Thursday, as you know.

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
@Av8tor I ordered a SB GT with pano/360 over the phone with Sheehy Ford Richmond on 10/1 and got my Ford confirmation on 10/1. Sheehy Priority 10. A Ford email in November set my production week as Jan 3 but that could change on any Thursday, as you know.
@GT_order_#1001 SWEET, so I did a little research on how things are scheduled, see link below. I wonder if the Random generator was in your favor, or my dealer is out of allocation.

The Ford ordering/scheduling process explained from start to finish | MachEforum - Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum, News, Owners, Discussions
Sponsored