Thread for people who ordered a 2022 on 10/1 to post adventures

CarDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER Premium 2022
Country flag
I think a Premium with the magna ride suspension would be the perfect car for me. I don't need the extra power of the GTPE and I don't need AWD. But that manga ride suspension....
Sponsored

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Still waiting on my Mach-E to arrive. But the Pacifica Hybrid I ordered as a backup arrived first, and we ended up taking that, too. So for Chrysler, the total time from order to delivery was something like 6-7 months from the time of order (original prediction was 4-5 months; my Ford dealership also predicted five months for the Mach-E).

The Pacifica suffered a bit similarly to the Mach-E with feature removals and even the threat of ADM. The previous model year had power mirrors, but mine just received a minor deduction from the total cost and unfortunately no option to have them re-enabled - reportedly due to the chip shortage (for a huge vehicle like this, it's a feature I do wish I had). The panoramic roof in the previous model year had glass over the third row, but mine is just a roof with an indentation over the third row, probably indicating that it would have been there (but you wouldn't think of it unless you knew).

As for the dealer markup? The dealership forced two add-ons, stating that they were already applied and couldn't be removed (dirty and something I didn't appreciate), but allowed me to cancel the rest. I was considered price-protected and got it at MSRP, but for fun I checked the window sticker and the dealership was adding on about $14,000 and calling it something like an "availability adjustment." I liked my sales guy and the overall process was probably the best one I've had so far (admittedly a low bar to jump over). I guess this is the new way we do it with cars: order in advance and feel lucky if you get it at MSRP.

Now just waiting on my Mach-E... hopefully it'll be a smooth process.

john `doc`

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F250 Toyota Prius Possible future mach-e
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Country flag
Finally got a build date yesterday!

Premium, AWD, Extended Range, Space White

Ordered on 10/1
Build date /29

Premium, AWD, Extended Range, Grabber Blue Metallic, Seating Material Light Space Gray.

batch 7190 249/330 ordered initially 9/12/2021 converted to 2022 on 10/3/2021 - in production since 7/27 - no build date - chat earlier indicated in production but gave a 9/6/2022 estimated arrival at dealer.

I feel like I was in grade school being the last person picked for baseball team :<

johnh...

Petey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 EV6 GT-Line, 2022 Premium AWD ER (I hope!)
Country flag
I'm just happy my Aug build date has not moved in the last week or two. It will be close if this thing comes in under a year.

I delayed ordering on the advice of the dealer to ensure I got a 22 model year. I would have ordered in Aug 21 but instead waited until the Oct orders opened up. Big mistake in hindsight.

baff

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Country flag
Ordered GB premium AWD 10/2, build date originally 5/16, was actually built week of 6/30, arrived last week, spent last week working on the paperwork. I’m HOPING to take it home sometime this week after getting all of the POS rebate, price protection , ford options and latest is accounting for the $325 for the park assist removal. Not like they could just stack this all up against my VIN and present it in a tidy bow to the dealer …. So much effort by my dealer to wrap this up just trying to track all the changes let alone reflect it in the invoice and payments.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Finally got a build date. September 5th. Any other October 1st orders still waiting?
Wow, you just got a build date? Mine was built 5 weeks ago and has been sitting in a parking lot or something. Best of luck on your speedy build and delivery!

athompson264

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered-2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I picked mine up on July 9th and it is returning to the dealer for service because I have received 3 system warnings twice while driving in the last 2 weeks.

The 3 warnings were:
-Restraints indicator lamp warning
-Pre-collision assist not available
-Powertrain malfunction/reduced power

Both times, the car still drove fine. The first time it happened, my husband thought I got into an accident since he received the alerts on his phone. The alerts did go away after it sat powered off for a while. I am hoping it is an easy fix...

I did install the Thinkware U1000 dashcam system prior to getting these alerts so not sure if that has any factor in the alerts appearing.

mmap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Route1
Occupation
Software Guy
Country flag
I did install the Thinkware U1000 dashcam system prior to getting these alerts so not sure if that has any factor in the alerts appearing.
Sounds like maybe the dashcam is causing some electrical drain on your 12v and causing the problem....

CarDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER Premium 2022
Country flag
I picked mine up on July 9th and it is returning to the dealer for service because I have received 3 system warnings twice while driving in the last 2 weeks.

The 3 warnings were:
-Restraints indicator lamp warning
-Pre-collision assist not available
-Powertrain malfunction/reduced power

Both times, the car still drove fine. The first time it happened, my husband thought I got into an accident since he received the alerts on his phone. The alerts did go away after it sat powered off for a while. I am hoping it is an easy fix...

I was looking at having this dashcam installed from best buy in the next few weeks.

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Wow, you just got a build date? Mine was built 5 weeks ago and has been sitting in a parking lot or something. Best of luck on your speedy build and delivery!
Thanks. I actually bought a gt off a lot in December so I’m not stressed.

athompson264

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered-2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I was looking at having this dashcam installed from best buy in the next few weeks.
The dealership said the fault was coming from a PDM related to the brake assist. They told me that the "fix" at the moment was a software update but if I have the faults again that the component will "likely" need to be replaced. They said they drove it for 22 miles and did not experience the fault but I don't think it is easily replicated. I'll get it back on Monday so I'll see how it goes and report back if the faults return...

I don't think it has anything to do with the dashcam installation. My husband and I hardwired it to 2 fuses that are unused so it shouldn't cause an issue with voltage. I installed the Thinkware front and rear cams with the Thinkware radar thing.

At the moment my normal drive is 45 miles daily then probably another 90ish on the weekends. So I charge once a week to 85% which seems to work fine.